Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Making cards        (Topic#1569977)
armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:
I've done both ... what I try to do is make a card right after I make a LO, using the scraps created from the page, because I HATE having leftover scraps. I very often use the design of the LO to inspire the card as well.

I usually keep the sentiment off until I need it, and I try to do at least SOME unisex cards, because I never seem to have any of those when I need them.

This is a great idea,, So many of our LOs have such nice Pattern paper,,Im sure we can create a nice card from the leftover paper scraps. Thanks

JoanieCat
Resident
JoanieCat
In response to armygirl

I try to make at least 3 at once especially if I'm using a stamp I like. Anything beyond that takes too long and I get bored and botch-up a fourth card: waste of supplies. I don't have use for more than 3 of the same: one for me to use, one for my friend's collection ( I send her a box of assorted for Christmas) and a spare. I've had a few lo's I love, but rarely use it again after the original 3. Too many ideas, too little time.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to JoanieCat

• JoanieCat Said:
I try to make at least 3 at once especially if I'm using a stamp I like. Anything beyond that takes too long and I get bored and botch-up a fourth card: waste of supplies. I don't have use for more than 3 of the same: one for me to use, one for my friend's collection ( I send her a box of assorted for Christmas) and a spare. I've had a few lo's I love, but rarely use it again after the original 3. Too many ideas, too little time.

Great idea to share one with a friend.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to Kim222

I am pretty much a card maker EXCLUSIVELY,,,

for the most part, I make each card individually,,,,,,but if I make a card that took a particularly LONG time to make,,,,,or a difficult card (read GUY cards), or a type of card that I am particularly LOW on, I'll make two. I figure the first one took me 2 hours to make, I might as well make a second in 10 minutes and have TWO cards for 130 minutes of effort rather than one for 120 minutes of effort. Often, they are not exact,,,,,,the sentiment might be different,,,,or left blank for the second.

Guy Cards By CommaHolly

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to CommaHolly

Holly, The one thing I have trouble with is making Guy (male) Cards. I dont own alot of masculine stamps and I just cant get motivated to make the male cards.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to armygirl

I have a hard time with them too, Silvia,,,,hence the reason I make TWO if I actually COME UP WITH a design LOL

TJCraftyWitch
Governor
TJCraftyWitch
In response to CommaHolly

Great ideas ladies.

Esmee
Esmee 
Resident
Esmee
  • Esmee on 02-14-12 12:25 AM
In response to TJCraftyWitch

It depends....Christmas cards: I make 3 or 4 different designs in one style, all the cards are made with the same papers and embellishments. (and don't use that stuff the next few years, if any is left).

Normal cards are personally, I make them with one person in mind.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to Esmee

I find it very interesting to see how different but still how very similar we are when we are creating. I got some good ideas for the next time I sit down to make cards. I really need to get some masculine cards made. Thanks

Esmee
Esmee 
Resident
Esmee
  • Esmee on 02-14-12 07:29 AM
In response to armygirl

I don't know what stamps you have Most of my stamps are use able for both (male and female), I'm always trying to look at the person, what colours will be really something for him, what's in his house? that kind of thing Wow, it's really difficult to say what you mean in a different language!! The stamps are the same but the way I colour them and the background paper can be different or used in a different way. I made this one for a guy:

pwiswell
Veteran
pwiswell
In response to armygirl

I usually make a differnt card each time. Although at Christmas, I did duplicate my designs and it was quicker. I may do this more throughout the year as well.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to Esmee

• Esmee Said:
I don't know what stamps you have Most of my stamps are use able for both (male and female), I'm always trying to look at the person, what colours will be really something for him, what's in his house? that kind of thing Wow, it's really difficult to say what you mean in a different language!! The stamps are the same but the way I colour them and the background paper can be different or used in a different way. I made this one for a guy:

Your card is Very Pretty. Thanks

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to pwiswell

• pwiswell Said:
I usually make a differnt card each time. Although at Christmas, I did duplicate my designs and it was quicker. I may do this more throughout the year as well.

I think it's a good idea to make a few of the same,,At least it works well for me cause I join swaps and I also give lots of cards to my mom for her use.

Esmee
Esmee 
Resident
Esmee
  • Esmee on 02-18-12 05:24 AM
In response to armygirl

Thank you

bkaradzhova
New Kid On the Block
bkaradzhova
In response to Kim222

I do just one and then switch but now that I learned more about card making I think I will make like 10 of a kind and then change the design. This would be much more fast and efficient.

MindyO
MindyO 
Veteran
MindyO
In response to bkaradzhova

I make a bunch of one design, and send them to Operation Write Home.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to MindyO

Mindy,I've heard about OWH,,I think what they do is Fantastic. Such a nice thing for you to take part in.

scrappin-momma
Veteran
scrappin-momma
In response to Kim222

I never create the same card twice, but I'm sure it's been done. Lol I have used the same papers on different cards, but different designs. Always different designs. Often though, I leave the greeting or sentiment blank that way some of my more versatile designs can be used in a hurry as needed.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to Kim222

I never make two cards the same. Of course mine always have a colored stamp on them be it magnolia's or another stamp.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics