Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Scotch ATG gun        (Topic#1570130)
kaybear93
Expert
kaybear93

I was a crop awhile ago and noticed alot of girls using one of the Scotch ATG tape guns-so I had to have one. It just came in today...I am so excited to use it-but for those who have one where do you order your refills from?

TIA

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to kaybear93

I use a 40% off coupon at J's, A's, M's or HL. Makes it about $6.....$3 a roll.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to ScrappyMama6

• ScrappyMama6 Said:

What she said!

MrsSugarBear
Guru
MrsSugarBear
In response to ScrappyMama6

• ScrappyMama6 Said:

Ditto! Sometime's that's DH's job. He comes in with me, I hand him a package of tape and a coupon and say he's free to leave and wait in the car.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 02-02-12 01:52 PM
In response to MrsSugarBear

I try to get mine at one of our lss'. Get a bigger roll and even though it's $5 I don't have to worry about a coupon.

Expert
In response to MrsSugarBear

I also use the coupons for HL and M's--I used to order a box of twelve from a framing site, but their prices went up and it's really not worth it. Last year it was worthwhile for me even though it technically cost more, but because only M's had the refills and they almost never had them in stock, plus it was hard for me to get there--it was easier to pay a little more online. Now I have time to go get them one at a time and since HL carries them it's the best option for me.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to HuskerMom98

I buy it from a framing place online. For the acid free the current price is $4.15 a box which is about $2.07 a roll. Since I buy 24 boxes which is 48 rolls, the savings are substantial and I get it immediately.

I've used the 50% off coupons at Michaels but its $9.00 or $10.00 a box so it is still more for the acid free than the online cost and a lot more hassle to go to the store and get a coupon.

I order and then I have a supply for a while. It's wonderful!

I've also run out before I started buying them locally and not been able to get them because my Michaels was out of stock so I had to waste time going to other stores or just use something else at the crop.

Now, I'm set and I take 2 or 3 extra rolls for others who run out at crops. On more than one occasion someone has needed a fresh roll and I let them have it for the $2.00 a roll which I pay.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to Henri Jean

I order mine from a tape company, I'd have to look it up, but I buy a dozen rolls at a time about once a year. Its a lot cheaper that way. Not Scotch brand, but to me is as good and saves money. Google tape for ATG and see what you come up with.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-02-12 07:48 PM
In response to Mother Goose

Another M's/J's coupon user. I'm a SLOW scrapper so I don't go through it very quickly at all, so I don't keep more than 1 or 2 extra rolls on hand. I do always buy Scotch brand though because I'm a MAJOR fan of their adhesives and abrasives. Even took a picture of the 3M corporate sign as we were driving past it in Minneapolis last month. You know that playground taunt that goes "well why don't you marry it if you like it so much" ... yeh. I would if I could, lol

Edited by stick on 02-02-12 08:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kaybear93
Expert
kaybear93
In response to stick

thank u for the advice...google here I come

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to kaybear93

I buy online also. Get the gold tape. I love my atg.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Sunnydi

Are we allowed to post the link here, since the store here doesn't sell ATG tape? I don't think they have any products that conflict.

scoot297
Idol
scoot297
In response to Henri Jean

On a side note, if you have the pink gun does it only use the 1/4" tape? I bought a couple 1/2" gold refills and they don't seem to fit. So, I guess they are useless to me and I need to go get more 1/4"!

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to scoot297

I LOVE that HL now carries the ATG and the tape. I stock up when adhesive is 50% off.

I now have 2 ATGs - one for general tape (cards and other projects) and one for acid free (LOs).

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-03-12 08:53 AM
In response to pugs223

Henri, sb.com does carry ATG and both 1/4" and 1/2" tape.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to stick

I ordered both from Amazon but be careful, if the order isn't being fulfilled by Amazon, shipping cost can be high.

kaybear93
Expert
kaybear93
In response to SoonerT

thank you...I think I might order it from here gonna do some comparison shopping. Can you pm the link Henri Jean?

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to kaybear93

OK. So, I'm piping in on this. I have heard a lot about the ATG's and always wanted to get one, but I need a really good reason to get one. Why the ATG versus the other adhesives like the GlueRiderPro (or whatever the correct name is). Does it hold a bigger roll? I'm just curious. Trying to find a reason to get one and use my coupon. I go through adhesives like I go through water (which is a lot)

Expert
In response to scrappnmom2il

• scrappnmom2il Said:
OK. So, I'm piping in on this. I have heard a lot about the ATG's and always wanted to get one, but I need a really good reason to get one. Why the ATG versus the other adhesives like the GlueRiderPro (or whatever the correct name is). Does it hold a bigger roll? I'm just curious. Trying to find a reason to get one and use my coupon. I go through adhesives like I go through water (which is a lot)

Bigger roll, cheaper per roll (and wayyyyy cheaper per inch/yard) and a much stronger hold. If the backing paper breaks you can simply rethread the ATG...not the GGP...as I learned when DS broke one or two (he soon got his own ATG!) About the only advantage of the GGP is the ease of changing the refills, but after a couple of times the ATG is easy, just not as quick.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to HuskerMom98

Thanks Kara - I didn't know they carried it. I almost put the link on the boards, now I won't!

Both the red and pink ATG guns that most scrapbookers use takes the 1/4" tape.

The 1/2" tape goes in the larger guns that are used in frame shops. I'm sure there may be a scrapbooker somewhere that uses the larger 1/2" but it is too large for my ATG or any other that I've seen at crops. Everyone I know uses 1/4".

I'm being careful here because as soon as I say scrapbookers use 1/4" - a scrapbooker will post that thye use 1/2" - I've just never seen a scrapbooker use the ATG gun that takes the larger size.

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics