Username Post: Best way to do dates        (Topic#1570161)
cescrapper
Expert
cescrapper

I'm doing Project Life and i'm looking for the best and most creative way to show a date. I thought of getting a date stamp, or number punches. How do others do it. Looking for ideas.

Kim222
Kim222 
Mayor
Kim222
In response to cescrapper

You could use a little calendar of the month you are working on and circle or punch out or color in the day

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Kim222

I've seen date stamps in the smash book section - they actually make a date stamp that goes with the smash book stuff that would work if you want to go that route.

I love the little calendar with the punch - that would really be cute and if you did it consistently it would really give the book a nice feeling of continuity.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

I love the "Chic Tags" mini calenders and tags...I've ordered some that I plan on using to mark the dates on my pages.
You could also use a label maker and stick the date on, stamp the date on....or have one of your photos with someone from the family holding up a card with the date, or take a photo of the date in your dayplanner/calender.....
Alison

jaspernonyx
Pro
jaspernonyx

Sometimes I spell out the year, like they do on graduation and wedding announcements. Just for a little variety. I like the other tips mentioned here, too--I get tired of doing dates the same old way. One time, i even added "AD" to my date.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to jaspernonyx

I'm all about Kerri Bradford's digital cut files!! They are AWESOME!

Bug4115
Resident
Bug4115
In response to tanyaham

i actually like to use my cricut. they now have markers and i can use the fonts with any cart i have with it. then i put it back in to be cut out.

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 02-07-12 04:11 PM
In response to Bug4115

The most economical way would be a date stamp, like the Smash one. You can get it 50% off with a coupon at a big box store.

American Crafts (Dear Lizzy) is coming out with its own date stamp. They showed it at CHA. It's really cute. It has phrases in addition to dates.

I like the idea of continuity that using a date stamp could give the album.

If you were looking for another way, Simple Stories has several sticker sheets and patterned papers that have months, days of the week and numbers on them. Year.o.graphy line, of course, but I think most of their lines have date-related things. The birthday line does as well. I think the alpha stickers in that line have all the months of the year.

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to IzzyB

I had a Heidi Swapp date stamp that I used so much that it was sickening...loved that stamp, but it is no longer any good for current layouts. i think the last yr on it was 2009 or 2010.

I use the mini calendars, date stamps, sometimes I just type out the date using random letters and cut them like the tiny type stickers...the list goes on.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics