Username Post: Sizzix Embossing Folders?        (Topic#1570185)
momsbusybee
Tenant
momsbusybee

I just got my Sizzix in the mail and I was wanting to find out how other people store there embossing folders where they are easy to find and wont get messed up. As of right now I have them in a zip lock bag.

So any help would be great!!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to momsbusybee

I use a small CD wallet.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-03-12 03:14 PM
In response to aquabunny

I use a CD storage box, mine's from Ikea.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to stick

I keep mine in oneof those plastic pencil boxes.

I'm hoping to one day get them into a photo storage box with a divider that is tabbed with the name and embossed with the folder.

Dictionary
Expert
Dictionary
In response to Seaexplore

• Seaexplore Said:

Glad to know I am not the only one. Although I have segregated them into two, one everyday and one for holidays..looking for a 3rd box but haven't seen any pencil boxes like the ones I have.

BTW - These go on a shelf within reach so they are always on hand.

Edited by Dictionary on 02-10-12 10:30 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Dictionary

• Dictionary Said:
  • Seaexplore Said:

Glad to know I am not the only one. Although I have segregated them into two, one everyday and one for holidays..looking for a 3rd box but haven't seen any pencil boxes like the ones I have.

BTW - These go on a shelf within reach so they are always on hand.

If you can get cigar boxes, those would work awesome. You can alter them all cute too!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Seaexplore

i have mine in the shoe/photo box from acmoore. I also have index cards breaking them up in categories.

married05
Idol
married05
In response to evenight

I found an idea from Nilda from the Cricut messageboard that works great! The box is a sewing pattern box from J's. I wrote the names on each folder with a marker. I have them sorted by type.

anniebygaslight
New Kid On the Block
anniebygaslight
In response to married05

I use a Lock and Lock Box.

dotfree
Guru
dotfree
In response to anniebygaslight

I have mine in 3-ring binders in divided plastic protective sheets.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to dotfree

I have mine in a lock in lock box as well!!! I love lock and lock!!!! My only suggestion would to be put them away carefully. I used to store them with my bigz dies and apparently one of the dies fell down and warped one of my folders. I have stored them all together now so they can't get warped. (I have been laying that folder flat under a big book for awhile trying to get it fixed!!!)

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to binkiemonstermom

First, I label each folder with a Brother labelmaker -- black on clear. I make up sample blocks of each folder on white papers. I have a loose-leaf binder with clear page protectors. Each page protector has a dark colored full-page sheet> I insert 4 sample papers on each side of the colored sheet for a total of 8 samples to each page protector. Then I store the folders inside a clear plastic shoebox, in 2 side-by-side piles.

Diva
In response to Solitaire

I have a plastic shoe box divided with cardboard. Maybe not to fancy but it works for me, I don't have that many.

scrapchica
Guru
scrapchica
In response to bayamonesa1

PaperStudio at HL makes a "clear stamp storage binder" that is amazing for embossing folders. Holds 15-20ish.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics