Username Post: Scrap Quilt        (Topic#1570231)
Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen

Scrap Quilt By Scrapbook Queen

TFL!

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to Scrapbook Queen

Dang! How do you have time to do this with a baby at home??? I barely have time to shower!

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 02-05-12 05:09 AM
In response to Seaexplore

Great job! How big is the quilt? How big are the squares in the 9-patch and 4-square?

Is it bad that I can recognize several of the same fabrics from MY stash?????

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to Tivi

Tiffany, we are on a great shcedule, so I do it while naps and when he goes to bed at night! Also, my husband works nights so he is home during some days and I get some free time.

Tivi, you have good taste in fabric then! The blocks work out to 9" overall. So the 4 squares are 4.25 and the 9's are 2.75 (finished, I think...).

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 02-05-12 08:58 AM

Ha ha! Have you SEEN my stash???

Fabric Stash By Tivi

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to Tivi

Wow!!!! That is awesome!!! I want that much fabric and so well organized!!

leonella769
New Kid On the Block
leonella769

hey I am surprised to see that how you took so much time from your busy schedule for it. I can not spare more than 40-45 minutes. You are just awesome. Your designs are always terrific.

Aviva 
New Kid On the Block
  • Aviva on 01-29-14 01:22 PM
In response to leonella769

A long time ago I made myself a crazy looking quilt. While it was really cozy, it is too old, so recently I bought a new one. The woman who I bought it from created patchwork, which really holds great. I will take a couple photos and upload it here.

Drob
Drob 
Veteran
Drob
  • Drob on 10-04-14 07:59 PM

[image] Easy St. Mystery By Drob[/image]

Hi...I Love Scrappy quilts being a Huge fan of Bonnie Hunter for many years now....I'll try posting a pic of my latest scrap quilt..

Edited by Drob on 10-25-14 12:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Drob
Drob 
Veteran
Drob
  • Drob on 10-25-14 12:55 PM
In response to Drob

[image] 4 Patch X By Drob[/image]

Here's my version of Bonnie's 4 Patch X.....mine has pieced cornerstones & pieced borders..

chloesue12
Resident
chloesue12
In response to Drob

my sister died 4 years ago and my mom died 3 years ago, with in a year apart. my dad died 18 years ago. I would love to make a quilt out of their clothes. But have never done a quilt before. is there an easy pattern for someone that has never made a quilt before?

AZAmy
AZAmy 
Expert
AZAmy
  • AZAmy on 04-05-16 07:21 AM
In response to chloesue12

I recommend going to your local quilt store and asking their advice. Take the materials you want to work with and show them...they would be a great resource for you. You could even enroll in a class and get their guidance along the way.

I am not a quilter but my daughter is and one thing I have learned while watching her grow as a quilter is that you want to practice on something else first. Don't cut into your one of a kind fabric until you are confident the pattern, style, etc. is exactly what you want. You only get one shot and you would be heartbroken if you didn't LOVE the final product.

What a wonderful heirloom to be treasured. The perfect way to honor your family. Good luck with your quilting adventure. Please share your finished project...we would love to see it.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics