Page 2 of 2 
Username Post: Cutting Machines...        (Topic#1570267)
mykelsonnier
Tenant
mykelsonnier
In response to Momto3infinity

I'd be embarrassed to post what I've made. My pages are all kind of boring. I'm not sure if you know about it but on pinterest you can find lots of free svg files to use so no ink scape.

I found a new cricut expression nib on eBay. I question the seller what firmware it had. All he could tell me was that it was version 1. Do you know if all version 1s have the correct firmware?

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to mykelsonnier

Can you post a link to it for me and I will look? It should have the right version if it's an E(1). The seller probably doesn't want to open the box, unpack it and plug it in to have firmware pop up on the screen. I keep all our electronic boxes in case we have to move because I like them packed properly (we get transferred often). So I have my original packaging. If you post the link I'll take a look and compare.

mykelsonnier
Tenant
mykelsonnier

All its showing is a stock photo. I'll post the link, but I'm not sure if its got what you are looking for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cricut-Expression -with-YOUR-CHO...

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity

That's the one you want! Go get 'er

mykelsonnier
Tenant
mykelsonnier

awesome!!! thanks!!

mykelsonnier
Tenant
mykelsonnier

So I recontacted this person selling the expression to make sure the picture was an accurate description of what I was getting. She kindly jumped on me for using illegal software. LOL, but never told me yay or nay on a exact depiction. I think I will keep on looking.

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity

I'm sending you a pm

gypsystar62
Tenant
gypsystar62

My daughter and I love my Cricut.

mykelsonnier
Tenant
mykelsonnier
In response to gypsystar62

I ordered my new Cricut and it should be here the first of March!! Im so excited to get it. I loved my personal cutter but wish I would have bought the bigger one....and now finally Im getting it. I was going to have my hubby get it for me for my birthday, but now...hmmm....what kind of scrapping items can he get me? LOL!!

stephie
Idol
stephie

oh you will definitely love the larger cutting capabilities with the Expession. Enjoy.

mstasha
Veteran
mstasha

• Momto3infinity Said:

I was in the same boat, in terms of wishing I had bought the 12"x12". When my Create died I searched on the net and found the Expression. If you can find one, and you will, if you search online, it has the same firmware required for SCAL - I LUV SCAL! Anyhoo, just because they settled with PC, doesn't mean PC recalled all the machines they have at various stores and changed the firmware in them, SCAL2 WILL NOT work with the Expression2. But again, I LUV SCAL Keep a smile M.

I'm not great with the abbreviations around here yet (although I am catching on) what is SCAL?

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to mstasha

SCAL stands for Sure Cuts a Lot - it was a software program you could buy prior to May 2011 that would allow you to work with the Cricut without needing cartridges (well you needed one in the machine, but that was it). Provo Craft (PC) sued the makers of SCAL (Craft Edge) and in a settlement Craft Edge agreed not to sell it anymore. If you have the program it still works with the PC E1's. You can still buy the program on eBay. It allows you to cut any font you want and any .svg files amongst others. It's a fantastic program.

mstasha
Veteran
mstasha

Oh that's the program I've seen all over ebay for sale lately while I've been looking at cartridges. Gotcha. Sounds really cool. I have the original Cricut, but didn't know anything about SCAL. The ones on Ebay for sale just make me a little leary, though. Thanks for the info!

mykelsonnier
Tenant
mykelsonnier
In response to mstasha

I had the original cricut also and used SCAL, just upgraded and will be using SCAL also. Its a great program.

Page 2 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics