Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Create A Page Mini Album        (Topic#1570271)
New Kid On the Block

I've created a mini album with the "Die Cuts with a View - Lemon Flower" paper collection. It uses a unique design (described more below). Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Check out my video preview on YouTube:
Lemon Flower - Create A Page - Mini Album

The mini album is designed to use smaller paper pads like the DCWV matstacks & K&Company's matpads. Of course larger paper sizes work as well. The Create A Page album design is totally customizable, now with 10 pocket page add on designs. All the instructions are given in the tutorial available on my blog.

www.JAnnBdesigns.com

DO YOU LIKE IT?
YES
NO
You may choose one option.
Votes accepted from 02-04-12 09:27 PM to 02-04-13 09:27 PM.
View results
You are not allowed to vote in this poll.

Edited by MissJAnn on 02-04-12 10:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Resident
In response to MissJAnn

This is an awesome idea that was super great when Kathy Orta created it.

I think it is completely wrong of you to sell a tutorial and claim something as your own when it is not. To make the mini and show it off is awesome but to sell a tutorial by another person under your own name is pretty low.

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore
In response to must_love_paper

can you cite the other tutorial please?

Resident
In response to Seaexplore

http://www.paperphenomenontutorials.blogspot.com/ there is the link to the tutorials Kathy calls it the build a page

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/17482411 and this is a link to Kathy teaching it on ustream

she also has a youtube if u want me to find you that link as well

Seaexplore
Governor
Seaexplore

thank you.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Seaexplore

This Kathy design.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Wendy C

Not nice at all!! I also think it is completely wrong of you to sell a tutorial and claim something as your own when it is not. To make the mini and show it off is awesome but to sell a tutorial by another person under your own name is pretty low. Clean up on Isle New Kids!!

Homiefromcali1
New Kid On the Block
Homiefromcali1
In response to janetsantolini

I too agree with the ladies here.. It is wrong for you to take credit for something you didn't do.. Why would a company like this let you get away with that is unbelievable

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Homiefromcali1

Agreed with all!

Bug4115
Resident
Bug4115
In response to scrappnmom2il

thanks

New Kid On the Block
In response to MissJAnn

Oh my this is a real shock. You are claiming this work as yours and it is clearly not. Please give credit to Kathy at Paper Phenomenon for this design. Yes you have made a few very very slight changes but that does not make it yours. For all interested please find the original tutorial for this type of album at http://www.paperphenomenontutorials.blogspot.com.au/

VickieW
Resident
VickieW
In response to FairyFloss0

Interesting this is the OP's first post here and it is to sell something she didn't even come up with. Also interesting is, her web page with her tutorials has the same layout as Kathy's and the prices, etc are the same.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to SoonerT

I watch Kathy's tutorials and I have watched other tutorials where they have sited Kathy's work and have mentioned getting in touch with her about using her ideas, etc.... I think a quick email and edit is all that is needed to 'clean' up this video.

There really isn't any need to be so hateful.

Resident
In response to SoonerT

• SoonerT Said:
I watch Kathy's tutorials and I have watched other tutorials where they have sited Kathy's work and have mentioned getting in touch with her about using her ideas, etc.... I think a quick email and edit is all that is needed to 'clean' up this video.

There really isn't any need to be so hateful.

did you note that in the OP's website she is selling teh tutorial for the mini?

VickieW
Resident
VickieW

I don't think anyone is being hateful.

New Kid On the Block
In response to VickieW

I am surprised that this "Unique" design was originally released by Kathy last year, so if it so unique, isnt it amazing that 2 people could come up with the same design. Give me a break!!

New Kid On the Block
In response to FairyFloss0

I left her a comment on facebook, and said if I was wrong about the tutorial and album being the same, to please let me know, and she deleted my comment and was banned from her site. I was just asking if I was wrong, did not even mention any names.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to sugarlane

Is anyone else completely weirded out by the fact that several of the people who turned up to call this out have only one post, and that one of them straight-up copy-pasted the text of the original complaint?

Resident
In response to aquabunny

Contact Kathy Orta, and no the amazingness isn't that 2 people could come up with the design, the amazingness is , when my sister purchased the tutorial, after I had purchased Kathy's the only difference in the tutorial was about 5 words and the cover.

I just agree with give credit where credit is due, and in this circumstance credit is not due to the the OP.

Resident

I also find it kind of funny that the OP has not made an apperance to defend "her album" if she is so innocent. You can not tell me she hasn't been checking this

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics