Username Post: Fine tip/brush tip markers        (Topic#1570405)
New Kid On the Block

Are there any other marker brands that offer dual-tipped markers with a fine tip for journaling on one end, and a brush tip on the other end, besides Copic (ciao/sketch) and Memento? I don't really like the color choices for either, I'm on a tight scrapping budget and I'd really just like a basic color set of, say, black, blue, red, and green.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Porcupine8

I think Marvy offers some like that. If you have a Michael's nearby, they sell them in sets or individually.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to siameseplease

Yes-

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-08-12 12:20 PM
In response to Babylou

There are quite a lot of brands, actually, if you look at a 'real' art supply store. But if you're looking for something specifically for journalling as well as coloring, you definitely DON'T want Copic anyway.

Zig is a good journalling marker but as I recall the other end is a bullet, not a brush. I'm not sure about the American Crafts ones or the Martha Stewart.

Do you have a D-ick Blick or other big art supply store that you can go to and test the markers they carry? That's also a good way to see the colors.

New Kid On the Block
In response to Babylou

• Babylou Said:
Yes-

Unfortunately, neither of those has a brush tip as far as I can tell.

New Kid On the Block
In response to siameseplease

• siameseplease Said:
I think Marvy offers some like that. If you have a Michael's nearby, they sell them in sets or individually.

I will have to look again - my michaels had a variety of Zigs, Microns, and the Mementos (but only in, like, pinks and purples); I don't remember anything by Marvy but I could have missed it.

Edit: I just checked Marvy's website and it looks like Le Plume is what I want, and comes in sets with basic colors. Thanks!

Edited by Porcupine8 on 02-08-12 02:40 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

New Kid On the Block
In response to stick

• stick Said:
There are quite a lot of brands, actually, if you look at a 'real' art supply store. But if you're looking for something specifically for journalling as well as coloring, you definitely DON'T want Copic anyway.

Zig is a good journalling marker but as I recall the other end is a bullet, not a brush. I'm not sure about the American Crafts ones or the Martha Stewart.

Do you have a D-ick Blick or other big art supply store that you can go to and test the markers they carry? That's also a good way to see the colors.

Yeah, the zigs I've found are all either bullet or wide-tip on the other end. I really like a brush tip for larger lettering, somehow I can get it to do more than a regular calligraphy tip. I had some mementos in the right colors like a decade ago but have lost them.

I will try an art supply store, I don't know why I didn't think of that!

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Porcupine8

another thing you might consider is waiting a couple of weeks for Tim Holtz' Distress markers to come out. One end is a steel-tip, so it will always be small and great for journaling while the other end will be more like a brush.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics