Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Am I the only 1 that has a bunch of goodies but too lazy to get it done?        (Topic#1570423)
Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979

So I have a new camera, loads of pictures, a bunch of products, tons of scarpbook inspiration but im too lazy to put together a project. I joined some challanges, I have some ideas in my head but again Im too lazy to "get er done!" Ive got a layout ive been sitting on for over 2 weeks that I took of me and the kids on 1/16/12 when they played in the snow .... Does anyone feel my pain?
Okay, So I work Mon-Fri and I have 2 kids. By the time I get home Im beat. Then I have to play mommy. All week Im thinking about what Im going to create on Friday night and Saturday. But what happens? Nothing I get tired, (although I find time to go shopping) or Ill lay around all weekend. I plan to create on my off days, but usually Im loafing around. Sorry to ramble on and on but I know someone feels me.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-08-12 04:44 PM
In response to Mia1979

I think we all do at some point. I don't even have kids and I often have trouble finding the time and energy!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to stick

I've been this way for weeks I was blaming my messy scrap room but I think it's just me! I'm going to wait until Friday and try to get something done this weekend otherwise the 17th I've got a crop

MommaSaid
Mayor
MommaSaid
In response to stick

I know I've been in (more or less) the same boat as you for the past couple years. I'm either too tired or two sick. I have noticed that I'll scrap in spurts -- get 1 to 12 pages done as long as the mood strikes me, then let it go for a while.

It happens and it's okay. I don't doubt you'll get the urge and lock yourself away until you get it out of your system. Do you have anyone around to help/care for the kids every now and then?

trem1997
Pro
trem1997
In response to Mia1979

Same here. I will start a scrap page and not finish it and move on to start a new page. There is just not enough time in the day. If my kids are around I can forget it.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to trem1997

I have no job or kids to blame it on.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to Henri Jean

I get this way and I chalk it up to "Life is sometimes exhausting and it completely wipes out my creative brain cells". I know the scrappin' stuff will still be there when I am not so tired.

Right now I am trying to finishing preparing for a weekend long crop I am attending in March and do you think I can muster up the ambition to complete the last couple of page kits? Um, that would be a big Nope! Doing the laundry is actually more exciting to me at this point! Sad... I know... :o)

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to Shutterbugg

I've not done a single lo for several months until today. Oh, I've been busy with swaps and mini books, but one single page is done. I'm not joining any more swaps until I get 20 pages done. yeah, right!!

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to Mother Goose

I defiantly go in spurts as well. Though currently I have not done any LOs because I am waiting to set up my new scrap area (suppose to start it this week!) because I am too lazy to clean off my too small table.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Rushli

I do the same thing. I would elaborate, but that would require effort and I'm too lazy for that

Seriously, though.....I'm toast by the time I get home from work. It doesn't help that I have to keep all of my scrap stuff away. If I could just leave things out, I would probably scrap a lot more.

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to Luvmyfam

I love scrapbooking or the art of buying so much that I buy things for my 8 year old to use AND I bought her a digicam for xmas but the quality of the photos isnt that great. So I open an email from Kmart and they had a 12 mp Kodak for $39 bucks, I paid the same thing for the 9mp vivitar. All so that I could let her take pics that I can use as a layout idea lol. Help me please.

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to Mia1979

• Mia1979 Said:
So I have a new camera, loads of pictures, a bunch of products, tons of scarpbook inspiration but im too lazy to put together a project. I joined some challanges, I have some ideas in my head but again Im too lazy to "get er done!" Ive got a layout ive been sitting on for over 2 weeks that I took of me and the kids on 1/16/12 when they played in the snow .... Does anyone feel my pain?
Okay, So I work Mon-Fri and I have 2 kids. By the time I get home Im beat. Then I have to play mommy. All week Im thinking about what Im going to create on Friday night and Saturday. But what happens? Nothing I get tired, (although I find time to go shopping) or Ill lay around all weekend. I plan to create on my off days, but usually Im loafing around. Sorry to ramble on and on but I know someone feels me.

Really? I'm hoping I'm taking this wrong...

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

no you are not ive been doing more shopping and lurking than creating ....

cshortel
Guru
cshortel
In response to Mia1979

I've pretty much been in that boat since I finished the scrapbook for my parents' 50th Anniversary. I did manage to do a couple crafts for Christmas and a few cards, but I just can't get into it again. I even have all my husband's pictures of Haiti and Israel that I promised him I'd do, not to mention Disney with my granddaughter.

Maybe when I get home from the Grand Canyon in a couple weeks I'll get back into it.

pugs223
Idol
pugs223
In response to cshortel

You are definitely not the only one. My mojo goes in spurts. I have a LO I started a couple of months ago: pictures are cut, paper picked out, etc. but it's now under my big mat waiting to be finished.

I did make a lot of cards and some swap items recently, maybe that's distracting me. I definitely haven't stopped shopping either.

When I was getting a lot of LOs done, I would work a little each night after DS went to bed. I have a space I can leave my stuff set up so if I'm in the middle of a LO, I can just walk away and come back to it later. That really helps. I need to get back to creating LOs.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to pugs223

Add me to the list. My picture stack keeps growing and growing.

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas
In response to prittb

You're not alone. Recently I've gone through 2 periods of NOT wanting to scrap at all. In my gallery you can see a couple of huge gaps between times I've uploaded layouts (I usually upload right after finishing). I believe my first "slump" started when I was working alot of overtime, then the second one when I found out I was expecting again after 5 years - I was so exhausted the first trimester that I just wanted to sleep all day. I've learned to accept that "life happens" and sometimes it just takes priority over scrapping.

Anyway, I'm currently back to scrapping. What really helped me get over the hump was using sketches and looking at some blogs. There are several that are very good - they will show you a sketch then some examples. Also, I had been wanting to create an album of my Hawaiian vacation for about a year. So I went out and bought JUST vacation / tropical themed goodies and tackled all the pictures (using mostly sketches of course). Sure using sketches is not as original (just my honest opinion), but it sure helps get the mojo going again.

scoot297
Idol
scoot297

Think you're reading too much into it. Think the OP is simply saying "I don't have any "me" time". I know that's how I feel a lot of the time with a 2 year old and as a third grade teacher. Sometimes, as much as we love our kiddos, we just would love to have a day to ourselves.

scoot297
Idol
scoot297

• ColbyCheeseCat Said:
  • Mia1979 Said:

Really? I'm hoping I'm taking this wrong...

my post above was intended to quote this post, hit the wrong button!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to scoot297

Same boat and I can't seem to find my mojo!

Hadn't done a lo since last summer till the other day I finally did a lo.

I keep buying and buying but do nothing to the stuff. lol

Being a mommy is hard work and by the time we actually have a little time to ourselves it's nice just to relax even though we love to scrapbook. Everybody has their reasons for this or that.

Hope we all find our mojo soon!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics