Username Post: Which ink collection?        (Topic#1570433)
scrapsweet
Veteran
scrapsweet

So I think I've decided I want to have an entire collection of one kind/brand of stamping inks. I'm leaning towards the Distress Inks - I have 4 so far. I have also considered Stampin' Up and Close to my Heart.

If you could buy a whole collection, from your experience, which one would it be? Thanks for your feedback!

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to scrapsweet

The nice thing about CTMH or Stampin Up is that they have nice storage for them. I have alot of CTMH but I also have some Distress Inks and a Black Memento

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 02-08-12 09:02 PM

IMO, it would depend what I was doing with the inks. I agree that distress inks are probably the best for distressing/inking but I don't like them for stamping. I prefer colorbox chalk inks for stamping. And I've heard that if you are using copic markers for coloring in stamped images the mementos inks are best.
What are you planning to use them for primarily?

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to MoniL

Yeah, the distress inks arent great for 'regular' stamping, unless that's the look you're going for- but the entire collection is a must have- I gotta say!

I love the Stampin Up stamppad cases! I only have one, that I got for a dollar at a 'garage sale' at one of the LSSessesses.

I have all the Distress colors, and then just a few basic colors of Archivals- the black, red, brown. That way I can do a clean, waterproof stamping with my 'main' stamp, then add accent color/distressing/ suff with the Distress inks. They Distress really looks cool if I'm doing some kind of layered/stamping collage background-

Hmm, I'npm rambling and up way too late. Hope I made some sense.

Kory

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to designguyKORY

Definitely depends what you want them for. I have a few stamping up pads for regular stamping but I mainly use inks for distressing so over two years I collected the entire distress ink line and I love them all!

Dictionary
Expert
Dictionary
In response to MrsAnnieS

ITA - Depends on your needs/use. I have a ton of distress inks while I love them they are not my primary set that I use for stamping. I use the Tsukineko ink quite a bit and also the craft inks from StampinUp.

Edited by Dictionary on 02-09-12 07:48 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to Dictionary

I use my ink pads mainly for distressing. I have some of the Distress line but I can't remember the others brands I have. I have come to like the softer padded stamps because they are 'juicier'.

ltlemermaid
Idol
ltlemermaid
In response to SoonerT

I'm in the process of collecting all the Tim Holtz distress ink-I use them in almost every project! I also like the Tsukineko memento and brilliance ink pads for regular stamping

StarsNSparkles
Queen
StarsNSparkles
In response to ltlemermaid

I have the entire collection of distress inks and am actually working on a 2nd collection, b/c I make flowers in a secondary location. I love my distress inks and use them on every single layout I make!!

But...as others said, not that great for stamping, in which case I have most of the staz on inks!

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to StarsNSparkles

Stazon! Those are nice juicy ink pads I have, thank you, Stephanie for jogging my memory.

binkiemonstermom
Idol
binkiemonstermom
In response to SoonerT

I use SU for regular stamping. I love distressing inks for distressing. Momento for copic. Stazon for water coloring.

scrapsweet
Veteran
scrapsweet
In response to binkiemonstermom

I want to do a little distressing, some stamping and heat embossing, no copics tho. I think I like the Distress because of the unique, saturated color pallette. Interesting tho most of you said the same thing.

Keep the feedback coming, thanks for sharing!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-09-12 06:41 PM

I actually like Distress for a lot of stamping, as well as general distressing & altering. Tsukineko Brilliance (mostly for the teardrop 4-pack of metallics, gotta have golds and silvers!). And I have quite a few SEI inks, I've picked them up at Scrap Expos, they're small (1" square or so) but really juicy and colorful, and because they're small you can buy a bunch of colors and not spend too much

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to stick

I have a few Distress Inks but wouldn't use them for stamping. I have mostly clear stamps so I got CTMH inks which are specially formulated for acrylics. If I were to go with a single line that is capable of being embossed, I'd probably go with Colorbox pigments because the colours are great and the queues are economical. As stated, dfferent inks are used for different applications. I've got all the Jenni Bowlin inks because of the colours, size, and they work great with Copics. I've also got a few Stazon for watercolouring...

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 02-09-12 07:12 PM
In response to stick

i forgot to mention about the smaller ones!
since i have the most colors in chalk inks, i like to get the colorbox queues or the prima ones. and i agree about pigment inks being "juicy" enough for embossing although i also have a versamark watermark pad for when i emboss with clear or white.

fleurtyscrapper
New Kid On the Block
fleurtyscrapper

I have all the CTMH inks--they coordinate with all the papers in the CTMH line. I use Stazon when I need to watercolor an image/

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics