Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Stickers storage ideas        (Topic#1570447)
lanafe
lanafe 
Tenant
lanafe

Hello Everybody!
I am not new on this web,but this is my first posting time on the blog for this topic.

Please forgive me if I am repeating someones question,posted prior,but I was looking through the different forums and was unable to find suitable answer..

I have to confess that over the years of scrapbooking I accumulated tons of stickers,different size,shape and themes,and now I am looking for the storage solution.Plastic bags in beans,art bins and hanging folders in cabinets are too bulky and not an option for me.I do not have a separate room,just tiny spot in my office...And I am not looking for expensive stuff,like a cropper hopper stickers files...

I came up with using a shower curtain tension rod,placed under my table and used a book rings and an ID clipper from Office depot with clear file envelopes...maybe,someone has a better idea...

Thank you.

Edited by lanafe on 02-09-12 09:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to lanafe

If you have the space for it, the Clip-It-Up is pretty great, but could be considered expensive. However, it's much like the system you have with the rod and clips.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to aquabunny

My husband hung up a clothes line and made a wood frame so I could hang up my stickers.. Nothing fancy, but I think it's awesome...

Rack for Stickers By Debby_westbrook

Clothes Line By Debby_westbrook

MoniL
MoniL 
Guru
MoniL
  • MoniL on 02-09-12 08:29 AM
In response to lanafe

i started out keeping them in a 3 drawer sterilite container like this (can't remember how i had them sorted): sterilite 3 drawer organizer
it was easy to pull out the drawer i needed and take it to my scraptable to dig through.

once i outgrew that i purchased a file folder plastic box from office depot and put the stickers in it standing up: plastic file tote
i separated my sticker categories with 12x12 sheets of chipboard, since i was getting those for free from online retailers when i placed an order for paper. i like using the file box because you can stand up a 12x12 sheet of stickers in it. the taller sticker sheets will stick out of the top so you won't be able to use the lid on it. i'm now at the point that i have two of these boxes, one for alpha (sorted by color) and label stickers and another for designs, etc. the one with various stickers is sorted by type; paper, chipboard, felt, etc.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to MoniL

That's true, in addition to the Clip-It-Up, I keep my four basic recurring themes of stickers in plastic drawers (travel, food, Christmas, and rabbits), and all my baseball stickers hang on a small spinning rack with all my other baseball embellishments.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to MoniL

I love that plastic file tote! The price is really good too!!! Thanks for sharing!!! While I love the system my Husband set up for me, I love that file tote too!!!

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to debby_westbrook

I just changed mine to the Cropper Hopper - Projections - Sticker Stadium Storage system. I love it, but had to get two for all my stickers.

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to momtokatie

Scraproom By Armygirl

This is how I store my stickers.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to armygirl

I store mine in page protectors in 3-ring binders, all from WM. I keep them on the bookshelf by topic and it works really well for me... I love paging through and seeing the different choices I've got - and finding new "old" supplies!

lanafe
lanafe 
Tenant
lanafe
In response to armygirl

Thank you so much,everybody!
Great ideas!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to lanafe

Thanks for the photo Silvia - great storage for stickers!

MyRv4me
Resident
MyRv4me
In response to meezerpleaser

• meezerpleaser Said:
I store mine in page protectors in 3-ring binders, all from WM. I keep them on the bookshelf by topic and it works really well for me... I love paging through and seeing the different choices I've got - and finding new "old" supplies!

This is exactly what I do. It works great for me. The protector pages come with different size pockets from baseball card size to full page size, so you can accommodate many different size stickers.
I too, love to flip thru the pages to see what I can use.

lanafe
lanafe 
Tenant
lanafe
In response to MyRv4me

I've got so many stickers,we are talking about six 12x12x6 art bin boxes ,so getting plastic drawers is not an option.I tried them,but had to have about 5-6 of the carts,which are too bulky and take too much space...

I think ,i am going to stick with shower curtain rod,book rings and ID clippers,attached to plastic document files...

Those stickers were accumulated over 10 years of scrapbooking,some of them were a gift from other scrapbookers who switched to digital or just decided to get rid of extra stuff...

Thank you everybody for your ideas...

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper
In response to lanafe

I store my stickers in a filing cabinet. I sorted them by theme, and I have a pocket file folder for each theme. That way, if I am doing snow pictures, I can pull out the snow folder, etc.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Castle Scrapper

• Castle Scrapper Said:
I store my stickers in a filing cabinet. I sorted them by theme, and I have a pocket file folder for each theme. That way, if I am doing snow pictures, I can pull out the snow folder, etc.

Sounds like my system except mine are in separate plastic boxes - the 12 x 12 size.

papermouse
Veteran
papermouse
In response to prittb

I've tried it all - makeshift clip it up (which was great until I had to put things away, and had to clip everything back up), then there were the binders with sheet protectors, which drove me nuts flipping through the pages because the sticker sheets would slide around inside the sheet protectors, and often slip out (also, what about the many sticker sheets that are taller than 11"? they stuck out the top and drove me crazy), then there were the drawers that I had to sift through, and the file box that also drove me crazy because all the sticker sheets are different sizes and the smaller ones get lost in the bottoms of the hanging folders. I noticed that almost all my sticker sheets are 6" wide or less, and at most 15" tall, so I got two 10" by 15" flat bottomed baskets and I've got all my stickers in them sideways with cardboard dividers:

New Sticker Storage - Alphas By Papermouse

This has been working fantastically, and it's so easy to both find things and put them away again. You can store a surprising amount of stickers in a pretty small footprint, so if you've got the flat surface to spare, I highly recommend this system!! The ONLY thing about it I don't like is the storage of 12" x 12" sticker sheets, but those are typically part of a whole line that I keep all together anyways, so it's not that big of a deal...

PS - I paid $8 each for those baskets on sale at Michaels, and the chipboard was in my stash...probably the cheapest storage solution I've used (and liked) so far!

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to papermouse

Papermouse,,,those are very nice baskets,,,and the price you paid is a great deal. Your stickers look so nice and organized,,I love it.

wilbur
wilbur 
Expert
wilbur
In response to armygirl

Papermouse, I like your storage idea. Your baskets are really a nice find. Thanks for sharing!

I used to have my stickers in several binders, in the page pockets and that was great at first but not handy to "put everything away" after use. I have switched to 12 x 12 iris cases, by theme, storing stickers with the themed paper. Works well for me. So easy to sort through and put stuff back.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to wilbur

Great system Papermouse!

timon
timon 
Veteran
timon
  • timon on 02-11-12 06:57 PM
In response to Henri Jean

i have them stored by theme in different drawers of my jetmax cubes