Page 1 of 3 
Username Post: Scrapbook Disney Vacation Questions        (Topic#1570475)
Crystal is Leahs Mom
Idol
Crystal is Leahs Mom

I had to reschedule my Disney trip from November to March and now my trip is less than a month away. My daughter is 4 and she is all about the Disney Princesses, Alice in Wonderland, Pixar Movies, Pooh and Friends and Mickey Mouse Club House. I've been collecting scrapbook items for this day since she was born, But I really started collecting the Disney jolee's stickers this year. My questions are:

Have you made a Disney Autograph book? Did you use it on your trip?

Is the Autograph book worth the time or should I buy the regular one and embellish it when we get home?

Do you make pre-planned Disney Layouts or do you wait until you have all of your pictures printed after your trip?

I have a circuit and a gypsy but I do not have any Disney carts.

Thank you for your time; I'm all ears!!!!

Products Referenced in This Post:

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Crystal is Leahs Mom

I have made two Disney albums. Let me just warn you now, THERE IS A SCRAPBOOKING STORE IN DOWNTOWN DISNEY!!!!!!! And it is dangerous. I too collected quite a few embellishments and also bought a scrapbook at home. And then I went to DOwntown Disney and bought the scrapbook album, papers, embellishments, etc. We were at Disney for 10 days each time and out of 9 evenings, most of them were spent at the scrapbooking store (it is very addicting). Anyway, I did not do layouts ahead of time. I bought the autograph books there and didn't embellish those. I put those in a box for my kids, but I did make copies of them and put the copies in my album. They have so many cool things. I have a friend who is going in March as well and she did make an autograph book using the embellishments that she bought here and that I gave her. Along with the autograph, she will be putting her daughter's and characters pictures on the pages. It's upto you what you want to do. But I warn you again, THERE IS AN AWESOME SCRAPBOOKING STORE IN DOWNTOWN DISNEY! Have fun. It is a trip of a lifetime and your little one will have such fond memories of it. And the scrapbook will be a lot of fun to make.

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to scrappnmom2il

Is the scrap book store in downtown Disney fairly new? I remember there was a store that had a small scrapbook section but most of it was stuff available at M's.
Are we talking FL or CA?

CorrieW
Guru
CorrieW
In response to crazycricut

I was there in February and I think the scrapbook store is closed. THey had a small store but the stuff they had was the same at the gift shops and there was a very small selection. I was really dissapointed

charK
charK 
Mayor
charK
  • charK on 02-09-12 08:39 PM
In response to CorrieW

Check out the gallery...disney is on there. I did a book......but I do digi.

Get the autograph book at Disney and copy the siggies for your book.

950nancy
Diva
950nancy
In response to charK

We've been to 3 Disneys and I have done a book for each one. I actually do 2 for each one since I have 2 boys. About half to a third of the book uses Disney papers. I try to use many different papers for books that are about 40-50 pages each. Since all 3 Disney properties (World, Land, Euro) have such similar rides I probably created half the pages before we even got on the plane. I always buy a pic from one or two of the rides. They are expensive, but so worth it. You might want to create some of the pages without mats already on the page so you can turn the pics any way you want. I also buy a bunch of wallet sized photos for the pages so I can get more pics to remember on each page. Have great time!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to 950nancy

I haven't made an autograph book, but we have purchased them at Disney when our kids were younger. They are so plain, and there really isn't room to embellish. If I had to do it over, I think I would make one ahead of time. But.....leave plenty of room for each character to sign. Some characters struggle with the pens and small spaces to sign.

I have made a few pages ahead of time, but prefer to print the pics and scrap after. We've only gone to Disneyland, and the main store in Downtown Disney has a small scrap section. I like to buy stuff from there because many of their items are sold only at the store, and not online.

love4scrappin85
Guru
love4scrappin85
In response to Luvmyfam

the orlando location scrapbook store is closed, or at least it wasn't there in 2009 lol

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to love4scrappin85

Also, when we were there in May/June 2011- they were doing some remodeling, adding new stuff, and much to our disappointment, the area where the meet the princess and fairies deal was, was gone. ( we took my oldest granddaughter the yr before and this was a big highlight, as she got to meet and have pics with each princess) For some strange reason, they had moved them to Epcot, which we did not visit, so my trip to Disney so all 3 of my granddaughters could meet a princess, didn't happen. We did know this before we went, so it wasn't a surprise, but still, 3 girls under 5, who just love all the Disney princess stuff, grandma spent 6 thousand dollars and the only princess they saw was in the stage show by the castle.
My point to this long story! Was to check the website and see if they are done and meet the princess deal was up and running yet. Just an FYI.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to ChansGram

Oh, and I am talking about the Florida one.

Crystal is Leahs Mom
Idol
Crystal is Leahs Mom
In response to ChansGram

Wow, Thank you so much. Hmm a scrapbook store, I guess that can be good and bad if its still opened or closed. If it's open I just have to behave myself. I'm going to Disney World FL, I do remember the characters having a difficult time writing on the autograph books, I'm still thinking about that. Ok, so I'll just scrap when I come back home.

I have a smash book and the fancy pants brag book. Maybe they can help me out during my travel and down time of my trip. Hmmm, just so many options, Thank you so much again.

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to Crystal is Leahs Mom

The Ariels grotto section in Magic Kingdom is closed and they are adding a whole princess area in there, so everything is ripped apart and things aren't going to be done until i think later this yr. You can meet the Princesses in every park though...so I don't know why you were told only Epcot.

We don't make the autograph books, I just buy them. They are $11.95 or something like that, and so worth it. There are blank pages on one side and then a photo insert thing on the other. My daughter easily fills up at least 3 of them on each visit. She always makes it a goal to get a new autograph on each visit...someone she has never gotten before. We never go for less than 10 - 11 days though, so it is a little easier to track characters down. We are DVC members and also have a third home right on Cocoa Beach so we visit WDW often.

The scrapbook store in downtown disney is closed now. They have a few things in a couple of stores but nothing major.

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
I haven't made an autograph book, but we have purchased them at Disney when our kids were younger. They are so plain, and there really isn't room to embellish. If I had to do it over, I think I would make one ahead of time. But.....leave plenty of room for each character to sign. Some characters struggle with the pens and small spaces to sign.

I have made a few pages ahead of time, but prefer to print the pics and scrap after. We've only gone to Disneyland, and the main store in Downtown Disney has a small scrap section. I like to buy stuff from there because many of their items are sold only at the store, and not online.

I'm not sure when the last time was that you were there but they are so different now. They have shaker box style covers and not just plain white pages. On one side you have the character sign, on the other you insert a photo in the sleeve. Each page has a design print on it too.

kirasmommy
Guru
kirasmommy
In response to Diva Scraps

I have made my own autograph books for two trips to Disney World that we have taken. I used sketch books (found mine at Barnes and Noble) so the pages would be blank with no lines on them and they were good sized spaces for the characters to sign. We made sure to turn the pages for the characters so that there was space for a picture of the kids with the character after their autograph.

I decorated the fronts and then mod podged the heck out of the front and back so that the covers wouldn't get beat up going in and out of our bag between characters. I need to take some pictures as they don't seem to be in my gallery.

I liked making my own since the ones sold at the parks didn't have as many pages as I would need and I didn't want to have three or four books per child to get home. I have scanned the autographs when I want to use them on a layout.

My kids totally love having their autograph books with their pictures in it.

Resident
In response to kirasmommy

The Downtown Disney scrapbook store IS OPEN in Disney World. It's next to Rain Forest Cafe. Once you get off the bus that drops you at DTD it's on the right-across from the Christmas Store. They don't have a lot of scrapbook stuff but some. It was a whole store but now it's shared with making a t-shirt sponsored by Hanes I think.

Autograph book: I didn't make one or buy the Disney version. I took white cardstock cut 6x6 then had the characters sign with a perm. marker. this way I got to "cut out" the signature and place it in an album later. Lighter to carry with me around the parks. Also like as mentioned-the characters have a hard time gripping the pen depending on the costume.

Yes, the back part of Fantasyland is being remodeled. You might be better off getting princesses autographs at one of the character meals-breakfast being the cheapest. Also, off season visitors might not see many characters-saves Disney $$. Usually after mid-Feb. its peak season so more visitors means more money for the mouse.

There is a scrapbook store all Disney called Mouse memories close to Disney. That may help you more on getting products...probably cheaper!

Enjoy your trip to Disney and especially seeing it through your 4 yr. olds eyes. :-)

cshortel
Guru
cshortel
In response to SunshineScrapper1

Check the Disney website. All the characters come out at appointed times and places (same place all the time).

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to cshortel

Last time we were there the scrapbook store in downtown Disney was closed. I never really checked back on it because I was never too happy with what they had there anyhow. Mouse Memories is a pretty good place if you are able to go outside of WDW...they don't update very often though. I think it may just be the case of I visit too often, though.

Resident
In response to Diva Scraps

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/downtown -...

This is now the scrapbooking store. It's shared with the t-shirts. Not much in there but there is a wall of albums, punches, kits...also, some at World of Disney about the middle section next to the stuffed characters as well. I was just there last month-Jan. 2012... HTH

Seeing the princesses at a Character meal would be more personal and better chance in getting all the autographs since each one comes to your table during your meal. A 4 yr. old would love it.
Also, if it rains trying to get autographs you've got it done inside. :-)

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper

I've never really been impressed with Disney's selection of scrapbooking items. They haven't really evolved with scrapbooking trends. I think you can find much cuter stuff here or at HL/M's. Probably why their scrapbook store is now a create-a-tshirt store. I had found in the past that the Main Street Emporium in Magic Kingdom had a better selection of scrapbooking than the scrapbook store.

I have a shelf full of Disney scrapbook albums, and about 5 trips that still need to be scrapped! I've never planned out pages ahead of time, but I think it could be a good idea to get some ideas of what kind of pages you want to do so you can plan the right photos.

I've never made an autograph book, but I've seen some handmade ones that are adorable. But you could embellish one when you get home. I scanned some autographs and added them to my scrapbook pages.

Veteran

I talked my daughter into not doing the autograph thing since I knew I would end up carrying it. I don't think I will get away with that this year. I will probably just buy one there, so no help on that.

I searched the gallery here for ideas. There are some GREAT layouts and many of them were not themed. I do not do well with pre-made layouts, so I just worked on my pages when I got back. I have found items at J's, M's, HL and some while I was at Disney.

Hope that helps and have a great time!

Page 1 of 3 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics