Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Woohoo! HD Motorcycle Scrapbooking-OK I AM a Harley Babe!        (Topic#1570519)
CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

I have to tell you that I was a little confused and disappointed that there is not that much motorcycle scrapbooking papers and embellies and frankly some of it that is out there, I'm not crazy about. Karen Foster once had a kit that is pretty good, but there is not that much of it and it's not that easy to find.

I mean, really, you can find paper on crafting beer and wineries but not that much on HD? Seriously, where you see a motorcycle you will find a camera and likely a video camera. We have over 40,000 miles logged and photos to go with it! Keep in mind here, I am talking about street bikes, not motorcross which is a sport and so that eliminates some of the available biker items.

So, I think that in the long run this dilemma is forcing me to be MORE CREATIVE. Here the the list of possibilities that I have discovered on-line. See what you think and PLEASE all of you talented folks feel free to make suggestions!

I was prompted today because there is something in NEW PRODUCTS just posted that is a must have:
Sugartree Metal Plate

My Wish List/Scrapbooking Idea List-Motorcycles:
Sons of Anarchy (the TV show), Coffee Stain Stamp/spills, paint spatter, Skulls. Animal prints, Patriotic/Veterans, Patches, Route 66, Grunge, Steampunk, Metal, Leather / fringe, Gears, Wrenches, Wheels, Flames, Bandana, Chrome

So some Halloween stuff works but not all and some steampunk stuff works but not all and GRUNDGEBOARD!

And Kory, if you read this, please post on your blog any appropriate items you find at Home Depot! LOL! Nothing too heavy please!

I have selected products below that I have in my wish list, what do you think so far?
Products Referenced in This Post:

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to CrimsonMama

I think I have that HD paper you are talking about. We don't ride but husband really likes Harleys so we take pictures of the signs in the various towns we go to and I have a layout in my gallery using that paper or at least using HD paper.

On the subject of theme paper, there are others that I wish were available, more adult minded perhaps, my husband and I have no children and for so long it seemed like much of the paper, kits, stickers, etc....were directed toward kid theme layouts. I am starting to notice that much of the paper being put out has a more 'grown up' feel, at least in my opinion.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to SoonerT

I have a bunch of motorcycle charms. Do you need any?

3MiniSchnauzers
Idol
3MiniSchnauzers
In response to theellenbee

There's HD paper and embellies on amazon. HTH

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to SoonerT

Yep, you get it. I don't want it to be "juvenile" for lack of a better word. And, it's not like we are in hell's angels! LOL. Our friends are mostly military veterans. A lot of HOG groups are.

We love to watch the show Sons of Anarchy but we are NOT like that! Still I want it to be masculine.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

That sounds cool, where did you get those?

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee

I got them on ebay but I'd be happy to send you a couple. PM me with your address and as a way of saying thank you could, if you care to :-), stop by my blog and say hi!!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to 3MiniSchnauzers

I saw that! And it's pretty nice too, but there is an EK 10 page paper pack, 5 designs, 2 each (no embellies I can tell) and it is $35! I thought it was a little pricey and not a "I have to have it", if you know what I mean. $35 will get a lot of paper if you are careful. Maybe I will run across that kit somewhere else.

Some of the Jolee's stickers are $8.99 to $12.99. I realize that this is Harley Davidson trademark brand but come on, get real.

And there is a HD denim scrapbook for only $89.99. Uh Huh!

Edited by CrimsonMama on 02-10-12 07:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

Oh my gosh that is so sweet! I will do that. You rock! I just can't get over how nice that is.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT

There is a piece or two of denim paper in the EK Success HD kit (which means I didn't have the Karen Foster kit, need to see if I can find it).

I also found some 3D HD pieces by Jolee.

Edited by SoonerT on 02-10-12 07:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity

Hi CrimsonMama,

I'm a rider, have a custom street bobber and a BMW F8. Agreed, there's not much out there for embellies. If you find an .svg you like, pm and I'll cut if for you and send it to you.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Momto3infinity

Hey Crimson!

If I go past Home Depot on my way to Tuesday Morning, I'ma run in and see if I can come up with something!

And speaking of Grungeboard packs- I think it's the Icons of something set- that has skulls and wings and stuff! Check it out! They would look really cool with some bronze or chrome embossing powder, and distressed a bit after that!

-Kory

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to designguyKORY

Kory! This sounds like an awesome idea! I knew you would come up with something add to my concept list. Thank you!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to Momto3infinity

Wow, you are so kind, thanks so much I will keep that in mind as I am shopping and surfing!

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

No suggestion for supplies (have you checked e-Bay?), but thought you might get a kick out of this layout of my mom (age 87 at the time of the photo) on my brother's bike. I commented that I thought he said she was "raising a hog" but found he said she was "racing a hog"!

Granny Gone Wild By Dwelch

Edited by dwelch on 02-11-12 07:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SoonerT
Governor
SoonerT
In response to dwelch

D, that is a great layout, left you some love.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to dwelch

Wow! You know what is funny? I actually saw that paper at J's yesterday! It's on my list! So funny you picked it too.

Also, my 85 year old mom LOVES motorcycles. She would love to ride on one if she was able! I guess that is one thing I did get from her, even if I didn't get her blonde hair!

Very cute LO, thanks for showing me.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee

Second chance offer - sitting here with a couple of charms in an envelope but have no adress to send them to. Guess you didn't want to visit my blog and/or want my charms. That's okay - not insulted. :-)

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama

LOL! I already did visit your blog, and in fact already had when I saw you mention your blog about "Mike" a few days ago!

I sent you a friend request with my address? Did you not get it?

PS, I am jealous of that drawer of stamps you are hiding.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch

OMG! My mom is now back in Arizona - she's now 89 and my brother just took her on her first hot air balloon ride! Same one who's on the cycle in the LO above.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics