Welcome Paper Sisters Circle to a new and beautiful month and another AWESOME Swap together!!!
Before I start with the specifics I would like you all to welcome Val "izzy0611" and "Cheena"to the Circle. They are awesome scrappers and even more awesome ladies...so give them a HUGE welcome!!!
So now to officially kick off our new swap for the month of March...
"Scrappy Beautiful Banners"
These are going to be a BLAST to create!!
Here are the specifics:
***Due Date: APRIL 15, 2012***
** We will be making 1 Banner piece for every person in the Paper Sisters Circle...There should be 10 participants in this spot unless someone has to decline to participate, and then we will let you all know as we go!**
1. Each person in the group will choose the colors that they would like their banner piece to be. We will then let everyone know our color choices. This is the important part in order to have it be individualized for each Sister.
2. Each banner piece must be cut out of chipboard.
3. Cut any shape banner piece of your choosing at 7" so that they all will be about the same size when strung together. We want to be able to see our banners when we walk into our scrap rooms!We will then make two holes to the banner piece. One on each top corner. If it is a shape like a diamond, then it would simply be one in the center! The less holes the better!! This is so we can attach it to the actual strand that will hold the banner together
4. Cover your banner piece in any way you choose, Paint, Fabric, Patterned Paper, Cardstock. Remember to cover both sides and embellish both sides as well, as our banners may turn or flip as they hang and we want our banners to look spectacular!! Use your imagination and have FUN doing these!!!
5. Embellish any way that you'd like! Add a word letter, a poem, quote, or just leave it simple and the recipient can add what they'd like to those. But there must be at least 4 embellishment techniques. ie inking, flowers, lace, ribbon, charms, brads etc...
6. The most important thing to remember about this swap is to have FUN!!! Be creative, and express YOURSELF!!!!
If you have any questions along the way...please ask.
After you have completed your banner pieces you will individually bag each banner piece with the swap name, your Sisters Name, your username, your real name, and then put them in an appropriate sized envelope and send my way! You will need to include return postage in the same amount that you spent to send. I will cover anything over or under. I will see that they all get distributed and sent to the each Sister.
Color Choices For Each Of Us
1. NaneeTootieBeebleBug-Blac k & White & Pink with either flourishes, swirls or polka dots. I want an ice cream shop, shabby chic theme!!!
2. Cassondra71-Yellow and White.....with daisies and dragonflies
3. debby_westbrook-Yellow, Green and Blue all together!!! Total Summer theme for me!!!
4. Silver26AK-black, hot pink, light pink, mint green. Theme/style: grunge, punk rock princess, guitars, skulls,etc. I also wouldn't mind a shamrock or 2(in any of the colors, not just mint)
6. ScrapbookSusie-Purple & Green
7. Charcats7-Dark Purple w/touches of greens & yellows with cats. I don't mind lavender in it- but the predominant color is Purple please.
8. ScrappinLilly-Cornflower blue is gonna be the main color cuz that is the color of my walls and I have birdhouses and sunflowers! Lilly is going to include a picture for us of her kitchen where the banner will hang!
9. Vani-colors are black with aqua , pink, lime green and white accents. Theme "Hello Kitty"
10. izzy0611-lavender with primary accent color of black, and secondary accents of white. Butterflies will definately be welcomed!!
11. Cheena-B&W with touches of pink (but not too much pink) I would like primarily b&w please. As far as theme/style goes I am with Erin. I like the whole grunge look/ punk rock princess. Love me some skulls too! Now it's time for me to check out everyone else's request!
As I get each of your colors and themes...I will add you until we are all added.
Let's make this swap the BEST yet!!! Have fun and let your Creative animal loose!!!
*****When your banner pieces are complete feel free to send them to me...You don't have to wait for us slow poke last minute Girls if you are ahead of the game like Debby!