Page 1 of 37 
Username Post: SWAP COMPLETE! NO LONGER NEEDED-PLEASE DELETE!!        (Topic#1570543)
Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 02-11-12 04:42 PM

Welcome Paper Sisters Circle to a new and beautiful month and another AWESOME Swap together!!!

Before I start with the specifics I would like you all to welcome Val "izzy0611" and "Cheena"to the Circle. They are awesome scrappers and even more awesome ladies...so give them a HUGE welcome!!!

So now to officially kick off our new swap for the month of March...

"Scrappy Beautiful Banners"

These are going to be a BLAST to create!!

Here are the specifics:

***Due Date: APRIL 15, 2012***

** We will be making 1 Banner piece for every person in the Paper Sisters Circle...There should be 10 participants in this spot unless someone has to decline to participate, and then we will let you all know as we go!**

1. Each person in the group will choose the colors that they would like their banner piece to be. We will then let everyone know our color choices. This is the important part in order to have it be individualized for each Sister.

2. Each banner piece must be cut out of chipboard.

3. Cut any shape banner piece of your choosing at 7" so that they all will be about the same size when strung together. We want to be able to see our banners when we walk into our scrap rooms!We will then make two holes to the banner piece. One on each top corner. If it is a shape like a diamond, then it would simply be one in the center! The less holes the better!! This is so we can attach it to the actual strand that will hold the banner together

4. Cover your banner piece in any way you choose, Paint, Fabric, Patterned Paper, Cardstock. Remember to cover both sides and embellish both sides as well, as our banners may turn or flip as they hang and we want our banners to look spectacular!! Use your imagination and have FUN doing these!!!

5. Embellish any way that you'd like! Add a word letter, a poem, quote, or just leave it simple and the recipient can add what they'd like to those. But there must be at least 4 embellishment techniques. ie inking, flowers, lace, ribbon, charms, brads etc...

6. The most important thing to remember about this swap is to have FUN!!! Be creative, and express YOURSELF!!!!

If you have any questions along the way...please ask.

After you have completed your banner pieces you will individually bag each banner piece with the swap name, your Sisters Name, your username, your real name, and then put them in an appropriate sized envelope and send my way! You will need to include return postage in the same amount that you spent to send. I will cover anything over or under. I will see that they all get distributed and sent to the each Sister.

Participants

NaneeTootieBeebleBug
Cassondra71
debby_westbrook
Silver26AK
Scrapbooksusie
Charcats7
ScrappinLilly
Vani
izzy0611
Cheena

Color Choices For Each Of Us

1. NaneeTootieBeebleBug-Blac k & White & Pink with either flourishes, swirls or polka dots. I want an ice cream shop, shabby chic theme!!!

2. Cassondra71-Yellow and White.....with daisies and dragonflies

3. debby_westbrook-Yellow, Green and Blue all together!!! Total Summer theme for me!!!

4. Silver26AK-black, hot pink, light pink, mint green. Theme/style: grunge, punk rock princess, guitars, skulls,etc. I also wouldn't mind a shamrock or 2(in any of the colors, not just mint)

5. StopnStare07-

6. ScrapbookSusie-Purple & Green

7. Charcats7-Dark Purple w/touches of greens & yellows with cats. I don't mind lavender in it- but the predominant color is Purple please.

8. ScrappinLilly-Cornflower blue is gonna be the main color cuz that is the color of my walls and I have birdhouses and sunflowers! Lilly is going to include a picture for us of her kitchen where the banner will hang!

9. Vani-colors are black with aqua , pink, lime green and white accents. Theme "Hello Kitty"

10. izzy0611-lavender with primary accent color of black, and secondary accents of white. Butterflies will definately be welcomed!!

11. Cheena-B&W with touches of pink (but not too much pink) I would like primarily b&w please. As far as theme/style goes I am with Erin. I like the whole grunge look/ punk rock princess. Love me some skulls too! Now it's time for me to check out everyone else's request!

As I get each of your colors and themes...I will add you until we are all added.

Let's make this swap the BEST yet!!! Have fun and let your Creative animal loose!!!

*****When your banner pieces are complete feel free to send them to me...You don't have to wait for us slow poke last minute Girls if you are ahead of the game like Debby!

Received:

NaneeTootieBeebleBug
Cassondra71
debby_westbrook
Silver26AK
Scrapbooksusie
Charcats7
ScrappinLilly
Vani
izzy0611
Cheena

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to NaneeTootieBeebleBug

I'm so excited

This is going to be so much fun!!! I LOVE BANNERS!!!!

Welcome Val/izzy0611- I'm so happy to see your talented self!!!!

charcats7
Governor
charcats7
In response to debby_westbrook

Welcome Izzy

I've attempted to make a Thanksgiving banner, but never finished it- so this will make me actually get a banner together.

Okay- my colors are Dark Purple w/touches of greens & yellows with cats. I don't mind lavender in it- but the predominant color is Purple please.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 02-11-12 06:02 PM
In response to charcats7

Gotcha Char!! I will add your color choices now!

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

Drumroll please...............my colors are......................Purple & Green!!!!! Love them together, I am so excited!!! I may break out my deep cut blade for the cricut and see if I can cut my banner pieces with that! I've been skeered so far to try it out...any tips or tricks?

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 02-11-12 09:06 PM
In response to scrapbooksusie

OOOwwww The deep cut blade huh??? You might have something there...I should try that too...then we can make any shape we want!!! Once again excellent minds think alike!!! Adding your colors NOW!!

Then back to those accordion albums for me :/

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

I just watched some videos a friend sent me and she found this type of mini called "stack the deck" - ever heard of it?? Maybe for one of our future projects we could be paired with someone and go all out on making one of them...Just a thought!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z_6pe2ZhDI

Too cool!!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 02-11-12 10:55 PM

I had never heard of it before...but thank you so much for sharing!!! This sounds like a fantastic idea for a future swap treasure! I will favorite on YouTube and you do the same and when it comes time to think of the next swap...we can share this one!!! Way to think ahead...I like that!!!

This is one of the reasons this circle of ladies is so special!!!

It is way cool!!!

Now go tie yourself to your craft chair and do your accordion albums...that's an order!!!

izzyw0611
Idol
izzyw0611

YAY!! I'm SO stinkin' excited to join you ladies! I am indeed among some amazing talent!! Thank you for both the invite and the warm welcome!

Looks like I joined at the perfect time! I LOVE BANNERS!! And I've wanted to make one for quite awhile now. Right now I'm in the middle of redoing my scrap room, so this will be an awesome addition and it can be in my new colors!

The colors I would like on my banner is lavender with primary accent color of black, and secondary accents of white. Butterflies will definately be welcomed!!

Again, thank you ladies for the invite into this amazingly talented group!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 02-11-12 11:57 PM
In response to izzyw0611

Welcome Beautiful Val...We are so excited to have you joining us!!! I too am redecorating an extra room and making it my scrappy room!!! I can't wait to see the finished result!!

I am more than happy to add your color and theme above. Please know if you have any questions you know how to get a hold of me!!! Or you can always post here...because often when someone has a question someone else had the same question and just didn't ask!!

I too LOVE BANNERS and can't wait to get started!!!!

So happy to have you...I think I'll dance...

"HAPPY DANCE" TIME LADIES...

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! !

Edited by NaneeTootieBeebleBug on 02-11-12 11:58 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

vani
vani 
Pro
vani
  • vani on 02-12-12 04:30 AM

I'm here I'm here ! Oh wow i missed one day and you ladies have made a new thread already lol !

Okay so my theme in my scraproom is Hello Kitty ! I've been obsessed since I was a kid . And the colors are black with aqua , pink and white accents .

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to vani

Soon as my chipboard is delivered, I can start these

I love all the different colors and themes!!!

scrappinlilly
Idol
scrappinlilly
In response to debby_westbrook

I'm here I just gotta think on my colors, right now I scrap in my kitchen (well actually its the dining room part my kitchen and dining room is one room) and I get a corner of it so I am not sure if I want to do the colors of my kitchen or have it be for when we do finally get a bigger house and I get a scraproom (that is a proriety in the next house) my youngest daughter has offered me to have her room for over a year and said she would move in her sister's room but my oldest is not having it and I don't blame her she is 15 and wants her own spaceand I will not take that from her so I make do with what I have

I will get back to you on the colors

scrappinlilly
Idol
scrappinlilly
In response to scrappinlilly

I found this link when I was looking at chipboard it is a free template for banners, I don't think I am gonna use it I am planning on using my cricut but thought I post it here incase it would help anyone
http://www.scrapbook.com/articles/doc/36111/35 9.html

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie

Welcome Val!!! You will love this group!!!

Cassondra71
Guru
Cassondra71

WOW!! I got bed early and miss all the FUN!!!
I am here and soooo excited about banners!!!
Wooooo HOOOOO!!!!

I have never done them before so I will probably have a zillion questions...LOL

do you put grommets or ribbons or something on the corners so they can be tied to the other pieces???

WELCOME Val!!!! so glad you joined us!!!!

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Cassondra71

I believe it should be 3 holes at the top to thread the ribbon through? I'm not real sure either!! Gonna have to go looking...

Edited by debby_westbrook on 02-12-12 09:06 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 02-12-12 10:14 AM
In response to vani

• vani Said:
I'm here I'm here ! Oh wow i missed one day and you ladies have made a new thread already lol !

Okay so my theme in my scraproom is Hello Kitty ! I've been obsessed since I was a kid . And the colors are black with aqua , pink and white accents .

So glad you found us Vani!!! Woooo Hoooo I am so EXCITED about this swap!!! I LOVE "Hello Kitty" and can't wait to make your banner. Going to add you NOW!! Hope you are having a fantastic weekend!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 02-12-12 10:18 AM

• scrappinlilly Said:
I'm here I just gotta think on my colors, right now I scrap in my kitchen (well actually its the dining room part my kitchen and dining room is one room) and I get a corner of it so I am not sure if I want to do the colors of my kitchen or have it be for when we do finally get a bigger house and I get a scraproom (that is a proriety in the next house) my youngest daughter has offered me to have her room for over a year and said she would move in her sister's room but my oldest is not having it and I don't blame her she is 15 and wants her own spaceand I will not take that from her so I make do with what I have

I will get back to you on the colors

So glad you found us Lilly!!! I had a little spot in my living room area and in my bedroom until recently too so I know what you mean! As soon as you know what colors you want your banner to be...and maybe a theme...let me know and I can add you!!! Have a fantastic Scrappy Sunday!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 02-12-12 10:25 AM

Good Morning Beautiful Ladies....

That is a great question about the holes at the top!!! I will add that to the specifics.

We will add two holes to the banner piece. One on each top corner. If it is a shape like a diamond, then it would simply be one in the center! The less holes the better!! I just updated the instructions so that we can refer back if necessary!!

I am so happy to see that we are getting this kick started and can't wait to actually create these banner pieces!!!

Page 1 of 37 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics