Page 1 of 37 
Username Post: CLOSE PLEASE        (Topic#1570601)
i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping

DUE DATE: May 2 - must be mailed to your partner no later than this date

I was looking through handmade flower tutorials on YouTube and somehow got distracted and came across these tutorials on making Smash/Junk Journals (see links below).

Take a look to see the variety that can be included in the journal and see how jam packed they are with fun, creative pages and embellishments like tags, journal spots, patterned paper, stamped images, handmade flowers, and so much more. You can literally use all the skills and techniques that you’ve acquired from your scrapbooking/swapping experience and incorporate them into this journal.

I’m making the due date way out there, May 2nd (my dd’s birthday), so that you have ample time to finish up any current swaps you may be involved in before diving into this one. A survey is posted below that you will need to fill out and PM back to me at the time you sign up.

Sign ups end on Saturday, February 25th and partners will be assigned on Sunday, February 26th.

Please Join Us! The end product will be a journal that you will treasure forever, no matter how you use it.

LINKS:
http://youtu.be/vLa3vK92reE
http://youtu.be/tNYSvFfA9r0

SURVEY
I want your partner to have as much information about you as possible so that they can incorporate things that are meaningful to you. So the more you provide, the more ideas your partner will have. If you prefer not to provide any of the requested information, that’s ok, just try to share whatever you can that will give your partner a starting point and/or a path to follow.

Your full name:

Your screen name:

Nickname?

Which name, if any, do you prefer to be used in the journal, if your partner is so inclined?

Your home state/country:

Family info (married, single, children, pets?)

Your occupation:

Are there any groups, organizations, or associations that are high priority in your life (volunteer, church, book club, gym, Weight Watchers, etc.) or are there hobbies (other than scrapbooking) that you may enjoy having images of or references to in your journal?

If you don’t want to provide any of the above information, give your partner a guideline or starting point theme or idea.

Favorite color or color combinaton

Favorite style (clean & simple, distressed, vintage, bright, muted, etc.)

Favorite foods, drinks, candy (pizza, coffee, wine, chocolate, etc.)

Favorite city, country, vacation spot

Favorite saying

Anything that you DO NOT wish to see in your journal (neons, eyelets, bumpy stuff, etc.)

PARTICIPANTS
01. i heart scrapping (survey done) rec'd fr/mishay36
02. naneetootiebeeblebug (rec'd survey) rec'd fr/throwscraps
03. mishay36 (rec'd survey) rec'd fr/jessicalb
04. cutencrafty (rec'd survey) rec'd fr/bluesonata
05. throwscraps (rec'd survey)
06. Mother Goose (rec'd survey) rec'd fr/Tracy
07. 1Heart (rec'd survey) rec'd fr/auntieant
08. Scrap Smart (rec'd survey) rec'd fr/pugs223
09. Euroalien (rec'd survey) rec'd fr/scrap smart
10. pugs223 (rec'd survey) rec'd fr/vawm
11. kaylalynnxo (rec'd survey) rec'd fr/1 heart
12. jessicaLB (rec'd survey) BEING ANGELED by i heart scrapping
13. joydee1963 (rec'd survey) rec'd fr/Mother Goose
14. vawm (rec'd survey) rec'd fr/pinkalicious
15. pinkalicious (rec'd survey) rec'd fr/Euroalien
16. Tracy F (rec'd survey) rec'd fr/joydee1963
17. craftylady78 (rec'd survey) rec'd fr/cutencrafty
18. bluesonata (rec'd survey) rec'd fr/craftylady78
19. auntieant (rec'd survey) rec'd fr/i heart scrapping

Edited by i heart scrapping on 06-30-12 10:48 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapbooksusie
Guru
scrapbooksusie
In response to i heart scrapping

I looove this idea, but I was trying to scale back on my swapping. I will think hard about it and let you know this weekend!

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping
In response to scrapbooksusie

Ok, Susie.

Happy Valentine's Day to All

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 02-14-12 07:08 PM

Bonnie...Because of the due date...I am soooo in!!!

I have seen some YouTube videos of these smash/junk journals and some not so much hehe..But either way I can't wait to create on for my partner!!!

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping
In response to NaneeTootieBeebleBug

Awesome Bon, thanks so much for joining! I hoped I would see another "Bon" in this swap

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 02-15-12 12:12 AM

I am so excited about this swap!!! Watching more videos...SQUEEEEEEEEEEE

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

This looks like fun. Is there a certain type of notebook/binder to use. The one link it looked like they used a 3 ring thin binder type of book, the other one looked like spiral bound notebook.

Mishay36
Pro
Mishay36
In response to cutencrafty

Please sign me up. I am excited about this. I love making junk/smash journals.
Thanks

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 02-15-12 04:24 PM
In response to Mishay36

WOOOOO HOOOOO KYMMI!!! YOU FOUND IT!!!! THIS IS GOING TO BE A BLAST WITH YOU HERE!!! LET'S SEE WHO ELSE WE CAN GET TO JOIN US BONNIE!!!

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB

So I watched one of the videos...and they look cool. But I don't get it. What do you use them for?

jessicaLB
Expert
jessicaLB
In response to jessicaLB

Basically is it a scrappy journal that you can add pics & other momentos to?? I keep seeing "smash journals"...but I guess I just never took the time to pay attention to them

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping

• cutencrafty Said:
This looks like fun. Is there a certain type of notebook/binder to use. The one link it looked like they used a 3 ring thin binder type of book, the other one looked like spiral bound notebook.

As far as I can see, all different types of books can be used, but my preference for this swap would be one that your partner has the option to add pages to in the future. So - spiral, 2 or 3 ring binder, ribbon binding, ring binding, all of those would work. Composition books would not be a good choice for this swap.

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping
In response to jessicaLB

• jessicaLB Said:
Basically is it a scrappy journal that you can add pics & other momentos to?? I keep seeing "smash journals"...but I guess I just never took the time to pay attention to them

Hi Jessica!

I'll tell you the truth, when I first saw these I was reminded of the kind of scrapbooks I did as a kid when we scotch taped movie tickets, napkins and menus from our favorite restaurant, matchbooks, pictures of our favorite movie stars, etc. into it. So yes, a memento book would be along the lines of what I think of them to be used for. Among other things, I would use mine to hold the post office receipts and delivery confirmation receipts that I get from swaps, and receipts for scrappy purchases so I can see why I don't have money left at the end of the month -

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping

• NaneeTootieBeebleBug Said:
WOOOOO HOOOOO KYMMI!!! YOU FOUND IT!!!! THIS IS GOING TO BE A BLAST WITH YOU HERE!!! LET'S SEE WHO ELSE WE CAN GET TO JOIN US BONNIE!!!

Bon, you crack me up!!! I'm so glad you're here.

i heart scrapping
Diva
i heart scrapping

So, Jess, you gonna join us???

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 02-15-12 09:21 PM

Yeah Jess...These are just like those K&Co Smash Books that are all the rage...except they are going to be binders that can hold so much more than those lil notebooks can!!!!

Say YES...you will join us!!!!

throwscraps
Governor
throwscraps

I'd like to join Bonnie, but march 2nd, thats just 2 wks. away. now if the due date was later on that month i'd consider joining but march 2nd is too soon for me.Sorry.
i'll prob do 1 for myself later next month, i really love these!

Edited by throwscraps on 02-15-12 11:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 02-16-12 12:00 AM
In response to throwscraps

Oh Irma my Sweet Sister...It isn't March 2nd...it's May 2nd...you must be sleepy.

You will have plenty of time...and we would love if you would join us...PLEASE!!!

cutencrafty
Diva
cutencrafty

Ok can you add me please!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 02-16-12 11:31 AM

WELCOME WELCOME WELCOME MICHELLE!!! SO GLAD YOU ARE A PART OF THIS SWAP...YOU ARE SO TALENTED!!!

Page 1 of 37 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics