Username Post: Wood stamps into cling stamps        (Topic#1570625)
veejer
veejer 
Resident
veejer

I posted this question in another section, but I this section gets more traffic. I've seen tutorials on turning wood mounted stamps into cling stamps. Has anyone done this? How did you do it and how well does it work for the long term?

Thanks in advance!

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to veejer

I've done it, and they work great. It was pretty easy.
Step One- is heat the stamp in the microwave (I did it in 30 sec intervals) and the glue will unstick.
2-Then you carefully peel them off
3-place on the cling mount foam or rubber
4-cut around it
5-put on acrylic block
6 stamp away

thekatsmeow
Veteran
thekatsmeow
In response to Scrappin Kitty

I posted two videos showing how to do this. It's very simple I use a hot knife. Here is a link to the first video. I hope it helps.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuoUuHKly3U

Ms. Fit
Veteran
Ms. Fit
In response to veejer

I have removed a bunch of my stamps from wood blocks and did it with Un-Do and a knife or thin plastic blade. Sometimes there's a residue of gooey glue left on the back and I used Goo Gone to eliminate that. They adhere well to my acrylic blocks and are easier to accurately place because I can see through the blocks. They also store easily in the binders in which I keep my stamps.

veejer
veejer 
Resident
veejer
In response to Ms. Fit

Thanks for all the info. I want to reduce the amount of space the stamps take up and also make it easier to see the stamps. I think I will start the transformations this weekend!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics