Username Post: Old letters        (Topic#1570639)
New Kid On the Block

I have only done one scrapbook before. I have this huge box of letters that my fiancé gave me when we were in a long distance relationship. I want to do a scrapbook with these letters. I have a couple photos but not many. I do have old handmade cards as well. How should I go about doing this?

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 02-14-12 06:52 AM
In response to elysebliss

If you want to be able to read the letters again, put them in pockets on the LO. You could cut out a large heart and use it for the pocket.

You could copy the letters "en masse" then enlarge the copy and use it as the background. I mean to randomly lay the letters on the copier glass, overlapping, sideways, upside down, etc.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Tivi

Welcome to sb.com!

First, I'd scan the letters so that you will always have a copy of them. Ink fades, papers tear, and I'd just want to keep them electronically, just in case.

I agree with Tivi. Use pocket pages. They're easy to make. Just take a piece of 12x12 paper to use as the background. Then cut another piece of 12x12 paper in half and adhere three sides of it to the background paper. Use really strong adhesive, or eyelets or brads to close off the three sides. Leave the top open to put the letters in.

I'd xerox some particular passages in the letters that mean the most to you, and leave those on display on other pages. Treat them just like you would a picture. So, xerox a passage, mat it like you would a picture, put embellishments around it just like you would with a picture, etc.

Hope this helps!

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 02-14-12 09:06 AM
In response to siameseplease

• siameseplease Said:
Welcome to sb.com!

First, I'd scan the letters so that you will always have a copy of them. Ink fades, papers tear, and I'd just want to keep them electronically, just in case.

I agree with Tivi. Use pocket pages. They're easy to make. Just take a piece of 12x12 paper to use as the background. Then cut another piece of 12x12 paper in half and adhere three sides of it to the background paper. Use really strong adhesive, or eyelets or brads to close off the three sides. Leave the top open to put the letters in.

I'd xerox some particular passages in the letters that mean the most to you, and leave those on display on other pages. Treat them just like you would a picture. So, xerox a passage, mat it like you would a picture, put embellishments around it just like you would with a picture, etc.

Hope this helps!

That's a cute idea!

lovinlife
Resident
lovinlife
In response to Tivi

I would make an album that is full of envelopes- some pages could be envelopes themselves. Some of the shorter letters could be adhered to a piece of pattern paper then add a little embellishment like a flower. Some of the longer or more personal letters I would tuck into an envelope, then embellish the envelope. I'd then sprinkle the photos throughout and even add some good quotes about love.
What a great opportunity- and such a treasure to have! I would love to have a bundle of letters from my love.

my blog: live-love-scrap.blogspot.com

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics