Username Post: Can you tell me about the sizzix texture boutique?        (Topic#1570643)
Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj

I'm Considering buying the sizzix texture boutique and was wanting to weigh the pros and cons. lol

I've already got a create and expression and the little red sidekick. Really wasn't wanting a new cutter cause then i'll want to buy more dies and I don't want to do that. lol I just want to be able to emboss and the price of the machine here is like $26 without the starter kit which I don't make cards. So the price is good for me.

Thanks for the help!

Cindy

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to Cindyckj

I had one and gave it away when I got my Vagabond. The only problem I had with it is because it is very lightweight I had to hold the machine down while I cranked. Otherwise it's adorable.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to theellenbee

I have one and love it. I use if for all my embossing, even though I have two other machines I can use I like the texture boutique because if I am just embossing, or don't want to mess with moving platforms it is light weight and easy to pull out quick.

Only con I have is the same as Ellen, so light you have to hold on when you crank, but completely worth it

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to MrsAnnieS

I love my Texture Boutique!! I use it a lot!

JediScrapToo
Diva
JediScrapToo
In response to theellenbee

The texture boutique was not designed to cut with dies,it is supposed to only emboss. I have heard of people using it with the dies, but they said it "wears out" faster. Some of the bigger folders will not fit, so you do have to watch the size. I love mine! I don't use it too much, but when I do, it's so awesome!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to JediScrapToo

• JediScrapToo Said:
The texture boutique was not designed to cut with dies,it is supposed to only emboss.

Right, that's why she's asking about the Texture Boutique and why she specifically said she didn't want another cutting machine - the Texture Boutique won't tempt her to buy more dies.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to aquabunny

I love this 'lil thing.

I emboss more than I use dies. And it takes up a LOT less desk space than the Big Shot.

It's also cute. And NOT pink.

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010
In response to Megan - ForumTech

I LOVE MINE!!! I found mine at the thrift store for 6.00!

I use mine a ton for Cards, it took me awhile to remember I had it. Its very simple to use!

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to Scrap Princess72010

I've had it and a set of christmas and halloween folders for it in my cart for a while now. lol

Waiting for my taxes and a free shipping day as all the stuff in my cart adds up to a $19.56 shipping fee. Ouch!

So I wanted to really make sure about this!

Ya I really don't have the need for another cutter so that I don't have to worry about and pluss the cutters are so much more expensive and I would be tempted to buy dies and I just don't have anymore room for that stuff.

Are there lots of folders that will fit this and do they continue to make more?

There's probably more out than i'll every buy and use but don't wanna buy something that they've discontinued the products that go with it and then have the folders hard to find.

Good to know about cutting with it not being a good idea cause i'd hate to ruin it.

Thank you thank you!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Cindyckj

It uses the Provocraft folders, and the Sizzix ones, so there are lots available...

Veteran
In response to Megan - ForumTech

I use mine a lot. I use it more when I need to emboss for a card.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to SHARON ELISE

So far I use the Sizzix, Tim Holtz and Cuttlebug folders in mine.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to debby_westbrook

I had one in my shopping cart at J's, but then took it out and ordered the cuttlebug...which just arrived! Yea! The tex. boutique is so cute, but I was afraid I'd eventually wish I could do quick die cuts, so went with the 'bug. I just wanted something smaller to use for quick embossing (& possibly die cuts) instead of pulling out the creatopia, cricut or cameo. I'm sure hubby is wondering what's up with all these toys...um, I mean tools. Now if I could just figure out how to find the time to use them all! I need to quit watching videos of how to do things and start using all of it.

One thing...on J's site they show the boutique does die cuts, but since they are the only ones that said that, I didn't believe it~ That may be why they had several in stock that looked like they'd been returned.

Edited by mrsdriver5 on 02-14-12 01:12 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to mrsdriver5

Thank so much you guys!Now i'm really getting excited!

Thought my taxes were supposed to be in yesterday but now they say one more week. Don't they know how impatient I am?

lol

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to Cindyckj

I bought one and tried it but did not like that it moved so much when you put the embossing dies through. Took it back and got a cuttlebug which does embossing and cutting. I love the Cuttlebug. It handles so much better.

Cindyckj
Pro
Cindyckj
In response to prittb

One good thing is my son loves this stuff to so i'll hold it down while he turns the crank. lol

If prices weren't so different like $26 vs $90 i'd get the better machine though.

debby_westbrook
Queen
debby_westbrook
In response to Cindyckj

The Boutique is a very good machine and I don't think you will be disappointed...

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics