Username Post: Ribbon Binding        (Topic#1570671)
mstasha
Veteran
mstasha

Ok so I have a question. Do any of you have any experience in binding a scrapbook (most likely homemade) with ribbon? I have a book that's falling apart. The screw posts pulled through and tore the chipboard and my DH tried to fix it and made it way worse. So I was thinking about drilling new holes thru the covers and ribbon binding the book together. Any thoughts?

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to mstasha

Our wedding album By Momto3infinity

This was how I put our wedding album together - it's from 1999 and has held up well

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to mstasha

I used my Cropodile to punch holes & set the eyelets to bind this one. The ribbon is seam binding. One of the nice things about the Cropodile is that it has measurements along the side so that you don't have to mark your items to get evenly inset placement along all pages--just inset to the same measurement. Good luck!

Ever After mini, cover By GemGirl

mstasha
Veteran
mstasha
In response to Momto3infinity

Wow, both of those are so pretty. I can't really tell but do you guys have quite a few pages or only a few? Momof3, did you "lace" yours up kind of like a shoe?

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to mstasha

Good evening, yes it's laced up and down, it holds 24 pages, some with 'envelope pockets' that hold things like a copy of our wedding invitation and reply card. Each page of is of varying thickness simply because I handmade all the paper (gosh I have/had too much time on my hands ).

reneeann
Veteran
reneeann

Also a go0d idea if your not setting the holes with eyelets, use the white paper rings that are used to reinforce holes in paper. Available in most office supplies and come now in different colors. This just helps to make it a little stronger. You could also think about using the metal rings.

mstasha
Veteran
mstasha

Wow that's so awesome that you made your own paper for the album. I personalized the covers of my scrapbook by padding it and covering it with fabric and lace. It's got probably 50 pages in it. I just don't know if binding it w/ ribbon will be sturdy enough. I think I will definitely need something more like metal grommets to stablize the holes, though. It's got to go thru 2 layers of chipboard plus the fabric and padding.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to mstasha

I was thinking metal rings too and then tie the ribbon(s) on the rings.

GemGirl
Expert
GemGirl
In response to mstasha

My "Happily Ever After" was 10 pages plus chipboard front & back covers. I always use eyelets or grommets if I punch holes; my feeling is that the album is made to be looked at, so I want it to hold up.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics