Page 13 of 13 
Username Post: New free scrappy iPhone app and www service - keep track of your stash!        (Topic#1570691)
shygypsy
Tenant
shygypsy
In response to paperpilekitten

I just bought an iphone5. I was debating about getting an android or an iphone. Since I wanted to use this app, the iphone won! I love this app!!

Paperpilekitten and Johan, thank you so much!!!

akiko

paperpilekitten
Resident
paperpilekitten
In response to shygypsy

Aw, Akiko, thank you! I'm so happy that you enjoy the ScrapStash app. I promise that you will be happy with choosing the iPhone. I'm totally addicted to mine and all the fun apps on it.

AdesinaCat
Veteran
AdesinaCat
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
Thank you!

Unfortunately, I recently decided to discontinue my use of the app for now. My mobile device is an iPod Touch, and this app does not work at ALL when the device doesn't have internet access... and because it's an iPod Touch instead of a phone, that means I'm restricted to only using the app in locations where I have wi-fi access. I did have fun playing with the app, though, and might well return to it if I ever get a mobile device that doesn't rely on wi-fi access.

Thank you for this info. I also am an iPod Touch user and was wondering on this since apps like this are Internet required. Now I know to not waste my time setting it up.

paperpilekitten
Resident
paperpilekitten
In response to AdesinaCat

Adesina and aquabunny, that is right that you need some kind of Internet connection (wi-fi or phone). That is because all the data is stored online, instead of locally on your device, so you can access it from different devices, and you don't need to back up your data for safety - it's always backed up. So if you lose your phone or buy a new one, you don't have to migrate the data, you just download the app and all is there.

The database is also making it easier to add things to your stash and wishlist, because we all contribute. That way, you won't have to manually enter every single item in your inventory. It's super fast to just scan the barcode and the product goes to your list.

We truly understand that's it's a bit problematic to use with iPhone touch and similar devices, so Johan is going to see if there could be some kind of local cache solution that you can use when you're "offline". Let's hope he can help you out soon.

Android app is still definitely on our bucket list, but still not any money to set aside for that. We finance this out of our own pockets, paying for the online servers and the development. We are looking at different ways to finance development in the future, maybe by donations.

BTW, have you seen the new fun Inspiration section at Scrappypedia.com? You don't even have to log in. You can subscribe to organization prompts and there's a monthly kit club where you make your own kit, only using what you have in your stash. Hope you'd like to play along.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

My husband upgraded his iPhone 4S to a Galaxy Note this week and asked me if I wanted to upgrade mine too.

No way - and the biggest reason I don't want another phone is because of this app.

paperpilekitten
Resident
paperpilekitten
In response to Henri Jean

LOL! Henri, I'm with you. Not only for this app, but don't anyone dare to touch my iPhone. It's like my best friend.

rebeccakeppel
Idol
rebeccakeppel

Just another satisfied user here! LOVE this app! I scanned all my Copics, mists and inks. So easy to use and I will never buy a duplicate again! Off to leave an awesome review.

2 things....MANY apps I have downloaded require a facebook account to log in - I think that is just the way of the world in app land Also I would have definitely PAID for this (especially a typical app price of $o.99)!

Page 13 of 13 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics