Username Post: What new Smash book?        (Topic#1570705)
bbarthej
Veteran
bbarthej

I was reading another post and they mentioned a new book coming out... I don't want to miss anything... fill me in.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to bbarthej

What post? Maybe they can tell you there?

paperpilekitten
Resident
paperpilekitten
In response to bbarthej

I saw that they are releasing a special Wedding Smash book and a Baby one. Plus a load of new accessoirs to the Smash books.

choup72
Resident
choup72
In response to paperpilekitten

yes special wedding and baby!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to choup72

AND a BIGGER Smash book! It's huge!

The thing I'm most excited for are the new tapes- one called SWATCH, it looks very cool. The other is called Calendar.

-kory

Resident
In response to designguyKORY

where did you see the new stuff?

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to jeniferdwn

Saw the stuff too. Love the new tapes.

Resident
In response to prittb

i finally found the pictures. WOW!!! I sure wish one of the stores in my area carried this stuff!!!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to jeniferdwn

I'm glad you found the pics of the new product! Doesn't the new tape look cool? I can't wait to get it!!!

I love my Smash book, but I also love the accessories- they are fun, colorful, but more unisex than most stuff I find- and it still has a kind of modern retro look. AND you don't HAVE to use them in a smash book- they work great on layouts, too- esp the books of tags- have you seen those? I've bought all of them!

-kory

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

Kory, where are you buying your Smash book stuff? I haven't had any luck finding much locally, and like someone else said, I want to see it in person before I buy it

Resident
In response to chocolateaxel

for those of you that don't want to buy the books, i took a binder and covered it with brown paper (like a paper bag) and then sealed it with Mod Podge. I used card stock paper and rounded all the corners. I use that one for bigger things like pictures my kids draw for me. I put stickers and a sticker border on the front. It looks great and I love it.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Hi-

Paper Arts in Edmond had them the moment they shipped- that's where I got mine. They sold old fast and she got more- but last time I was there, they didn't have many- so you might check before you go-

Same at Ms- they got them in, but sold out fast, then came back with a big end-cap full of them, they have been selling very well- not as many left- but you could check there!

-kory

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb

The Js here sold out really fast but they were also on sale.

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi

• chocolateaxel Said:
Kory, where are you buying your Smash book stuff? I haven't had any luck finding much locally, and like someone else said, I want to see it in person before I buy it

Fred Meyer in my area sells them and all the cool accessories.

Tivi
Tivi 
Diva
Tivi
  • Tivi on 02-16-12 06:44 PM
In response to Sunnydi

The superstore here has a LOT of the smash stuff

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

I was just in Paper Arts on Tuesday, she had some Smash stuff, but I could tell stock was getting low. Marie is very good at getting things in quickly and keeping up with the new product, I'll keep checking there, cuz I'm sure as you-know-what not going to M's
In fact, I'm taking a class at Paper Arts tomorrow morning, maybe she will have gotten some new stuff in *crossing fingers*

ktmracing
Pro
ktmracing

Amazon had them super cheap prior to Christmas....I bought one for my stepdaughter...but kept it for myself...I am bad!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Hey Chocolate!

What class are you taking, tomorrow, at Paper Arts? I should've signed up!!! I like Marie, she is hilarious. And you're right, she is good about getting new stuff in... I was very excited when I first saw the Smash books there- after being bummed I couldn't see one in real life. I bought the black Smash book and nearly one of every accessory the minute I saw the display in her shop. Tell her Kory says hi!

But anyways, everyone- the new stuff coming out in the Smash line looks great. And again, I can't wait to get the SWATCH tape!!!

-kory

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

I had a great time at Paper Arts, a super nice woman named Nicole taught a class using Wendy Vecchi's Art Parts and stamps, it was awesome!
I can't believe I missed the J's opening! I didn't even know about it I guess I need to meet you in person so I can secretly follow you around, you seem to know all the best scrappy shopping places!

southern lady
Mayor
southern lady

what is a smash book what do u do with a smash book sorry i have no clue what that is

bubbles88879
New Kid On the Block
bubbles88879
In response to southern lady

a smash book is like a junk draw you can do anything with it glue pictures write quotes your love life what happened random cut out in a magazine

FreeYourFears
Tenant
FreeYourFears
In response to southern lady

I really like the idea of this book, but $30 for the starter pack? I don't know about that. I think I could just grab one of my empty binders and alter it...

Lal
Lal 
Diva
Lal
  • Lal on 02-21-12 03:28 PM
In response to FreeYourFears

One of our M's has had the Smash book stuff for a couple of months and every time I've gone in, it looks like the same stuff is still there. It doesn't look like the stuff is moving at all there. I'd thought about getting one, but looking at it in person, eh....it just didn't do it for me. Like other people have mentioned, I have made several versions of my own and love those better

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics