Username Post: corner rounder punches?        (Topic#1570721)
stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-16-12 01:03 PM

I have the Martha Stewart corner rounder punch (which I love!), but I've realized I need another one (or two) with a smaller diameter. I'm thinking of getting the small and medium ones here, as it looks like the Large is probably the same size as the MS ... but I'm not sure. Does anyone know? Or do you have another favorite?

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to stick

This may or may not help, but I love my WRMK Corner Chompers. They come in many sizes and can cut through many thicknesses just like the CropADile.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to traceyjean

sorry, can't help you. I got the ones HL sells when they went on special. They have 3 sizes and I like the way they have a holder for the pieces which are trimmed off.

KVRLVN
KVRLVN 
Mayor
KVRLVN
In response to Rosita

I agree, I have the ones that HL sells, which I bought with their 40% off coupon and like them just fine.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to KVRLVN

I have 2 sizes, I bought them many years ago at a LSS, they are exactly like the Creative memories ones. I have seen the same kind at HL, they are only like $5, plus they do the Paper Studio line 50% off, which makes them pretty darn cheap!

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-16-12 06:29 PM
In response to ChansGram

Okay, stop! There's no HL here! lol. I mostly have to order things online, crafty shopping is not good in my area. I consider myself lucky whenever I find ANYTHING to buy at M's or J's.

TraceyJean, the Chompers look really big and bulky. Do you use them often for thicker materials?

Mr Mister
Veteran
Mr Mister
In response to stick

Corner Chompers are big so you can chomp stacks of paper as well as chipboard. That's great for mini album pages and covers. You get two corner styles with each Chomper. Laura Dennison uses one with a double curve, kind of like the top half of a heart. She aligns the corners of her mats to this and it looks terrific. Chek it out on the pages of her memory box here: http://followingthepapert rail.blogspot.com/

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to Mr Mister

Ooops, sorry!
I guess it's silly of me to assume everyone has the same stores to shop at.
I know how ya feel, every time I hear people talk about ACmoore and Pat Canans(?) I always wish I had those to shop at as well.

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to ChansGram

I have one from Creative Memories and another that I've had for years (could be a Fiskars)

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to ChansGram

I have the medium paper shaper. I haven't tried the MS so I'm not sure how big it is, but I can punch something for you with the medium one if it would help you compare? I have to take the Small One out all day tomorrow but will do it as soon as we are home and I can get a good pic. Let me know if you think it would help

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-16-12 07:30 PM
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

Thanks, Ashley! But I don't think I'll need it because judging from the sales pictures the medium one is obviously smaller than the MS one.

And thanks for the link, Mister! She does amazing projects. But I'm thinking now I really should just go with these lighter-weight punches, I admire the bigger projects but will I ever actually do anything like that? Right now I say it's unlikely. I can always upgrade to a Chomper if I develop an actual "need"

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to stick

I have the Fiskars squeeze punches that I like. I don't see them here at scrapbook.com. This is the only Fiskars one they have. It does two different sizes:
Products Referenced in This Post:

ColbyCheeseCat
Diva
ColbyCheeseCat
In response to stick

Anytime! Hope you find one you like! I've had mine for a few years and really like it when I remember to use it haha!

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to ColbyCheeseCat

I bought the paper shapers ones years ago and they work great. I also have the corner chomper, but use it for chipboard or the rare occasions I have to do more than a few sheets of paper/cardstock at a time.

KVRLVN
KVRLVN 
Mayor
KVRLVN
In response to Diva Scraps

Even if you don't have a HL, you can still buy from them on-line and use their 40% coupon.

I checked and their corner rounders are currently 30% off anyway. I have the large one.

Here's a link:

http://shop.hobbylobby.com/search/default.aspx?CFID=776...

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale
In response to Diva Scraps

Fiskars corner rounder is great.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics