Username Post: Twin Moms/Scrapers        (Topic#1570849)
twosmilestoday
Resident
twosmilestoday

Hi Twin Moms

I am finally getting to scrapping my twins books (they are 7 1/2). I have BOY/GIRL twins

I have been trying to figure out how I want to do it. I have changed my mind so many times. I am curious how you have done it.

I scraped the day of their birth with them together. But going forward I plan to do a 1 or 2 page LO for each month.

My questions:

**Keeping in mind that I envision that someday they will each take their own books with them when they leave the home (sniff, sniff)

1. Did you scrap the first year together or separate?
2. Did you do one for you of them together(for you to keep later) and then separate one for each of them?
3. If you do one for them separate is it just of that child or both?
4.Having done it already do you have any regrets of who you did it? Why?
5. What would you do differently if you could? Why?

Gosh, so many possiblilities?

Help me narrow it down by giving me your pros and cons.

I REALLY appreciate you discussing what you have done.

bgsl56
bgsl56 
Expert
bgsl56
In response to twosmilestoday

My twin sons just turned 30! I haven't even started a scrapbook for them! I am waiting for the pix to arrive so I can do the scrapbook of my one son's wedding. Have a scrapbook of my second son's wedding almost done. First son's wedding book is why I started scrapbooking ---- only have a few pages done and he's been married 8 years. I find that I mostly do pages of my 2 grandsons.
Will be checking back to see what others have to say.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom

I made albums for each child. Since I started scrapping after they were bigger, I used the photos of them that I had. Luckily I usually printed two copies of photos when I ordered them so each child got their own set of photos. The way I look at it is that each child is part of the family and I wanted them to have a history of our family so I gave them LOs of not only themselves but of other family members too. We have an older child too and I put as many of her little siblings as I can in her albums and visa versa.

I do not make a family album for myself because these are my albums and will live in my house until I give them to each child.

I also have an album for DH and one for his side of our family and one for me and one for my side of the family. The kids can split them up as they see fit later. I also have a heritgae album that houses photos of ancestors on both sides of our family. I recently got a PIXMA printer/copier/scanner so if I run out of things to scrap, LOL, I will make each child a heritage album too.

Since I am making multiple LOs of the same photos I make them similar sometimes and other times the LOs are totally different. I just try to keep in mind the person they will belong to one day and use colors, pps and styles they would appreciate.

Good luck in choosing a way to tackle this.

I am totally happy with what I have done and so are my kiddos. I would not do anything differently as it stands right now. IF I could go back and scrap when they were born 34 years ago for our oldest and 26 years ago for the twins I think I'd make their books just like I did now except they would have MORE photos as digital is so much easier than the old film cameras were. I might document their milestones better such as first haircuts, first tooth, etc.

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6
In response to rockmom

6yr old boy/girl twins here.....
+ 4 older boys.

I have 1 book for all the kids. Seperated by year. Specific LO's with just them, the bigger kids and their activities etc....

Copying the LO's to take with them is a cheap and easy option.

Id drive myself nuts trying to scrap each one seperately and the big kids. I scrap our lives, all of it together. They can figure out what they want copies of when Im dead.

No regrets.

I have a friend with 4yr old twins and an older child. She does seperate books for all, its time consuming, slow and repetitive....according to her.

twosmilestoday
Resident
twosmilestoday
In response to ScrappyMama6

• ScrappyMama6 Said:
6yr old boy/girl twins here.....
+ 4 older boys.

I have 1 book for all the kids. Seperated by year. Specific LO's with just them, the bigger kids and their activities etc....

Copying the LO's to take with them is a cheap and easy option.

Id drive myself nuts trying to scrap each one seperately and the big kids. I scrap our lives, all of it together. They can figure out what they want copies of when Im dead.

No regrets.

I have a friend with 4yr old twins and an older child. She does seperate books for all, its time consuming, slow and repetitive....according to her.

THANK YOU for your story and your friend's. I think I need permission to do it all together. I know there will be special things specific to each and maybe I will scrap that as a dedicated LO but in the same family book. Maybe their first year book individually but after that collectively by the year.

You are right, they can copy for their own books, if they choose down the road.

Everyone else with twins....still interested in hearing from you!!

Thanks!

rockmom
Governor
rockmom

LOL, Dion, That is the beauty of this craft. Do it as you want, there's no right or wrong. SO, you have our permission to make a first year book for each twin and then the rest as a family book! Please do have a fun time making them.

twosmilestoday
Resident
twosmilestoday
In response to rockmom

LOL

I know, I know.

neurotic, huh?

rockmom
Governor
rockmom

That's okay, it is always good to see what other's think and learn from their woulda, couldas!

kikiV
kikiV 
Veteran
kikiV
  • kikiV on 02-21-12 02:48 PM
In response to rockmom

I have twin boys who are 7 and one older son who is 19.

Here is my plan for scapping. Each of the boys has their own book. Things like, school pictures, sports pictures, Birthdays etc. I also include in those special pictures I love that I scrap. So if I find one of my older son, I scrap it and put it in his book.

Family trips are just that. Family trips. I scrap one book for the family. They can divide them up how they see fit.

That's just my plan this far.

Hope it helps.

fknapoleon
Pro
fknapoleon
In response to kikiV

My twin boys are five. I have their first year book, and it's together. For each month, I made a page of each of them, and then used the We-R-Memory Keepers for all the extra photos I wanted to put in. The book also includes special events like Christmas and their first haircut.
I scrap them the way I treat them. They are individuals but we are still one family. And if they ever want to separate the book, it'll be easy. If they don't, I won't have duplicates of everything. I'll just have a specific page of each child.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics