Username Post: Inks/Mists        (Topic#1570929)
mstasha
Veteran
mstasha

OK I made my first attempt at making flowers (I will post the LO this afternoon) they turned out pretty good, I guess. I'm not really a "flower type" scrapper. Anyhow I used a technique that I saw on You Tube that used Crayola washable markers and water. It worked actually really well and is very budget friendly (40 markers for $10 - initially my kids talked me into them ) Anyhow, I was was looking at all the inks, mists, alcohols and stuff and got really confused. They are kind of pricey - especially if you want a bunch - Crayola markers are looking even better . I do want to get something that will add shimmer to them though. I don't want something that will actually put any color, just shimmer. Any suggestions?

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to mstasha

If I am looking to just add color I use tattered angels in pearl, adds a lovely shimmer without changing colors. I also like Perfect Pearls in biscotti or smooch spritz in vanilla shimmer. For a gold shimmer I use tattered angels iridescent gold, no color change just a gold shimmer.

mstasha
Veteran
mstasha
In response to MrsAnnieS

Thanks for the advice. There are just so many to choose from I didn't even know where to start ! I just wish our J's or M's carried a better selection of stuff. Neither of them carry just single bottles-only packs. I guess I will have to put in another order here and I haven't even received the one I just placed yet! Should've ordered it with the last one.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to mstasha

I know it sounds weird, and there aren't a lot left, but if you have a kmart near you I got my perfect pearls there as a single bottle.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to MrsAnnieS

I make my own mists with craft acrylic paint and to make it shiny I add pearl ex to it (it's a powder.) I ordered the micro pearl color from J's (locally we have a bad selection) for 2.99 i think. I enjoy being able to make any color shiny. However, if you just want one color, i have seen lovely things created with the pearl color mist from tattered angels.

disneylisa
Mayor
disneylisa
In response to MrsAnnieS

• MrsAnnieS Said:
I know it sounds weird, and there aren't a lot left, but if you have a kmart near you I got my perfect pearls there as a single bottle.

What department did you find it in? I know there are different size Kmarts but ours doesn't have any kind of craft department. Do others or did you find it in some other section?

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to disneylisa

• disneylisa Said:
  • MrsAnnieS Said:

What department did you find it in? I know there are different size Kmarts but ours doesn't have any kind of craft department. Do others or did you find it in some other section?

It was over in the school supply/stationary/kids craft type area they have a super small section devoted to scrapbook stuff. But they had some decent stuff, perfect pearls, tim holtz and ek success punches were the big ones I noticed.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram
In response to MrsAnnieS

Wow, the Kmart we have here has nothing. I am surprised the one you have carries something like that. Lucky!

slyn11
slyn11 
Resident
slyn11
In response to ChansGram

Wow I have never seen scrapbooking supplies in Kmart.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics