Username Post: I'm ready to buy Spellbinders and a Die Cutting Machine.        (Topic#1570941)
KVRLVN
KVRLVN 
Mayor
KVRLVN

I am ready to buy a Grand Calibur and some dies. Any recommendations of which dies to start off with?

Edited by KVRLVN on 02-22-12 07:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to KVRLVN

May I suggest that you google it and compare prices. You can use a coupon at M's; Jo's and HL. Also in my opinion I'd start with nesting dies in round, oval square and a fancy frame to start with. I find that I use those most.

Just G
Just G 
Queen
Just G
In response to Mother Goose

nesties...embossing dies. i'd go for the ones that you can make flowers with and labels and mats.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Just G on 02-22-12 07:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Expert
In response to Just G

If you are going to use your grand calibur for scrapbooking, the grand nestabilities dies are great for matting. I love the labels 23 and the rectangles. Check around for prices though..they can be very pricy. Can get some good buys online or with a coupon at the big box stores.

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to deedee49

Sams Club has a set of 4 (either ovals, rectangles or circles) for $56. Thats what I started out with.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to DittoBabyGirl

I only have 3 sets that I use with my Cuttlebug, and they're perfect for me and my needs. Labels One and Four, and a Scalloped Circle set (can't remember which one specifically). LOVE them all!

KVRLVN
KVRLVN 
Mayor
KVRLVN
In response to tanyaham

Thanks everyone. I found what I was looking for and made my purchase. I got the Grand Calibur machine and the Fancy Tags 1, 2, and 3, and the Fleur De Lis Squares and Rectangles dies.

There are so many more I want to buy, but will start with these first. I'm so excited that I have finally made the leap and purchased my first die cutting machine. Can't wait to get it.

CommaHolly
Angel
CommaHolly
In response to KVRLVN

you expect me to make a CHOICE between all of my beloved nesties?????

seriously?????

LOL. circles, squares, and ovals if I couldn't have anything else!

but my favs are the motifs! they are so lacy and pretty, I love to stack them up on top of eachother!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to CommaHolly

Yay! Enjoy your Nesties!

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to KVRLVN

Awesome choices! I got the Spritely Sprockets too because I thought it would be cool for motorcycle stuff.

Someone on here said these things are addictive! I believe it!

KVRLVN
KVRLVN 
Mayor
KVRLVN
In response to CrimsonMama

I have so many more on my list. I do like the sprockets and the motifs. I agree they are addictive and expensive. I going to have to limit one set with a 40% off coupon each paycheck.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to KVRLVN

I started with the basics: circles, ovals, rectangles, squares in Small & Large plain and scalloped. My first nestie purchase was Labels 1, 8, and 9 because I really liked those shapes.

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to traceyjean

glad you made your decision to buy the Grand Calibur and the nesties you chose. Check out the Grand Nesties also, some go well with the regular nesties, ie: the circles. Have fun

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to SandraB.

warning: these things are worse than potato chips and WAY more expensive

I love my nesting ovals and circles as well as the scalloped and lacy version of each
The flower dies by Donna Salazar are also fantastic and so much fun
The bottom line is I have yet to buy one that I haven't loved ... just proceed slowly

Christine19850
Veteran
Christine19850
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:
warning: these things are worse than potato chips and WAY more expensive:

I agree!!!

I have the regular sized ones that I use in my cuttlebug. I got the 4 sets of circles to start with (regular and scalloped) and use them quite a bit, but because I don't have punches, I was always looking for things to use as edges.

So my next purchases were the parisian accents and then the classic scalloped edgeabilities. I am in LOVE with both of these and use them a LOT (maybe even more than my nesties at the moment!).

But there are so many more on my wish list ;-)

KatieAnna
Tenant
KatieAnna
In response to Christine19850

• Quote:
warning: these things are worse than potato chips and WAY more expensive

LOL! I agree. I have a Big Kick and was pleased to find that I could use the Nesties in my Big Kick...so, over a period of time I bought the squares, circles, and ovals - the regular plus the scalloped edges - thinking that's all I'd get.

Yeah, right! Since then, I've bought the Christmas ornaments, a couple different labels, the fleur de lis squares, and probably others that I can't remember off the top of my head.

And from what I've seen from the posts above, I'll probably be getting some more!

Enjoy your Spellbinders. I'm sure you'll love it!

Edited by bluesonata on 02-24-12 05:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics