Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: How to spend $100        (Topic#1571025)
theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee

SOB! Have to work and can't go to the Scrapbook Xpo this weekend so to make me feel better have decided to spend $100 on scrap supplies. Have never bought anything from Little Yellow Bicycle but see they have an adorable line called Saturday - all blue and red. Convince me to either buy it or find me something awesome to ease my pain - pretty please.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to theellenbee

I am in love with Little Yellow Bicycle but my impression was the red is more of a dark pink.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

You want it. You know you want it. You can vision the projects you will do with it already.

Scrapbook ideas and images are dancing around in your head. You see your personal photos on those pages.

You have the money! Go for it!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 02-24-12 09:14 AM
In response to Henri Jean

OH Ellen you need the WHOLE line of LYB...they make the nicest stuff... and oh so pretty ...
Yep, go for it.
And thanks for the opportunity to shop vicariously.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to GMFTS

Do you gals work for LYB? It's actually the mini album that I love but wish they offered a 6x6 or 8x8 pad. I am tempted...

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny

No, I work in state government, but thanks?

I mention the pinkishness of the Saturday collection because I really liked the collection when I first saw it and its denim look, but learning that it was more pink than red was a turn-off for me and I would have been disappointed if I'd spent money on it before learning it was pink.

KVRLVN
KVRLVN 
Mayor
KVRLVN

I so love LYB. I have bought so many of their collections. However, I am not in love with their new releases. ie; Paradise and Saturdays.

If you love it though, buy it before it sells out.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to KVRLVN

I occasionally sell a few houses when I need scrapbook money but now I have social security and my husbands gives me whatever I want so I have no desire to have a real job.

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to KVRLVN

If you want to spend $100 and if you have time, go walking through a LSS (if you have one anywhere around you). That always inspires me and I always spend way too much money there. The stuff they carry out does any of the big box stores.

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel

Well, since you have all that money burning a hole in your pocket, you can buy me the new Echo Park - This & That.

I'll pm you my address.

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to kelseymel

Melissa -
It's adorable! Perehpas if I buy it I will put together a package as a RAK for my Blog. Good idea?
AquaBunny -
Thanks for the update about the blue and pink. Was going to use it for baseball and can't use pink!
Kay - closest LSS is an hour away. :-(
Henri - Lucky lucky lucky YOU! I have 2 more years!!

PDRNC
PDRNC 
Idol
PDRNC
  • PDRNC on 02-24-12 10:17 AM
In response to kelseymel

Love the new This And That Collection. Why not get a little something that's been on your wishlist for a while, too? I'm sure you'll have no problem reaching a total of $100 in your shopping cart. Happy Shopping!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to PDRNC

Retirement is awesome. Just wish it came earlier in life before the aches and pains started visiting. Can put a bit of a damper on things sometimes. Retirement should really be for the young.

We don't have much retirement money but we have fun with what we do have!

I hope you enjoy your retirement as much as we do - two years will go fast!

IzzyB
IzzyB 
Mayor
IzzyB
  • IzzyB on 02-24-12 10:26 AM

Saturdays is beautiful! I think you'll love it. The LYB blog has great inspiration, too, if you want to pop over there to see more photos of the collection.

The Medley Albums are my favorite! I have one in my gallery here from the Paradise collection. It was so fun to do. I can't wait to get the new one.

LYB Paradise Mini Album By IzzyB

theellenbee
Pro
theellenbee
In response to IzzyB

IZZY please don't make me want the Saturday collection! I wanted blue and red for baseball and now I'm worried. I do love the album...so confused now...HELP!!!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

Melissa ... I am coveting that Echo Park collection too ... so so cute

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5

Yep, retirement is great, but yes, earlier would be better. However, I guess I needed the stamina and knees to keep up with 4 kiddies when I was young! I'd hate to be 64 and trying to keep up with little ones now! Retirement I can manage

I take care of finances, so I have free rein to shop..as long as the bills are paid. Definitely don't have all the money I could use, but at least I can shop without feeling guilty.

Retirement + loving, understanding hubby = Happiness for Me!

Have fun shopping, Ellen!

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to mrsdriver5

I love being retired but I'm still having horrible dreams of being back at work and they won't let me leave -- last night's saga, I was given the task of typing a letter on a manual typewriter with carbon paper - ugh.

Like dh says, we have 6 Saturdays and a Sunday each week - No schedules - no alarm clocks - no commute.

About the LSS an hour away, hon, that's nothing. I'd go across the state for a good LSS (I've even gone to another state).

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-24-12 11:46 AM
In response to Mother Goose

I've driven through dry counties to another state on a beer run Driving that far to a great LSS would be fun (if it weren't actually cheaper to just pay for shipping and have it delivered).

If you're wanting red & blue baseball stuff, some of the Bo Bunny Liberty line might work for you.

FreeYourFears
Tenant
FreeYourFears
In response to stick

Man, if I had $100 dollars to spend (which I don't, because all my money goes to college tuition, rent, and my phone bill... sad face) then I wouldn't buy all from one line!! I would just go to one of my favorite scrappy stores and pick out a bunch of stuff I liked in the moment. But, either way, just have fun with it!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics