Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Looking for dew drops        (Topic#1571079)
PhotobearSam
Idol
PhotobearSam

I had bought some on eBay where a person had sold them in sets. I got 6400 so it was 100 of each 64 colours.....I can't find anything close to this now.

I saw some stacks on J's website but they are not in stock.....any ideas? Are they called anything else?

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to PhotobearSam

they're still available, I'll pm you

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to Momto3infinity

I have not seen them in the stores in quite some time. I know the bigger half marble flat backs are called skittles on ebay.

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to Diva Scraps

Pat Catans also sells the plain clear ones in the floral section...you can use alcohol inks to make whatever color you want. The dew drops, not the skittles.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

• Diva Scraps Said:
I have not seen them in the stores in quite some time. I know the bigger half marble flat backs are called skittles on ebay.

thanks for the info ... I have also been looking to buy a a larger amount of these, and at least now I know what to look for

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to madmatter

I've never heard of dew drops so I googled it.

Which led me to a site explaining how to make your own with hot glue and alcohol inks.

So, I know what I'll be trying this week!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to kelseymel

go for it Melissa ... post pics when they're done

as for me, some things I'll just buy

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to madmatter

I have more time than money.

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to kelseymel

I've never heard of the hot glue trick...would like to see how your tests come out though. I have bought them in the store, and have used alcohol inks to dye the clear ones. You can get a HUGE bag of the clear ones in the floral section for cheaper than the cost of the tiny bottle of dew drops in the scrapbook section. I have thought of trying embossing powder on them to get the opaque colors but never tried it. I'm out of clear ones, so I guess now I have a reason to run out to Pat Catans some time this week if time allows. For the sake of every one waiting on pins & needles on the forum, of course.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

what are they called in the floral section? does J's carry them?

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to madmatter

I've never looked for them at J's, but I am sure they'd carry them too. They're just called decorative accents on the bag.

madmatter
Diva
madmatter

think I may have to stop there on the way to work tomorrow ...

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to kelseymel

ME TOOOO!!!!!

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to HisGEM

Michaels has what you need to make your own - They are in the floral section with the marbles, stones, etc. They come in a bag that is about $6.00 (use a coupon) Then you can color them with alcohol inks that you can also pick up there or many other stores. Check out you tube - there are several tutorials that will show you exactly how to do. It's very easy - just need some paper plates, baggies, dew drops, alcohol inks. Just put a handful in the baggie and put several drops of the ink in and mix around the bag to spread the color. then pour out on a plate to dry - it's quick. You can mix colors add more or less drops of ink to change the intensity of the color - very easy and so much more affordable than purchasing!!!

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to SmartyPants

Boy, am I in the dark!

I thought she was asking about the 'dew drop' ink pads (and the "stacks at J's" were the cat eye ink sets).

I couldn't figure out how flat marbles or hot glue had anything to do with it.

Rushli
Rushli 
Veteran
Rushli
In response to madmatter

• madmatter Said:
what are they called in the floral section? does J's carry them?

that is where i got mine... I tossed the label but it was not hard to find (I actually found them by accident walking through the isle.)

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Bxr-Linda

• Bxr-Linda Said:
Boy, am I in the dark!

I thought she was asking about the 'dew drop' ink pads (and the "stacks at J's" were the cat eye ink sets).

I couldn't figure out how flat marbles or hot glue had anything to do with it.

Hahahahaha, me too! I was thinking, "who another 6400 ink pads?".

I get it now

SmartyPants
Diva
SmartyPants
In response to Luvmyfam

LOL guys!! that is funny!!

meryle721
Tenant
meryle721
In response to SmartyPants

You can make your own with a hot glue gun and alcohol inks. fun and cheap to make : - )

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to meryle721

• meryle721 Said:
You can make your own with a hot glue gun and alcohol inks. fun and cheap to make : - )

You don't say?

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics