Username Post: Not "sew easy" for this lefty...        (Topic#1571101)
iuplori
Guru
iuplori

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but, everytime I try to use the sew easy tool the head twists to the side and pops off. After examining it closer, I don't think rightys would have this problem b/c of the angle they would be coming in at. Anyone else have this problem and have some tips for me?

Mother Goose
Diva
Mother Goose
In response to iuplori

I'm a lefty too. I bought the sew easy and several heads. I've effectively used it one time and not too pleased with it. The heads haven't popped of, but I have problems getting strait lines. Not one of my best purchases.

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to Mother Goose

One of my dd's is left-handed. She had the same problem with it and we took it back to the store.

I went to their website http://weronthenet.com/sew_easy and at the bottom of the page I printed off the .pdf of the stitches. I then placed a transparency over the .pdf and used a transparency marker to mark where all the holes for the different stitches would be. I used my punch to create the same holes in the transparency. I used a sharpie to connect the dots, so the stitch type would be obvious and then printed the name of the stitch beside the 6" line. It was a two-hour project.

Hope all that makes sense. Now, when we want to get the stitched effect we just pull out the transparency template. It looks virtually the same.

If any one wants to see it I will post a pic.
Products Referenced in This Post:

iuplori
Guru
iuplori
In response to Momto3infinity

Thanks for your responses. I thought it seemed to be a design flaw, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't just me!

madmatter
Diva
madmatter
In response to iuplori

I have the sew easy and am not happy with it ... I canNOT keep the lines straight and the holes don't punch evenly ... some are fine and others are barely there

I still use my Bazzill In stitches templates and they work fine

Scrapbook Queen
Mayor
Scrapbook Queen
In response to madmatter

I use a ruler to slightly lean against to get a straight line. Also, I found it works best with my old Coluzzle mat underneath and then I hardly have to push at all and it works great! But, I am right handed. But, maybe try those things.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Scrapbook Queen

I use the Sew Easy piercing mat. My lines are not perfectly straight, but neither is anything else on my layouts

I am a righty, so I can't speak to the lefty issues.

MrsAnnieS
Mayor
MrsAnnieS
In response to Luvmyfam

I'm ambidextrous, but I predominately use my right, after seeing this I gave the sew easy a shot with my left hand and I had the same issues-if I went super slow it was alright, but the holes got a bit wonky that way. But there must be a best of both worlds...

Diva Scraps
Idol
Diva Scraps
In response to MrsAnnieS

I am ambidextrous also and I haven't had any issues with it. It might be the way you hold your wrist? As for getting the straight lines...I use a ruler or my bo bunny curvy ruler if I do not want a straight line.

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to Diva Scraps

I'm a lefty and I haven't had any problems with mine...mind you I haven't tried all the heads yet.

JenKoss
Veteran
JenKoss
In response to SandraB.

Hmmmm...this is all good to know as I just bought this tool and a couple of the heads, and I too am a lefty.

Jen

bj9268 
Resident
In response to JenKoss

Hmmmm, I'm a lefty and was thinking about getting this tool. I would greatly appreciate it if those of you who have recently purchased this tool come back and post your results of the tool. Thanks!

iuplori
Guru
iuplori
In response to bj9268

I have no problem getting the line straight, and from what I hear it's pretty common that it might not punch all the way though multiple layers, but I'm still finding that I have to hold my wrist in a funny position to make it stay in place. Oh well, I still like the tool, but hopefully they will improve the design in the future. Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

LilacGal
Expert
LilacGal
In response to iuplori

I'm not a lefty, so I can't speak to that. I just bought the tool used and finally tried it out. The crookedness was something I knew I was going to have issues with. I use the Martha Stewart t square ruler. It's supposed to be used with her rotary cutter. The head of the Sew Easy fits perfectly with it. I made my scallop stitches perfectly straight. It's discontinued here, but you might be able to find something similar to use.

ScrappyHeather
Mayor
ScrappyHeather
In response to LilacGal

I have the same issues withthe Sew Easy. Iws actually thinking about writing a letter to WRMK and telling them of my issues and suggest that maybe they look into making a line of sew easy handles for lefties.

Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf
In response to iuplori

this is soo funny! i pulled mine out today for the first time (i bought it in june but have'nt really done any scraping for lika a year... )

can't make it work... :-(

kellyshoaf
Idol
kellyshoaf
In response to Kitty_wOlf

Not a lefty, but the sew easy provides me with WAY too much frustration. I got the Bazzill In Stitchz and never looked back!

Bug4115
Resident
Bug4115
In response to kellyshoaf

the nearest craft store usually has someone who can demo the product to you or show you new techniques for any project. also, youtube is a great source of education.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics