Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: How do you organize your paper pads?        (Topic#1571191)
SharlaAnn
New Kid On the Block
SharlaAnn

How do you organize your 12x12 paper pads? vertical or horizontal? Do you keep them attached?
Products Referenced in This Post:

kelseymel
Idol
kelseymel
In response to SharlaAnn

Vertically. I keep them attached until they either fall apart or there are only a few sheets left.

provinca
Mayor
provinca
In response to kelseymel

I keep mine vertical and attached. If I have scraps left over, I put them in a clear sheet protector and put it in with the rest of the pack to keep the coordinating papers together. Once the packs fall apart or get too small, I put the left over papers in one of the inserts of the Cropper Hopper.

AniPie
AniPie 
Tenant
AniPie
In response to provinca

Yup I keep mine in a plastic paper pouch. Mine tend to fall apart pretty quick. But this way its all together.

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956
In response to AniPie

I have the drawers that stack that are different color I put a pack in each drawer and if I bought coordinating goodies I stick them in there also.

scoot297
Idol
scoot297
In response to Sneezy1956

I keep mine vertical and unattach them. I keep them all together but I've found that if I don't take them apart, I never use them. I store all my paper in the plastic crates from WM with hanging file folders.

Sonsie
Sonsie 
Pro
Sonsie
In response to Sneezy1956

Horizontal in 4 huge stacks on the floor under my enormous computer desk. I ran out of room elsewhere! I keep them attached. The only bad part is that I have to sit on the floor to flip through them and then the cats mob me.

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 02-28-12 11:47 AM
In response to Sonsie

Vertical, and mostly I take them apart and separate them into my organization system, but lately I've been acquiring some Core'dination stacks and for some reason I like keeping them together.

ScrappinGirl162
Veteran
ScrappinGirl162
In response to stick

Well I do it vertical & I need to organize my supplies so I might take them apart.. But for now they r together

ASiverson
Expert
ASiverson
In response to ScrappinGirl162

Vertical and together!

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to ASiverson

Vertical. In 13x13 ziploc baggies I got from CTMH years ago. With whatever coordinating stickers and embellies I own. Everything stays together including scraps. And I can recycle the bags once I've used up a particular line.

meezerpleaser
Idol
meezerpleaser
In response to traceyjean

Vertical and together. But I also store my 6x6 pads in 12x12 zip-lock bags with other coordinating embellies from that particular holiday/occasion.

prittb
prittb 
Diva
prittb
In response to meezerpleaser

vertical and together. When most of the pages are gone, then I tear out the remaining and store with pp.

Kitty_wOlf
Guru
Kitty_wOlf
In response to SharlaAnn

I keep mine atached intil there's less then 10 pages . i tend to keep my stack's togther on their side- and i write on the binding with a marker - the name. if you don't allready do this- you should. it makes life so much easier....

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to Kitty_wOlf

Horizontal in 12x12 cases on a storage rack. I separate everything by color except for some themes like Christmas and Halloween. I keep the front "title page" from each torn-apart pad in a thin box so I can see what I have, but I got too frustrated flipping through all the books to find what I wanted. The separation by colors works better for me.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Mayor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 02-28-12 03:33 PM
In response to mrsdriver5

I really don't do pads or stacks..still have some cs from years ago. All my cardstock goes in a rolling tote so that I can put the cover down to prevent fading on the edges.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to SharlaAnn

I'm a little embarrassed to say that my pads are in a basket and now the basket it so heavy I can hardly lift it off my top shelf. That won't work much longer!

I do have some of the flat storage boxes for really specific stuff.

I want Cropper Hopper and the Hullabaloo.

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to Kitty_wOlf

• Kitty_wOlf Said:
I keep mine atached intil there's less then 10 pages . i tend to keep my stack's togther on their side- and i write on the binding with a marker - the name. if you don't allready do this- you should. it makes life so much easier....

This is what I do also. It makes it so much easier to find they style of paper you need. Now I just have to keep walking past all the amazing stacks at M's and J's. I LOVE PAPER!

scrapsweet
Veteran
scrapsweet
In response to scrapnread

Horizontal, attached, in 4-shelf jetmax cubes. While I think it's a great idea, I personally don't like the look of labelling the spine. I enjoy flipping through them. I didn't always do it this way tho. I believe my first 3 or so stacks are sorted into the rest of vertical loose paper.

MyRv4me
Resident
MyRv4me
In response to scrapsweet

Mine are vertical, and left in the pad.
I keep my scraps in the front of the pad in plastic bags.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics