Username Post: Megan - I got a problem!        (Topic#1571195)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Okay, I have a lot of problems. I'm riddled with problems but only one I think you can help me with.

When I'm on the boards and see a layout I want to comment on - no problem. I stay signed in so I'm able to comment on layouts in galleries whether I go directly into the gallery or in through the topic where the layout is posted. Never a problem.

I get emails notifications when friends post and I like to comment on everyone's layouts. Not good about commenting on other things, but I do like to comment on friend's layouts.

However, when I click in through the email notifications it takes me to the layout but tells me I have to be signed in to comment.

I am signed in! I try signing in again and it tells me that either my name or password is incorrect. It is correct!.

So, I go back to the board and it confirms that I've been signed in all along.

So how do I fix it so I can comment on layouts when I'm notified through email?

Should probably add that I just started using the new computer I got for Christmas but I brought everything over here so no settings have changed. And it is Scrapbook.com that wants me to sign in again in order to comment and then won't let me.

Any ideas?

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to Henri Jean

Hmmmmmmm.

if it started with your new computer, it's probably a computer setting. Which browser are you using, and which operating system? Have you tried deleting your temp files and cookies?

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Megan - ForumTech

My new computer is a Toshiba with factory settings - Windows 7, I don't know much more than that. Since it is new, do I need to delete temp files and cookies.

My husband thinks my browser is Internet Explorer.

I've been commenting on layouts when they are posted on the boards, but can't on layouts that come in email. It lets me look at them but in the place where I would comment, it tells me to sign in.

THen denies me because the login or password is invalid.

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5

You might check the security settings in your e-mail program or even your virus protection program. The factory default may be a high setting that won't let you respond. The bad guys have made it difficult for us to use our own computers at times Good luck—I'm sure you'd rather be doing something fun instead of messing with computer settings!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech
In response to mrsdriver5

I can't reproduce this, with myself, or my test user. I just went thru today's email newsletter.

I'd try deleting your temp files and cookies, and rebooting. Go to help, about, and check the browser both when you are on the site, and when you're looking at a page opened from an email.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Megan - ForumTech

I'll get my son to check - just strange that it tells me to log in to scrapbook.com - not my email account on the comment line.

Then scrapbook.com tells me that it is not a valid account when I'm logged into it already!

I am not computer literate - had to ask my husband what browser I had and he wasn't sure. Neither of us know how to check settings for anything.

Will empty temp files, but since this is only the 3rd day I've used this computer it should have much in it.

Stuff was loaded at the factory so 4 days ago my computer was completely erased and my son loaded everything over. SO factory settings shouldn't have anything to do with it I don't think.

I didn't know that email setting or virus protection settings could have a bearing on scrapbook.com requiring me to log in. Very weird.

Going to try to clean out temp files right now. I'm not real sure how to do it, my son programmed it to do it every SUnday night for me in the middle of the night so I don't know how to do it manually.

Info was transferred from my old computer here - all settings but something could have gone flaky I guess.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

It's better now. I can open them in my email but I have to sign in to scrapbook.com each time. BUt at least I can comment from email.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Still working sorta - when I get email notifications I have to sign in (I click to keep me logged in) and I'm able to check layouts and comment on all new layouts.

Then when I go back into scrapbook.com it has kicked me off so I have to log in again. THen if I go back to email I'm kicked off and have to log in there again. I'm doing a lot of logging in back and forth but its working.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

That sounds like a cookie related problem. Ask your son to look at the cookie settings...I still can't reproduce it, so I'm not sure what to tell you to do, specifically.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics