Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: Help with adhesive!!        (Topic#1571201)
MadScrappinMim
Mayor
MadScrappinMim

I am having serious problems with adhesives! A lot of my pages and albums from a couple of years ago are coming apart - you can see where I have applied it but it is no longer holding!
Any suggestions? What are your favorite adhesives?
Thanks for the help!

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to MadScrappinMim

I love glue dots or KI Gloo for heavy stuff like buttons, metal, or even dimensionals like flowers. I use tombo mono-adhesive for paper and photos. I get it at a great price at this one store online, where I buy it in bulk.

meezerpleaser
Diva
meezerpleaser

For my money, you can't beat the ATG. I haven't fooled around with different adhesives (except glue dots and foam dots) since I got mine. (Can't add the product onto this post, for some reason, but they carry the ATG guns and refills here.)

danielle1975
Pro
danielle1975
In response to meezerpleaser

I use the Glue Glider Pro and I haven't had any problems
Products Referenced in This Post:

Bxr-Linda
Mayor
Bxr-Linda
In response to danielle1975

Did you use glue stick?

SandraB.
Veteran
SandraB.
In response to Bxr-Linda

I also use the glue glider pro. I tried alot of different ones before but this one beats them all.

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010
In response to SandraB.

I love MONO MULTI! I love that stuff I also use the Tombo permant tape runners!

6ta
6ta 
Pro
6ta
  • 6ta on 02-28-12 05:31 PM
In response to Scrap Princess72010

i have the atg glider upstairs...i like it...had trouble at 1st but got use to it...my favorite is the snail adhesive from Stampin up...i sell the products now...but i say that without any strings attached...i have tried several types of glues...but the snail works great...

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Scrap Princess72010

ATG! I love my ATG and those pages will last forever. After purchasing the dispenser, its the best price on adhesives in my opinion. Those small disposable, even small refillable tape runner are super expensive if you do a lot of scrapbooking.

I use the glue dots (in the plastic bag, not the box - I don't care for the ones in the box) for things going on glitter paper and I use a Zig for detail work I'm or letters which are too fine for the ATG.

For velum I use a Xyron.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il
In response to Henri Jean

Ditto Henri Jean! The best is the ATG. I also have a glue glider pro but the ATG is economical.

MadScrappinMim
Mayor
MadScrappinMim
In response to scrappnmom2il

Thanks so much ladies!
No, I don't use glue sticks where as they tend to warp my paper, but I am happy to hear the Glue Glider Pro is a good one. My mom just bought me one and that's what i've used recently.
Definitely going to check out the ATG!
Thanks again for all your help!!

Sneezy1956
Guru
Sneezy1956

atg with the gold tape and you will have no problems, I have some pages that are 5 plus years old never had to re tape....my older pages with duck and many others I've had to re-tape.

yelppuppy
Resident
yelppuppy

@MadScrappinMim, so what adhesive did you use? what brand and type? Were you pages inside page protectors?

I've only started scrapbooking since a few months ago and I'm so scared my adhesive won't stick!

MadScrappinMim
Mayor
MadScrappinMim
In response to yelppuppy

Sadly I have used several and don't remember them all, but mostly from Oriental Trading. I got them for a great price, and now unfortunately I am paying the price
It is mostly a problem with my chipboard albums, but has happened to some pages and cards as well.
I am going with the ATG

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper

The Scotch Adhesive Dot roller is my favorite adhesive. I had the same problem as you. I used adhesive from Walmart, and now I have pages and pages falling apart. I am a huge fan of the Scotch!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Castle Scrapper

I use different adhesives for different jobs. My go-to is my ATG. For ribbon and making pockets in mini albums, I use thin red tape. For heavy embellies, I use my Tombo multi, and for intricate designs cut from my Silhouette I use either a zig pen or my Xyron X. I use glue dots for tiny things.

For cards that I think will likely be pitched after receiving, I use an Elmer's tape runner.

I think I have more in my adhesives box but those are the ones I use the most.

Oh! I also use a spray adhesive for adhering paper to chipboard.

mstasha
Veteran
mstasha

Everyone here appears to be against glue sticks. All I've ever used until recently is gluesticks or liquid glue. I am finding (in looking at some of the pgs I did 5 years ago) that the glue doesn't seem to hold over time. I can pull the pics off w/o too much trouble so that must be why ppl are against them? But who's going to be trying to take the pics off if they are in protectors. I tried one of the little relativly inexpensive glue tape dispensers and don't see that it works very well either. It buckles the paper underneath. I've thought about the ATG, but it doesn't seem very economical for its price. If you analyze it each pic is 4x6 so that means if you go around all edges it's 20" of glue tape for every picture which is almost 2 feet! Then you you have the matting behind that which is another 20". So if you average 4 pics per page like I do that's 160"(13') for 1 page. Doesn't sound very economical, but I don't really know. I'm kind of at a loss too and don't want to keep spending $$ on stuff that doesn't hold, warps or buckles pages or is super expensive.

MrsD2008
Veteran
MrsD2008
In response to mstasha

I recently bought a pink ATG, but haven't used it yet so I cannot attest to it's sticking power (but have heard good things!).

I like Glue Dots, especially for glitter pages.

And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my Xyron X for die cuts. I'm actually thinking about getting a bigger model at some point because it's just that good.

My good friend swears by CMs tape runners, BUT her mom sells CM....

Edited by MrsD2008 on 03-06-12 11:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Expert
In response to mstasha

• mstasha Said:
Everyone here appears to be against glue sticks. All I've ever used until recently is gluesticks or liquid glue. I am finding (in looking at some of the pgs I did 5 years ago) that the glue doesn't seem to hold over time. I can pull the pics off w/o too much trouble so that must be why ppl are against them? But who's going to be trying to take the pics off if they are in protectors. I tried one of the little relativly inexpensive glue tape dispensers and don't see that it works very well either. It buckles the paper underneath. I've thought about the ATG, but it doesn't seem very economical for its price. If you analyze it each pic is 4x6 so that means if you go around all edges it's 20" of glue tape for every picture which is almost 2 feet! Then you you have the matting behind that which is another 20". So if you average 4 pics per page like I do that's 160"(13') for 1 page. Doesn't sound very economical, but I don't really know. I'm kind of at a loss too and don't want to keep spending $$ on stuff that doesn't hold, warps or buckles pages or is super expensive.

However...the ATG tape is so strong that you do not need to go all the way around (I just do two swipes, one each on the short sides of the photo). But if you do your photos this way--once you purchase the gun itself the refills are sooooo much more economical than anything else on the market. You can get the refills at Ms or HL for $6/box of 2 with a coupon; which is $3 for a roll that is 72 YARDS, nothing out there is close to that length.

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas
In response to HuskerMom98

Nothing against Oriental Trading Company as they are very good for cheap decorations and party favors. But their scrapbooking items are not as good quality, at least in my experience. Years ago, I ordered some adhesive runners from them at a great price. Fortunately for me, the adhesive didn't even glide off the runners, so into the trash they went. I was very disappointed at the time. I now use Scotch adhesive runners for paper and liquid glue for chipboards and other "harder to bond" items.

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics