Page 1 of 20 
Username Post: March Budget Challenge        (Topic#1571203)
SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

Welcome to the March Budget Challenge!
We're here to stay within limits on our scrappy spending!!!

The rules: List your scrappy budget for the whole month of March that you would like to spend on supplies. Then, list the high priority items that you want to buy this month!

The catch: You can spend your money on whatever you want, wishlist or impulse, but you must buy at least half of the items on your wish list!!! For example, if you list 10 items, you have to buy at least 5 of those and have me strike them off your list, etc. Please, make sure to tell me when I am supposed to strike off an item!

Tell us how much you spend throughout the month, and I will keep track of it in this post. We like details about your shopping around here. No such thing as TMI! You do not have to include costs for adhesives, swaps, gifts or shipping.

Please enable and tempt us to buy the wonderful items we want....but don't tempt us to bust our budget!!!

TWISTED!!! List at least one thing you are not allowed to buy for the whole month.

PARTICIPANTS

Sonja
Budget: $80-11.80=$68.20-11.95=$56.25-22.5=$33.75-20=$13.75-4=$9.75-2=$7.75+10 g/c=$17.75-14.24=$3.51
Wishlist: Fiskars Scallop Punch, Prima Distresser, Storage items, Faber-Castell Gelatos or Watercolor pencils, chipboard pieces, G45 Tropical pprs
Twist: No Paper (except the above) or flowers!

Shayla
Budget: $50
Wishlist: Weekend Market by Bo Bunny, Wave Searcher by Fancy Pants, Awesome by Simple Stories, On the Bright Side by MME
Twist: Anything that is not on the wish list!

Tammy
Budget: $200-60=$152-5=$147-5=$14 2
Wishlist:
Twist:

Tina
Budget: $50-15=$35-2=$33-50=BUST!
Wishlist: Cricut Club, Wedding album embellies
Twist: Nothing not for the wedding ablum

Courtney
Budget: $200-131.86=$68.14-104=BUST!
Wishlist: SOD kit, Pion Papers, new DA chipboard, Authentique Loyal Collection, Prima wood tickets, Prima En Francis
Twist: NO additional paper.. BUSTED!

Kelly
Budget: $25-3.60=$21.4
Wishlist: Whatever I NEED
Twist: None

Alissa
Budget: $30-15=$15-15=$0-?=BUST!
Wishlist: Cuttlebug plates, lace
Twist: ribbon, brads, rub ons

Pat
Budget: $50-30=$20-1.99=$18.01
Wishlist: G45 Curiousity Shop, Prima wood clocks, ribbons,
Twist: No Cricut carts or stamps

Katie
Budget: $100-20.88=$79.12
Wishlist: papers, inks, cardstock, punches, stickers, stickles, storage, stuff for album gifts, McGill punches, McGill accessories or something like them.
Twist: No adhesive, nothing not on sale, and/or nothing purchased without a coupon

Edited by SonjaC on 03-29-12 11:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC
In response to SonjaC

I'll start us off...
Budget: $80
Wishlist: Fiskars Everywhere Punch Starter set, Everywhere Scallop punch, Prima Distresser, Storage items, Faber-Castell Gelatos or Watercolor pencils, chipboard pieces, G45 Tropical pprs
Twist: No Paper (except the above) or flowers!

(FYI - You don't have to reference products, but I fell in love with these at the Scrapbook Expo and have to enable a little!)

ShaylaCreations
Mayor
ShaylaCreations
In response to SonjaC

Hello, I am in

Budget: 50$

wishlist: weekend market by bo bunny, wave searcher by fancy pants, and awesome by simple stories.. oh and on the bright side by MME.. (might need a larger budget...)

twist: anything that is not on my wish list.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to ShaylaCreations

I am in and my budget this month is $200 (yes it is the last month for SU Sale-a-bration and my party is March 1 and then another friend at the end) so need to make sure we qualify and I get everything I want (and I get my bonus payout on March

I'll be back to document wish and twist as computer will be out for a few days (new fan required)

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn
In response to Ladybing Tammy

I'm in this month too.
Budget $50
wishlist - Cricut club $15, wedding album embellies
Twist-nothing not for the wedding album

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to tinadn

OK i am in...and my budget is going to be $200.
Wishlist: SOD Kit, Pion Papers, new DA chipboard, Authentique Loyal Collection, Prima wood tickets, Prima En francis papers, Prima distressing tool
Twist: NO additional paper..

I did so good for so long not buying paper, well and then CHA came out LOL...I am heading over to my friend Kelly's house on Sunday for a scrap day (she owns scraputante)....so I know I will at least be picking up these items while shopping in her "store" lol.....i have a feeling my budget will not be safe but I am going to try to not over buy and just SCRAP!!!

Stop laughing i said TRY LOL

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to newtoscrapping2011

LMAO, Courtney is going to bust by Sunday.

I'm in, but I need to think long and hard about a wishlist and budget. This month is going to be brutal.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

shush you LMAO!!! I already bought a TON of new stuff, but she has gotten some new things in.....LOL and I havent gotten my SOD invoice yet, LOL...

My goal for March is to buy less and scrap more...I have so many pretties to use up!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

LMAO @ Courtney and Kelly! True statement, Kelly! Sorry, Courtney, your reputation preceeds you!

Will get the first post updated shortly...

runzalot81
Mayor
runzalot81
In response to SonjaC

Signing in!

BUDGET: $30
WISH: Cuttlebug plates, lace
TWIST: ribbon, brads, rub ons

Edited by runzalot81 on 03-01-12 02:00 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to runzalot81

Alisaa i saving up $10 a month for something!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

I'm saving for a trip to Italy. I want to have some disposable income for that trip.

I need a 12-step program and some budget help.

I plan to spend -- $50 and that's all.

And I don't NEED anything, so I COULD just go cold turkey (except for ink and adhesive)....

I do not get to buy any Cricut Cartridges. I have more of those than I will EVER use. And stamps. I think I have enough of those too.

I might need some ribbon.

Ok. Let me go think about this and I'll be back. See? Told you I needed a support group!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to GentlewoodFarms

we are here for you Pat!

GentlewoodFarms
Mayor
GentlewoodFarms

Ok. I thought about it.

First - I work at a Scrapbook Store, so I don't have to spend ANYthing, really. Because I create projects for classes and store use, I can comp those supplies.

But that Graphic 45 Curiosity Shop and the new Prima Wood Clocks.... I gotta have those.

Everything else would just be overkill. I have a StampinUp order coming in, with some brads and a big bird diecut. I think that total is like $31. So with the $30 in my shopping cart for the Graphic 45 paper and the clocks...

I think I've already busted before I even started. That's GOT to be some kind of a record, right? Except I ordered the SU stuff LAST month - before I even joined this challenge, so do I have to count it? I'm saying not. Ok?

Adhesive. I will need adhesive. And ribbon. But I only have $20 left because I just paid for that paper and clocks.

That's all. $20. Man, I'm having withdrawals already.

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to GentlewoodFarms

lmao Pat!! we do not count adhesive in our budget since that is a total necessity!! a REAL need LOL

Love that graphic 45 line and all the Prima new wood stuff!! We are a support group all right??!! SEE HOW THEY LAUGH AT ME LMAO!!!!

Honestly though, love my fellow budgeteers LOL...even though i never seem to be able to stay in my budget...come on even Kelly has been good the past few months....BUT Tammy busted last month HAHAHA!! That doesnt usually happen..I had some good company LOL

tinadn
tinadn 
Queen
tinadn

Hi Pat:)
I don't count adhesive.
I only count what I actually pay for during the month too.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to tinadn

Welcome, Pat. You are in good company. I can't guarantee you won't bust your budget, but you will have fun time trying to be good.

BTW, I'm being good because I'm on on my way to Italy too. I leave 4/14.

Kamananui
Idol
Kamananui
In response to Kamananui

AND, BO BUNNY IS IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

It's gorgeous. Love it!

newtoscrapping2011
Diva
newtoscrapping2011
In response to Kamananui

I hope mine is waiting for me when i get home!!! i love coming home to presents LOL!!

was actually busy at work today, so I didnt do any shopping LMAO!!

SonjaC
SonjaC 
Governor
SonjaC

You came to the right place for 'support' Pat! We're so supportive here we could double as underwire bras!

Nope, you don't have to count that $30 SU order since you placed it last month (even if you ordered it yesterday - still Feb, still doesn't count against your $50!) You'll find we have lots of loopholes here... Did you order the G45 pprs and clocks today? Ya know, we've just barely started... if you need to up your budget a bit... I will look the other way...

And as far as I can tell the last several months I've been playing with this group... none of us really NEED anything we get...

SO, if I'm reading you right, your list is as follows:
Budget: $50-$30=$20
Wishlist: G45 Curiousity Shoppe, Prima wood clocks, ribbon,
Twist: No Cricut carts or stamps

Sound about right? Last chance to make budget changes...

Page 1 of 20 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics