Page 52 of 52 
Username Post: MARCH'S NEW LAYOUTS        (Topic#1571255)
tealbrand
Governor
tealbrand
In response to rockmom

yum cannot wait for next month so i can start my garden

dollscrap
Queen
dollscrap
In response to tealbrand

Anna I use the Stitch'z by Bazzill...it's like embroidery floss. I use it as is so don't know how many threads that is...the kits come with needles too so I'm no help..I also have a couple of the templates...circles and flourishes...You just take a poking tool and poke holes through the pattern onto your paper and then sew away..easy peasy....but time consuming which is why I seldom do it. I don't have a machine...well I do have a little purple thing for scrapping that I never used cuz when I went to finally use it the instructions were in Spanish.....grrr....tried to figure it out on my own and the needle got stuck...so forget that. I can count on one hand the number of layouts I've stitched on. After reading Denise's response I see what you mean about the threads or strands...never thought about counting threads but I'm a newby at the whole sewing thing..of any kind...weird too as Mom was an excellent seamstress and loved embroidery and any other kind of stitchery.

Jojo..Dopey...lol..that's a good one.
Chery'ls a nurse so she can be Doc.

Mel I am starting my garden asap...as soon as the weather clears and stays clear.

I gotta go just remembered something I'm supposed to be doing....bbl or see ya all on the thread next month.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to dollscrap

Denise, thanks for the stitching info. I love fresh green beans in bacon and onion or also with ham!

Thanks Jeannie. Gonna check out the Stitch'z thing by Bazzill.

You've been busy Mel!

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to Anna C

Anna - that is a good idea to include the link in here so everywhere can find it easily. I would be more than happy to do that.

carbphrek
Idol
carbphrek
In response to cdjohnson

Afternoon everyone....

Gardens? My thumbs are brown, I can't even grow marigolds.

Mandi- hope everyone gets & stays healthy
Mel - can I drop off my laundry?

Stitching...I use stamps & ink

ds2 who is 6yo has a karate tournament tomorrow. Luckily it in the next town up from us, no cross state weekend travel. He has been practicing his kata (basically a karate dance routine) everyday & decided he was going to do sparring "because he needs the practice". Smart little 6yo. I have to stand up high in the bleachers or I turn into "one of those parents". Oye I just remembered I need to starch & press his gi.

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to carbphrek

Stacy, good luck to your DS. Mine, he is 25, is a 3rd degree black belt in tae kwon do and he teaches. He is working to buy the school - its his dream. He will be though with his business degree this summer and will have gotten it with no loans doing it pay as you go. He has worked the whole time and paid for 99% of it by himself. Have fun at the tournament and don't forget your camera.

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Good luck to your son, Stacy!

And congrats to your Denise! He sounds like he is very grounded and focused. Good upbringing too!

Thanks Cheryl!!

Edited by Anna C on 03-30-12 10:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

JediScrapToo
Diva
JediScrapToo
In response to rockmom

Denise, yes actually we do have plans for the weekend! One of my neices is turning 16 (OMG!) this weekend and her surprise bday party is tonite. I'm running the "photo booth", have funny hats and other accessories to take pictures with. Should be AWESOME! Then, we are taking the little guy (DS) to the zoo on Saturday, just for some fun.

And, OMG, soooooo glad it's not dry this year! The San Jacinto river (I cross everyday to go to work) is getting back up to normal! YEY!

JediScrapToo
Diva
JediScrapToo
In response to JediScrapToo

a little catchin up...been a chatty cathy group this month! I blame Mandi!

Looking forward to the April Thread! Wait, it's April this weekend? No WAY!

Denise, yey! Cucumbers and green beans! LOVE THEM FRESH! We used to grow banana peppers and tomatoes growing up! We'd pick 'em and eat 'em as a snack while playing outside sometimes! so good! We also had some watermelons come up where we "spit" the seeds one year. We tried to spit them all in one spot to see if any would come up. They did, but they were small and never really good to eat.

Oh, Cheryl, I so need to dye my hair too! I don't have grays (well, too much) but I have brown roots about 3 inches long! Yikes!

Mel, that petrified wood is INSANE! I bet that is worth a pretty penny!! Beautiful!

Terry, congrats on winning a challenge!!

Good Questions Anna! I don't stitch on my layouts, but I think it looks awesome, and have wondered the same thing! We learn so much from each other! Awesome! And, thanks Denise for the tips!

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to JediScrapToo

Just stopping in.. I have some I just uploaded to my galllery but I will post them when I get back.. on my way out the door in a few minutes to bring Jessa back to the doctor.

Anna- that one layout I just glued the twine down

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to SQ Mandi

ACU2H

cdjohnson
Governor
cdjohnson
In response to cdjohnson

The April thread is up and here is the direct link:

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15731...

rockmom
Governor
rockmom
In response to cdjohnson

cya in April!

Anna C
Anna C 
Angel
Anna C
In response to rockmom

Signing off and moving over to April! See you there!

scrappin 2
Governor
scrappin 2
In response to Anna C

don't know which month to use so I'll say hi in both. lol

Have a great day everyone.

Tishd
Tishd 
Queen
Tishd
  • Tishd on 03-31-12 06:49 AM
In response to scrappin 2

Hello all you good people, I actually need to finish catching up in the layouts for March (not to far behind, but I want to catch up) and I am going to move to April....

Guess I will chat in there and then come back here!

decisions, decisions......

Page 52 of 52 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics