Username Post: die cast machine that doesnt require internet        (Topic#1571273)
New Kid On the Block

I use a tablet for internet usage. Upon reading on E and E2 I get the feeling I would need to update it using the internet. The describitions never state if a computer or internet is required.

I started scraping back in 99 but stopped for a decade. Not feeling I had the correct stuff to do the pages justice. Now I have a scrap room, work table, organization, better quality tools. I have gone to Walgreens to improve pictures and create them to be a 4x6. I am waiting for my shippment for Scrapbook Generations as I feel I need help with layouts. Also looking forward to my Cropper Hopper that will organize 2000 pics that will allow me to keep pictures organized by topic and also seperate the pics that still need to visit Walgreens.

But I still get this feeling that I want a die cast. But seems like a lot of cart are childish.

I have also read a lot of reviews on how difficult some if the machines are. With me finially getting back to scraping I am not desiring an additional headache or another hold up on my hobby. So I debate with myself if I should just use my stickers and avoid the die casting machines all together, more so since I do not use a regular computer.

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to srod0212

You never HAVE to update the firmware on the Cricut machines - a computer and internet are not required.

I agree, a lot of the cartridges are very childish and cutesy, and I like to reward them when they put out something with a more realistic style - Destinations and Quarter Note are lovely, and many of the alphabet cartridges are more adult than cutesy.

CrimsonMama
Mayor
CrimsonMama
In response to srod0212

I just purchased the Spellbinders Grand Calibur. At first I thought I would never buy a machine but I then I liked what I saw here. I am with you in that there is a world of carts I don't care for. The dies with the SGC overall I like better than any other cutter. But the cool thing is it allowes the flexibility to buy dies from other companies and use those too.

Electronic is a completely different thing and does allow you to do things you otherwise could not, but that was not important to me. Call me old fashion but I like manual!

I recommend you visit some of the manufaturing websites. Spellbinders has alot of good info and videos. I am sure the others do as well. Also Scrapbook.com has a lot of product demos on this site.

HisGEM
HisGEM 
Diva
HisGEM
In response to CrimsonMama

The Cricut (E, Create, Original and E2) does not require an internet connection unless you are using the Cricut Craft Room. Otherwise, you do not have to update the firmware. The Imagine DOES require a firmware update if you use newly released cartridges; otherwise, not necessary either. The Mini does need a computer and or gypsy to operate.
The Slice does not require an internet connection either. I don't have one of these, but some people either love it or hate...no in between.
Not sure about the E-craft, you can use cartridges and/or the computer for this. Don't believe a computer is necessary though. HTH

Bev1
Bev1 
Guru
Bev1
  • Bev1 on 02-29-12 01:43 PM
In response to srod0212

The Epic 6 is a manuel machine,no computer needed.You can read about it here in the store.There is also a video about most of the diecutting machine.Good luck in your search.

MrsD2008
Veteran
MrsD2008
In response to Bev1

Sizzix is another company that has a manual machine.

I have the original Sizzix, second hand from a friend and I do love it, but I find I want to upgrade to an electronic machine. If you think you'd be happy with a manual machine for a while, I think that would be your best bet.

Good luck and welcome!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to aquabunny

• aquabunny Said:
You never HAVE to update the firmware on the Cricut machines - a computer and internet are not required.

I agree, a lot of the cartridges are very childish and cutesy, and I like to reward them when they put out something with a more realistic style - Destinations and Quarter Note are lovely, and many of the alphabet cartridges are more adult than cutesy.

I thought I was the only one that thought the carts were cutesy and cartoonish. But I did pick up the elegant borders, ribbons and rossettes and the 2 that came with the CE2 when I bought it. I love flowers, butterflies, borders, tags and such. I dont forsee buying alot of carts like I did with my Slice. They are just too expensive and dont have the styles that I would like.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics