Page 2 of 501 
Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to designguyKORY

Payday Friday here!
I went to M's with the intention of purchasing a BigShot or BigKick. However, the empty boxes were on the shelf but when I went to the checkout, the manager said the only one they had was one the crop class uses and they can't find all of the parts for it. So I ended up buying the Texture Boutique. I also picked up a Tim Holtz texture folder and several texture folders for the TB. I just got home from town, so I have not had a chance to play with it yet. The TB was $39 but I think it was even lower plus I used a 40% off coupon so the total ended up being $43. I love PayDay Friday.
Products Referenced in This Post:

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to scrapnread

I bought stickers, ribbons, ATC cards, a picture frame and binder refill pages at HL for for 50% off. I also got a Valentine Lion for 90% off of the 3.99 price. LOL paid 40 cents.

At M's I Bought Bling for 40% off, a pad of PP for 50% off and a 3pk of Stickles for a penny. Yes it rang up for one cent.

At Jo-anns I bought A pad of PP 50% off, A rubber stamp and a stamp set for 2.97 on clearance. I also got a box of cards with envies 50% off, a skull embellishment, an eiffel tower wood embellie, and a stamp set from the dollar bin. Plus I got to use a coupon for $5 dollars off of $25.

I love coupons and sales.

My goodies By Armygirl

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Count me in! Today I went to a new (to me) craft store on my way to an appointment in another town. They had Viva Pearl Pens!! I've been wanting to try them. Plus they had some interesting blends of embossing powder. I also found an inexpensive pack of paper doilys which I'm going to use Glimmer Mist on. It's been a while since I've spent money on anything crafty. I'm pretty excited!

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Mia1979

oh snap! Have you had the Cricut before? I had my g'f's here for like 2 months and I never used it. Her carts were not fun (to me) i see some now that are .... but Im really liking the cameo

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to armygirl

i dont even see stickles at our M's let alone for a penny *faint* I did forget i picked up 5 of the photo box's for 10$ to organize my cd of stamps ... if thats the way I go :]

armygirl
Diva
armygirl
In response to Sassie

I saw the photo Boxes at M's, they had some nice black and white demask and print ones, 5 for $10 good deal.

Edited by armygirl on 03-02-12 11:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Mr Mister
Veteran
Mr Mister

Yes its payday for both me and Mrs Mister. We are up early tomorrow and heading to Sewing Expo at the Puyallup Fairgrounds. It's the largest sewing expo in the country and my wife's company has one of the largest booths there. I go looking forward to the booth that sells pcs of antique kimono fabrics, the Vagabond Gypsy booth and a handful of others that have products that cooly cross over into scrapbook country. On the way home we plan on stopping at a LSS and signing up for a workshop with Laura Denison - I am so looking forward to that. My Sb.com order will be delivered next Wednesday. It's going to be a good week!

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Mr Mister

I did my damage on Thursday =)
I needed magnetic tape...had a bunch of J's coupons so off I went before going to work

The magnetic tape was $5.99 - 40% off but I ALSO had that 15% off entire purchase that I couldn't just let go to waste!

I bought:
- A mini easel (to hold the calendar I'm gonna make)
- A long panel of corkboard (was planning on attaching that to the side of my Expedit unit to hold snippits of layouts, photos and such)
- A leafy Spellbinder
- 3 12x12 DCWV paper stacks (love the ones with the bling on em!)
- 1 small mat stack (to match the summer stack)
- 3 Tim Holtz sticker packs (loveeee that they match his paper stacks-that Christmas one is my FAVE)
- 9 packs of various chipboard sticker/embellies
- one of those "green" shopping bags they sell (I have a ton and always forget to take them with me)

Good thing I'm on a "scrappy diet", eh? Gotta save the funds for the Orlando Expo (yippeeee) in May!

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to DittoBabyGirl

I need to find this magnet tape .. can someone please direct link it for me!!! WHen I go into the store I cant find anything but narrow rolls??!!

I was wanting like a thin sheet?

Momto3infinity
Pro
Momto3infinity
In response to Sassie

I have a box of Avery magnet sheets I bought at OfficeMax for $14. It's product number 3270. You get 5 sheets per box. They run through your printer to create your own magnets. They are very thin sheets, you have to add your own adhesive. Keep a smile M.

Edited by Momto3infinity on 03-03-12 08:15 AM. Reason for edit: They're 8 1/2 x 11

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to Momto3infinity

I've spent so much, Lord knows I DO NOT need to buy anything else!!!! However I am still eying that CE2 over @ HSN.....Theres a specific cart I want: Ribbons and Rosettes, however they dont have it and J's online is out of stock. Havent seen it in M's or J's store. Also I have the Slice Elite and Slice Fabrique just waiting to be used. I bought alot of Tattered Angels spray mist and rubber/acrylic stamps. I got the Dear Lizzy Neopolatin set (ppr, stamps, embellishments) and countless other things. I need to stay away from the stores....

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Momto3infinity

I purchased a few templates from right here at sb.com! Everywhere else was sold out!! And the shipping was pleasantly reasonable. I also picked up some Clearly for Art film to play with from somewhere else. Can't wait to get my goodies!

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Manda_K

oh which templates did you pick up? Im actually template & mask shopping here now :P

DittoBabyGirl
Governor
DittoBabyGirl
In response to Sassie

• Sassie Said:
I need to find this magnet tape .. can someone please direct link it for me!!! WHen I go into the store I cant find anything but narrow rolls??!!

I was wanting like a thin sheet?

I found these here:

QuicKutz - 4 x 12 Adhesive Sheets - Magnet

I had purchased a box of magnetic sheets from M's. There were 3 sheets in a box...about 8x11 I think? Maybe a lil smaller. I paid $6.00. Very thin with adhesive backing. They weren't good for what I wanted but I'm goinna cut em with my Cricut and make fridge magnets.

GIGIGI30
Expert
GIGIGI30

• designguyKORY Said:

Whoa, GIGI! Way to GO!

You put me to shame!!

Kory

LOL....I'm growing up and learning from the best...Go Kory, go go!!!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979
In response to armygirl

• armygirl Said:
I saw the photo Boxes at M's, they had some nice black and white demask and print ones, 5 for $10 good deal.

I bought 1 a few months ago that really caught my eye, I think during christmas. It was torquoise and black houndstooth.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire

Living from paycheck to paycheck is NOT the way to go. I hope you have some savings set aside for retirement or for a rainy day.

Sorry if I'm being a killjoy, but I'm a rather pragmatic person. If I have to wait for "payday" in order to buy some little goody for myself, then I really can't afford it.

Maybe you do have savings set aside for the important things, and your paycheck is used for bonus items. That's perfectly OK. People who don't have to worry about where the next meal is coming from are the only ones who should also worry about supporting the economy.

It's just great to be creative, but also do the math!

aquabunny
Idol
aquabunny
In response to Solitaire

I agree completely with what Solitaire said.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to aquabunny

I am editing this because a previous post made me feel like I had to justify my spending and explain that I thought spending on payday was fine as long as money was put aside for savings and bills.

However, after thinking about it, I don't have to justify my spending so I deleted my previous post.

scrapnread
Guru
scrapnread
In response to Solitaire

• Solitaire Said:
Living from paycheck to paycheck is NOT the way to go. I hope you have some savings set aside for retirement or for a rainy day.

Sorry if I'm being a killjoy, but I'm a rather pragmatic person. If I have to wait for "payday" in order to buy some little goody for myself, then I really can't afford it.

Maybe you do have savings set aside for the important things, and your paycheck is used for bonus items. That's perfectly OK. People who don't have to worry about where the next meal is coming from are the only ones who should also worry about supporting the economy.

It's just great to be creative, but also do the math!

Actually, we live so far from town, (more than 55 miles from the nearest store) that we try to go to town only a couple of times a month. Sometimes the road over the 5k mountain pass is so bad that we don't feel safe driving to town. We are fully stocked on food, toiletries, etc. but we do save our fun money for town trips. I very rarely buy online, I like to see, hold and use whatever I spend my money on, right away.

Page 2 of 501 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics