Page 3 of 501 
Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Solitaire

Calling it 'PayDay Friday' is just something fun I decided to title a shopping trip a few weeks/months ago- and cuz it rhymed in a fun way to say way, it stuck and I've kept saying it- I am not living paycheck to paycheck. I also don't wait until my payday to buy something. I also don't have to wait until my payday to buy something.

I really believed my post to be all in fun- I certainly wasn't telling the forum to abandon responsibilities and go into debt to buy up the Bo Bunny.

I certainly didn't imagine that my post would cause any concern or lead for me to discuss my finances.

If I had said, 'ohhh it is payday, I've been living on two dollars a day for a week, now I can go spend all my money on paper!,' then maybe, I would expect it.

I also was NOT saying 'support the economy,' in any way other than just a joke- I didn't mean it as a DEMAND to all- to go buy things.

I have a great job. Sometimes I even have more than one job. Not because I have to, but because I enjoy stage managing plays and since I also get paid when I stage manage, it's a double bonus- fun and more money. I also surprisingly don't spend money as wildly on other things- I've never even had a car payment because I'm happy with my big old truck, and I see no need to spend much more than I could ever spend on scrap supplies, just so I can drive a flashy car.

You can also set your mind to rest about my future. I have savings. I have things set up. I don't think I've really worried about money for nearly twenty years. Yes, I'm old enough to say 'twenty years ago, when I got my first apartment and didn't have money to spend on hobbies.'

So, don't worry about me. I do the math. I do my OWN math.

::::Maybe you do have savings set aside for the important things, and your paycheck is used for bonus items. That's perfectly OK.:::::

That would be okay? I am so glad you've cleared that for me, and I have your approval.

I also hate to say it, but I don't even believe that your 'concern' is genuine. Based on other posts you have made, you seem very unhappy about something and you don't care much to see anyone living too joyfully. I'm sorry for that.

-kory

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to designguyKORY

*smooch* kory! I LOVE your pay days! It gives me great insperation ... and I sooo need that man stamp!! ROFL I loved the Vegas stamp site years ago I am sooooo excited to see there still up and running because there you find things you wouldnt ever in normal stores

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Solitaire

• Solitaire Said:
Living from paycheck to paycheck is NOT the way to go. I hope you have some savings set aside for retirement or for a rainy day.

Sorry if I'm being a killjoy, but I'm a rather pragmatic person. If I have to wait for "payday" in order to buy some little goody for myself, then I really can't afford it.

Maybe you do have savings set aside for the important things, and your paycheck is used for bonus items. That's perfectly OK. People who don't have to worry about where the next meal is coming from are the only ones who should also worry about supporting the economy.

It's just great to be creative, but also do the math!

Yea his fun post's are not the place for killjoys. I have to wait until pay day monthly :P

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010
In response to Sassie

I live through Korys posts! As I do not make much and can't spend as much as Kory does, I budget myself and only spend what I can on scrappy supplies! Korys PayDay posts cheer me up and can't wait to see what he creates with all his goodies! It cheers me up knowing that its payday for Kory I look forward to it everyday after work!!!

Also I dont think that you have a place to talk about someones fiances when you have no idea what they do or dont have. Its the easiest way to offend someone. I personally think that it was a bit rude.

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to Scrap Princess72010

Sorry, Kory, but my comments were not directed at you personally. It was just a general observation. Other people on this forum have commented on supporting the economy -- I don't remember who or which thread it was.

I was born during the great depression and my parents taught me to be very frugal about spending. I remember begging my father to let me have 15 cents to buy a "Polly Pigtails" magazine once a month. It was almost like pulling teeth.

Mr Mister
Veteran
Mr Mister
In response to Solitaire

• Solitaire Said:
Living from paycheck to paycheck is NOT the way to go. I hope you have some savings set aside for retirement or for a rainy day.

Sorry if I'm being a killjoy, but I'm a rather pragmatic person. If I have to wait for "payday" in order to buy some little goody for myself, then I really can't afford it.

Maybe you do have savings set aside for the important things, and your paycheck is used for bonus items. That's perfectly OK. People who don't have to worry about where the next meal is coming from are the only ones who should also worry about supporting the economy.

It's just great to be creative, but also do the math!

Solitaire, I'm not sure why this was said. It sounds like a character attack directed at Kory and has nothing to do with the general topic of the thread and Kory shouldn't have to defend his personal business. I personally hope this stinker doesn't throttle the light-hearted joy Kory brings to many of us. It's one of the things that inspires me in scrapbooking and keeps me coming back. I hope you have a wonderful week!

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Mr Mister

I have to agree with Mister and a couple of others, Solitaire, I read your post as a personal attack on the way Kory chooses to spend his money. As this isn't anybody's business but his own, I don't know why you felt the need to comment at all. I believe that in matters financial, religious and political, it is best to keep opinions to oneself unless asked.
Please don't try to justify your comments by bringing up when or how you were raised. We all have backgrounds and history that influence our decisions and actions, but we don't try to make anyone else live by our standards.
I truly hope you find something to enjoy about life, there really is a lot more good than bad if you take the time to look and keep an open mind.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Mr Mister

Go Kory Go! Don't change a thing! I look forward to your payday adventures - they are wonderful! Thank you for sharing them with us - you add tremendously to the fun of scrapbooking.

It makes me smile and remember when I used to have paydays. I used to love the shopping that went with paydays!

I no longer have paydays - I have social security check days. Probably shouldn't say that or I may get a lecture for spending my social security checks on scrapbook supplies.

Kory, keep posting your payday treasures! You are the best at finding the fantastic deals! You inspire me to want to try to save money and shop a little smarter. But I can't - you are beating me to all the best deals.

Scrap Princess72010
Expert
Scrap Princess72010
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:

I no longer have paydays - I have social security check days. Probably shouldn't say that or I may get a lecture for spending my social security checks on scrapbook supplies.

hahaha Henri! Love it!
  • Quote:

Kory, keep posting your payday treasures! You are the best at finding the fantastic deals! You inspire me to want to try to save money and shop a little smarter. But I can't - you are beating me to all the best deals.

Yes Kory keep your wonderful posts coming! We all love you!

Sassie
Sassie 
Idol
Sassie
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
Go Kory Go! Don't change a thing! I look forward to your payday adventures - they are wonderful! Thank you for sharing them with us - you add tremendously to the fun of scrapbooking.

It makes me smile and remember when I used to have paydays. I used to love the shopping that went with paydays!

Thats what i ment for monthly :P Lecture me all ya want ... i do what I want

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Sassie

What I love about Kory's payday shopping posts is that he uses what he buys, and then post for us to see how he used a new product.
I find it so sad that I have things from forever ago that I have not used. I have gotten better about it. I don't buy much anmore since we have no craft stores for me to think I have to use coupons at. I make a trip to the "big city" every three months to take my mom to her dr and she always treats me to a trip to Joann and Hl but sometimes all I buy is adhesive.

PS: I have nothing saved for the future or a rainy day. (Kept telling my daughter she would be responsible for me in my old age. She thought I was serious and ended up in therapy.)

Solitaire
Veteran
Solitaire
In response to NMlady

OK. I get it now. So it was all just in fun. I guess I was taking it too seriously. (I'm a natural-born worrier.)

My apologies if I happened to offend anyone.

Enjoy!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Solitaire

LOL, my blog post today is about my Friday shopping! Although it wasn't PayDay, I did take some time for myself, got some great bargains, and even found some rarities that I'd been searching for!

Keep up the fun post, Kory!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tanyaham

Life is so serious that this is where I come for escape! I do love it here!

NMLady - you brought up an excellent point. I buy so much I never use. I have never used my Twinkling H2O's. All of my micro glitter is in the jars. And it is totally unrealistic to think I could ever use all my patterned paper in one lifetime!

I also admire that Kory uses what he buys and tries new techniques and really enjoys the different things to experiment with.

That is something lacking in me and I need to be more adventurous with my supplies! Maybe I'm using all my stored up supplies vicariously through Kory!

Kory really has inspired me to scrapbook outside my man-made scrapbooking box I've created and test the limits a bit.

When I get through scrapping this last cruise I may play with my micro glitter and twinkling H2Os a bit.

Kory's energy and enthusiam is just infectious to me and I love it! I also love the input of our men here. Mister Mr. adds so much.

So many different personalities here but somehow they all blend to make this a really cool place.

scrappnmom2il
Expert
scrappnmom2il

• designguyKORY Said:
Calling it 'PayDay Friday' is just something fun I decided to title a shopping trip a few weeks/months ago- and cuz it rhymed in a fun way to say way, it stuck and I've kept saying it- I am not living paycheck to paycheck. I also don't wait until my payday to buy something. I also don't have to wait until my payday to buy something.

I really believed my post to be all in fun- I certainly wasn't telling the forum to abandon responsibilities and go into debt to buy up the Bo Bunny.

I certainly didn't imagine that my post would cause any concern or lead for me to discuss my finances.

If I had said, 'ohhh it is payday, I've been living on two dollars a day for a week, now I can go spend all my money on paper!,' then maybe, I would expect it.

I also was NOT saying 'support the economy,' in any way other than just a joke- I didn't mean it as a DEMAND to all- to go buy things.

I have a great job. Sometimes I even have more than one job. Not because I have to, but because I enjoy stage managing plays and since I also get paid when I stage manage, it's a double bonus- fun and more money. I also surprisingly don't spend money as wildly on other things- I've never even had a car payment because I'm happy with my big old truck, and I see no need to spend much more than I could ever spend on scrap supplies, just so I can drive a flashy car.

You can also set your mind to rest about my future. I have savings. I have things set up. I don't think I've really worried about money for nearly twenty years. Yes, I'm old enough to say 'twenty years ago, when I got my first apartment and didn't have money to spend on hobbies.'

So, don't worry about me. I do the math. I do my OWN math.

::::Maybe you do have savings set aside for the important things, and your paycheck is used for bonus items. That's perfectly OK.:::::

That would be okay? I am so glad you've cleared that for me, and I have your approval.

I also hate to say it, but I don't even believe that your 'concern' is genuine. Based on other posts you have made, you seem very unhappy about something and you don't care much to see anyone living too joyfully. I'm sorry for that.

-kory

Kory, please don't change a thing. I love reading about your Payday Friday's. Like others have said, you are an inspiration. I love seeing the bargains that you get and I love reading your stories. They always make me giggle.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to scrappnmom2il

Why, thank you!

And thank everyone for your kind words!

I will admit that I was a bit more than offended that someone would talk down to me like that AND question my finances, but I never once considered changing one thing- I will still hunt for my famous bargains (although many of you have been beating me at my own game, lately!!!) and I'll still post my crazy stories.

I actually put up with lots of that kinda thing- and it's usually the same demographic that does it- I remember once, when I worked in travel, a person berated me for weeks, she was jealous that I had a better schedule than she did and I didn't have kids, she didn't think I should spend any money to go on vacation- I was 'too old' to be going on 'a spring break trip' and I should be doing this or that, she loudly voiced her disapproval that a coworker and I went out to eat every PAYDAY FRIDAY- saying we shouldn't waste money on going out to eat THAT often.... and on and on. And when I would ask why my life seemed to bother her- she couldn't give me a real answer. Some people just don't like to see other people living happy, happenin' lives, I guess.

But, anyways- thank you all for your kind words. "If I could love, I would love you all."

;-)

I've started making a mini-book for my boss, this evening. Not because I'm a beep-kisser, but because I actually love her! She's going out of town to visit her daughter in 64 days (She reminded me today, lol) and I thought it would be great to give her something to put some photos in and remember her trip. I'm using those 1.00 chipboard albums form Ms, which I only had to give up one tin of canned beans to buy, if you're interested.

-kory

ScrappyMama6
Mayor
ScrappyMama6

• designguyKORY Said:
Why, thank you!

And thank everyone for your kind words!

I will admit that I was a bit more than offended that someone would talk down to me like that AND question my finances, but I never once considered changing one thing- I will still hunt for my famous bargains (although many of you have been beating me at my own game, lately!!!) and I'll still post my crazy stories.

I actually put up with lots of that kinda thing- and it's usually the same demographic that does it- I remember once, when I worked in travel, a person berated me for weeks, she was jealous that I had a better schedule than she did and I didn't have kids, she didn't think I should spend any money to go on vacation- I was 'too old' to be going on 'a spring break trip' and I should be doing this or that, she loudly voiced her disapproval that a coworker and I went out to eat every PAYDAY FRIDAY- saying we shouldn't waste money on going out to eat THAT often.... and on and on. And when I would ask why my life seemed to bother her- she couldn't give me a real answer. Some people just don't like to see other people living happy, happenin' lives, I guess.

But, anyways- thank you all for your kind words. "If I could love, I would love you all."

;-)

I've started making a mini-book for my boss, this evening. Not because I'm a beep-kisser, but because I actually love her! She's going out of town to visit her daughter in 64 days (She reminded me today, lol) and I thought it would be great to give her something to put some photos in and remember her trip. I'm using those 1.00 chipboard albums form Ms, which I only had to give up one tin of canned beans to buy, if you're interested.

-kory

Seriously Kory.....if you spend yourself into the poor house, and have nowhere to go, Im sure we would all take turns lending you a couch or a basement til you got back on your feet....

Provided you brought all your toys and let us play too!

Then your blog posts could be about the generosity of (most) other scrappers and seeing the country! Win-win!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to ScrappyMama6

Hahahahaha,

I thank you!

You make being in the poorhouse sound so fun! See the country and scrap! lol

-kory

corrie fan
Diva
corrie fan

I am sad because I can't play. I don't have PayDay-Fridays.

I get paid every other Wednesday

Doesn't sound as fun as PayDay-Friday.

ChansGram
Queen
ChansGram

Seems there always has to be a few " Debby Downers" in every bunch!
Keep on keeping on, Kory!
BTW, for those who haven't joined yet, head over to his blog where he is equally entertaining!!

Page 3 of 501 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics