Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to terrihooper

I have been working on two wood birdhouses that I pulled out of the dollar bins at Ms! I've finished one- but not happy with it, it needs something... don't know what that it needs, but I experimented with making a flower from kraft and the Tattered Florals die. It looks like kraft but replace the 'k' with a 'C' and subtract the 'ft' at the end and add a big 'P.'

I used some 7Gypsies paper to cover it and I love that part!

And I added one of the charms that TheEllenBee sent to me- it was a charm of a little wine barrel. Why that one? I dont know if birds drink wine, but I also don't know if they DONT drink wine, so it's fine with me.

I was ten minutes late to work this morning. I'm supposed to be here at 8, but I woke up at 7:39. I don't think I've ever moved as fast as I did this morning.

But I'm still suffering a Benadryl drowsiness hangover. I can't wake up! I feel like a zombie. A zombie with congested sinuses.

Daytime sinus pill, save me! Rescue me!!!

My plan for tonight is to do a layout.

hmm. okay, ran out of things to ramble about.

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to designguyKORY

I finally have a day off today and so far all I have done is spend the morning taking my dog to the vet for an ear infection. Why must he roll in everything that smells disgusting? I really want to spend the rest of the day is my scraproom but we have this major graduation party for my daughter coming up this weekend and some things just have to get done. I am going to try to dodge the raindrops and do a little cleaning up outside so hopefully some of the people at the party will go outside. If not, it is going to get awfully crowded in my house!/ It is supposed to rain all week! I am hoping they are wrong, they usually are.
Kory, of course birds drink wine! Why do you think so many of them crash into windows?? I just wish they would learn to sleep in when they have a hangover instead of b**ching about it at 6am!

craftywithacricut
Tenant
craftywithacricut
In response to crazycricut

Oh my - maybe that's why my husband killed a bird on his way to work last week. He said it was awful and scared the heck out of him. It flew right into his windshield! Birds - stay out of the wine!!! LOL
Leave it for us humans who may or may not act more responsible while drinking it!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

SO I have been investigating this new phenomenon called washi tape to see if it is something I NEEEEEDDDDDD-- My thoughts are YES, absolutley-- especially if I can get to a T soon (not one close by) and get the 4.00 packs. I watched tutorials on making my own (I LOVE to make my own stuff) and will def do it if I find tissue paper I love. My next thought on it is this: Why not buy the medical paper tape and stamp, mist, WHATEVER on it to make your own-- I think you can get it for like 1.00 per roll at a walgreen's/cvs etc....maybe even at WM
I am going to try it--
I am sure my birds drink wine- especially if they take after me sitting on my porch watching them!
K- sorry about the sinuses! hope the clear soon! Good job on being so just a little late to work!
Lynn- I hope it doesn't rain and the weather is pretty for you! It stinks to have to entertain a BUNCH of people in limited space! They end up everywhere!!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I loves the Washi, terrihooper! I've got thirty or forty rolls of it- it is all over the place. A few of my favorite rolls, at the moment, are the Ms/Recollections brand- esp the roll that's white with black arrows on it, and one that looks like a light blue plaid.

Another roll that I love is the one (which I *think* is Trendy Tape) with the black/red/deep yellow(?) chevron pattern.

And Crafty- about the drunk birds- every once in awhile, one will slam into the window of the office here at work- scares EVERYone. They supposedly put something on the windows to keep them from flying into it- and it did stop most of it, but maybe once every two months- KAPOWWWW!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

Thanks for the tips on your favs Kory! I will check them out!

scrappyjae
Tenant
scrappyjae

I've got one.....how about a wild turkey flying into a windshield on a van. Got one of those this morning at work. Boy....did it tear up that windshield. Must have drunk Kory's whole box of wine.

Kory-good find on the spellbinders. I never pay full price for them either, and you are so lucky. I have been trying to get Lacey Circles, but they are sold out in all the shops around here. Heck....our local J's doesn't even carry the spellbinders anymore.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to scrappyjae

when I was on the 19th floor the turkey buzzards would next in the building sign and stare at us through the windows while we worked and stared back at them! Everyonce in a while you'd hear a big bang cause one would not judge the distance correctly!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Kory - when we were at the night market in Hong Kong Bill bought green lasers for each of my sons and one for myself. The heavy duty strong ones that are illegal to sell in the U.S.

The next strenght up - you can actually point it at a match and it will light it. No thank you!

I can easily see Bill pointing that thing into every parked car from inside the house!

A car with a loud boom speaker went buy a few weeks ago - really annoying. When he got to the stop sign a couple houses away and stopped Bill shot the green laser into his car. The entire inside of the car lit up green and he turned the "music" off and started cussing but he didn't see BIll insdie the house.

crazycricut
Guru
crazycricut
In response to Henri Jean

Kory- thought of you today while shopping at HL. In their jewelry section, in the strung beads they had some gear shaped beads and I know how you like your gears! They would lie flat on a page and look really cute but with 3 daughters, I don't have much use for gears. I think it was the "Explorer" collection. There were 14 beads for $3.99, I think. But every other one was a smaller bead that didn't look much like a gear to me but maybe in the right context it would work!

Edited by crazycricut on 04-30-12 04:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Oh! I'll hafta check it out!

My favorite find in the HL jewelry section was their 'Timeline' collection- with little charms based on things from different decades. Lots of my friends got ball-chain necklaces with little metal cassette tapes on them. lol I loved those little cassette tapes!

-k

craftywithacricut
Tenant
craftywithacricut

Crazycricut - I just bought those gears 2 weeks ago. They are for a rak for a friend. They are the cutest! I don't really have any use for them since I haven't gotten into steampunk...but I do think they are cute! I must have gotten screwed though because mine don't have 12 in the pack - but I did get them when they were 50% off!!!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to craftywithacricut

Timeline collection, huh? Sounds like something I need to look for to embellish the title pages of my through the years albums from my swap a while back-- long while back-- WOW-- I didn't think it had been that long (2 years) and I finally got all the pages into their albums last week!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

LMAO @ drunk birds, that's awesome! It would make sense why they dive-bomb stuff or fly silly ... I know they used to eat wine grapes at my friend's place, so there may be something to that .... LOL

Terrihooper-I was late to the washi train, and LOVE it! I initially got a few of the new Queen & Co ones to match some paper I ordered ... then I got 3 more Bella Blvd "designer tapes" ... and the other day I went to Target at lunch and got all 4 colors of their tapes, and have used them several times! LOVE!!!

Kory-I'm soooooo feeling you on the sinus issues. I've got horrendous allergies all year 'round, and so far, the last few weeks have been the worst in some time for me. Hang in there, soon it will be summer!!!

Darla-I forgot to ask more about the Pet Pantry thing ... email me a few more details, what the volunteers do, when the next meeting is, stuff like that. Sounds like something I need to look into further!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tanyaham

Will y'all please stop talking about all the good work you're doing for the world? You're making me look bad.

haha

I do NOT know how I'm gonna sit still all day. I'm finally eligible for a new phone and I want it NOW!

And I want to be at home to make the MAY2012 tag, as soon as Mr. Holtz posts it to his blog.

AND I started a layout last night, which I had to abandon when I had to head downtown to the Civic Center for a 'production meeting' for this new show I'm stage managing, which I've found out is set in a junkyard (and no, it isn't CATS) which frightens me, because the 'Artistic Director' envisions the set as spilling out into the audience and even into the lobby area- which means lots of work to clean up afterwards. Also, there's snow in the last scene, which means more work. Whatever happened to those nice modern plays with a bare stage and a bare light bulb?

-k

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

OMG! I am so over this day already! Actually, I'm just over this freaking job. I was off Friday, and felt so good all weekend, my headache was back by 11:00AM yesterday, and of course never went away last night so I didn't sleep well, and still have the headache today. I know it's stress-induced, and I'm trying my hardest to chill and just let the day happen around me, but when the boss lady starts in before she even sets down her purse, that plan flies out the window.
Calgon, take me away!!!!!!!

Mia1979
Diva
Mia1979

I went back to work today. Ohhh the agony. I want to be at home finishing a LO.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Mia1979

Me too, Mia- my unfinished layout is screaming in agony! It's crying to me, 'PLEASE KORY COME FINISH ME!'

ChocklitDee- Sorry to hear about your headache- stress induced headaches are the WORST.

I will need to be tied to my chair, today. I'm so ready to do a hundred other things that I. CANT. SIT. STILL.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

I know, I have so many things I'd rather be doing!! I've got things to shop for and scrapbooking to do!! LOL

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

Hey, Tanya, I sent you a PM with info about the Pet Food Pantry, didn't want to make Kory feel bad by talking about it here, LOL!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics