Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-30-12 06:50 AM
In response to Henri Jean

Morning everyone Rob and I had a great day yesterday driving around looking at homes, hit this neat little frozen custard place, and then a very romantic wine bar to wrap up the evening.

Today, we are going to see Les Miserables, but that's not until 6 so I am hoping to get a little scrappy time in while I do laundry too.

Have a great day everyone!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

Enjoy Les Miserables - I would love to see that one!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Momto3infinity

Henri how is Joe doing?

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Hey, y'all! Hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Henri, glad to see y'all are back home. Keep us updated on how Joe is doing and any news you get from the doctor on his surgery.
Nothing newsy going on here, my first week back to work pretty much wiped me out so I've been lazy all weekend. Today I'm doing a little laundry and making a couple of cards for work friends who are very ill, and then more being lazy.
Y'all enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to chocolateaxel

how sweet of you Darla to think of others when you yourself have come through so much.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Joe's good - he and Bill went to a flea market this morning and now they have gone to the shed at the rental house to do some license plate work. I think Bill has several orders to get out.

Joe took a machete so they are probably going to clear some of the lot too.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

Thanks, Tammy, but I can't do any less. During my ordeal, I learned how blessed I am with the outpouring of love, prayers and good wishes, not to mention the gifts and cards that poured in, from my long time friends and from friends I've never even met in person. These 2 work friends are going through far worse ordeals than mine, and they are very dear to me, so I'm just doing a little "pay it forward". Hopefully my cards will lift their spirits a little and make them feel as loved and special as I felt.
Henri, sounds like Joe is feeling well, I'm sure y'all are all anxious to hear from the doctor about the surgery and to get it done and over with. I am still sending out prayers for y'all, and will continue until the surgery is done and he is 100%.
Catch y'all later, my dryer is calling me.................

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

and that my dear Darla is what it is about.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

Yes, ma'am, you are so right about that!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 09-30-12 08:29 PM

Well Henri I think you would love Les Mis!!! It was amazing. They changed it up a bit for their 25 year anniversary and the whole production is spectacular! It might even pass Kory's inspection

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Vae

Jealous, jealous, jealous of your seeing Les Mis, Jarvae! I would love to go.

Henri, so pleased about Joe.

Darla, congrats on your first week back at work and STILL having the energy to tell us about it. That's huge.

And if we're still talking about being "all caught up", then here's my take. I didn't start scrapping until 4 years ago. We have no children, all our physical photos were in storage, and both DH and I are avid snappers. We could take a couple of thousand between us on a vacation. There is no way I would ever be caught up in the literal sense, and I wouldn't want to scrap everything, anyway.

So the plan I came up with was to have an album for each year starting now (2008), and work backwards as well as forwards. I would commit to one LO for each month of the year (more than that is an optional extra), and being "caught up" meant that I had completed this month's LO and was working on the past albums. It works for me.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to RedSquirrel

That sounds like a good plan that would work Rosie.

Every one scraps so differently and for such different reasons. Its good you found what works for you with your scrapping.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Henri Jean

Les Mis is one of my favorite musicals!

I am sick now, stupid sinus infection. But, since it is the first, we are so busy, I am working. Ugh.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to RedSquirrel

Heyyyyy everyone! Good morning!

Jarvae- The Les Miz tour gets here next week. What's changed? I saw it on Broadway so many years ago. It's a little too classy for me. lol I remember really liking it when I was about 13, tho- I thought it was the best show ever. I've been thinking about going to see the new tour.

I did celebrate PayDay on Friday night- a little bit. Got a few things at Jo-Ann - some Tim Holtz stuff: the Destinations paper pad, the pine cone die AND one of the new 4-packs of Cuttlebug embossing folders. Anybody seen the new 4-packs? I got the one called "James' Set" - some really cool patterns.

The rest of the weekend was kinda lost... Saturday, I had to run downtown to repaint the stage floor of the little theatre before another company's show moved in, then to a storage unit to help re-organize costume storage IN THE RAIN, then to a coworker's son's birthday party. All with an injured neck. Have I told yall about my injured neck? I thought I just slept wrong but IT IS STILL HURTING. :-/ I can barely turn my head.

I did make a cool Halloween tag, tho! I need to take a picture!

oh I hate Mondays.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-01-12 07:15 AM
In response to designguyKORY

Kory, I actually think you would like it. The sets have mostly all been updated and I will say they are GORGEOUS!!! The colors, the lighting, really amazing. I actually kept thinking I wish I could take pictures during certain scenes and turn them into patterned paper. There are more special effects than before- in my opinion it makes it much better than the original. The cast is outstanding. Last night was their closing performance and I think that is always a good one to see because it seems like they really give it all they've got. I think they did a better job connecting to the audience than previous productions that I've seen.

Diva

I will have some extra money this pay day so I am planning to buy more adhesive (a lot) as I am working on a few projects.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-01-12 07:41 AM
In response to bayamonesa1

Ooooh I almost forgot! Rob bought me the Tim Holtz tiny attacher this weekend He failed to understand how it was not just a stapler, but he bought it anyway

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Vae

I fail to understand how it is not jut a stapler lol

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Bingy! HOW do you fail to understand it is not just a stapler?! Do you have one? I am weirdly obsessed with it- I am obsessed with it... I use it and will then just stare and admire the result. lol

I LOVE THE TINY ATTACHER!

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to designguyKORY

I agree with Korybean, I don't know why or how to explain it but I just love using it and the way the results look. I think it's one of those things you just have to experience before you understand it, lol.
Hey, y'all, hope everyone survived Monday. My day was so freaking busy, we have so many idiot clients that can't get their cr@p in by month end, so they jam it all in the first working day of the month. Duh! If you missed month end, what's the point in cramming it all in on the first? It's not going to do them any good until this month ends, so why the rush now? Some people are just clueless!
On an up note, yesterday I made a couple of cards for the whole department to sign and send to the 2 co-workers who are so ill, and everyone really gave me alot of compliments on the cards. Now my hope is that the recipients enjoy receiving them and that it helps brighten their day.
And another good news moment, I didn't realize until today that next Monday is a holiday! YAY! As much as I'm glad to be back to work, a 3-day weekend will be nice. Especially if I'm as tired by the end of this week as I was last week, lol.
Hope y'all have a great evening!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics