Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to chocolateaxel

Had no idea it was a holiday!

Our calendar is starting to get full. I have a crop October 6th. The following weekend we are will probably go to my mother's house in Alabama. If my son and his wife can go, then we will go to, and it gives me a chance to take the baby her gift.

My mother has not missed Sunday School in 50 years - she has rearranged schedules and even checked herself out of the hospital early when she had a hysterectomy 30 years ago. She doesn't miss.

The churches in our area did not have Sunday School on Easter Sunday morning so she will not come spend Easter with us becuase she will not miss Sunday School - it is that important to her.

Anyway, there is a big party for her (which she is not going to like becuase she does not go every Sunday for attention, its a private thing for her) but, the church is having the party so a lot of family is going.

Then Joe has the test where they look at his brain for the inside. Don't even want to think about that one.

THen most likely we will leave on October 22nd for a 16 day cruise - starts in Quebec, goes to a lot of places in Canada, goes to New York and Charleston (I want to eat at Hyman's Seafood) and ends up in Ft. Lauderdale. We are seriously considering it.

We get home November 7th and will have a house guest that day who will stay for a week.

Then on November 19th Joe has 3 more tests but none with a pain factor.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Henri Jean

Hey y'all!
I survived the weekend, and Monday. Just barely

We finally got the patio cover completed, no thanks to my elderly dad who thinks he needs to "supervise" everything. There was a collective sigh of relief when he finally left. Today was super busy at work, but I did make time to place an order on here this afternoon!

One fun thing we did over the weekend was get together with some dear friends we haven't seen in awhile. We used to hang out most weekends, either go eat dinner, then drink and play Rock Band or make some grub and watch a DVD. We've both been super busy lately, so we made it a point to cook out and watch some UFC on Saturday night.

A few weeks ago, I decided I would make her an album for her birthday this year. They just got back from their annual trip to Mexico, and I've been dying to use my Echo Park Paradise Beach collection kit. I just got an 8x8 album and some matching cardstock and went to work. I finished it a lot quicker than I thought I would, so I was too excited to wait another two weeks for her birthday and gave it to her. She loved it!! She even cried! It made me feel so good! I was super happy that she truly enjoyed it!

Better grab some dinner before all the Monday night sit-coms come on. Have a great evening, everyone!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tanyaham

Sounds like she loved it Tanya. That makes all the work and time you put into it worthwhile!

SO much fun to get together with friends. I miss that a lot becuase we don't really have freinds we wo thinkgs with here in Ocala.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Yippee!! Just booked a week trip with my BFF to go stay at my DD house in Tampa. I'm so excited. Will have to find that cabana boy for sure this time. ,I got so sunburned last trip. Time at the pool with the most awesome slide that starts up in the trees, Clearwater beach here we come. Again.

Just us girls for a week. We get to decorate her house for holidays. Her style is very classic. Black,,white, grey, tan. Not much on walls. No chockies. Clean, simple lines.
But she wants the front porch fixed up for trick or treat. Maybe we can make last thru thanksgiving. It will be fun working on someone else's house. Can't wait.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SherylEb

Sheryl, please call me when you are on 75 - I'd love to meet you for lunch when you are coming through - or dinner. Just a few minutes off the interstate.

Sounds like such a fun trip - when is it?

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

I pmd you

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to SherylEb

lol Kory - no I don't have one because it looks just like a tiny stapler (which I don't really use much in my scrapping anyway) but show me the light my friends and who knows I have come to love sir Tim.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Ladybing Tammy

I have to give Tammy some support here ... I, too, do not understand the Tiny Attacher phenomenon. I used to have a mini stapler when I was young, and it looked similar. I also don't really staple anything, other than at work.

Please enlighten us!!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-02-12 06:11 AM
In response to tanyaham

Well, it is just a stapler. A totally bad-a stapler guaranteed to make you weep with happiness. It will complete you.

Actually, I try not to buy too many toys just because we are very limited on space in our one bedroom apartment. But I had another stapler that had smaller staples, but they really looked kind of flimsy... almost "accidental". Like I forgot to cover them up or something. On some projects where I want a more industrial look, I like to add a few staples in a row, and the regular and mini ones I had just didn't look right.

The Tiny Attacher, however, has very NICE sturdy staples. They are smaller, but they are thicker and the way it staples is very clean and sharp looking.

My stapler also seems to leave dents around the staples, and I don't like that. The Tiny Attacher doesn't do that. Very clean looking. When you look at the back of the staple, it is very even and clamps all the way down (doesn't leave the kind of bowed out wings that normal staples do). It's a tight fit even on only one piece of cardstock and doesn't wiggle around and leave extra space.

And I love the size- it's perfect for when I want to staple ribbon... even my skinny ribbons that larger staples don't work with (the ribbon will slip through)... and other embellies, chipboard, whatever. Small enough to cover them if I don't want them showing, but I don't even know if I would want to cover them, they are so cute!

Plus, and this might be what it's really about... you can tell that it's not just a standard staple, and that in itself makes it look more part of the design. Not that there's anything wrong with using regular staples, but when you KNOW it was something that was designed specifically for scrapbooking, somehow it just makes it look better to me.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Vae

Thank you, Jarvae! I really do like how Nichol Magouirk uses hers for so many things ... maybe I'll look into it!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-02-12 06:43 AM
In response to tanyaham

Hey, any time! Normally I don't promote specific products but I like this one a lot. Plus we used a 50% off coupon so it really was reasonable- only $8.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

Okay - now I'm sold too. Guess I'd better start shopping for one. Do they have them in the box stores?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

well I doubt I would find it here easily or cheaply and ultimately it is still JUST a stapler to me which I don't use because I just don't do industrial type layouts.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Hey, y'all, hope everyone is well today.
I've been catching up on the great Tiny Attacher debate, lol. It is "just" a stapler, and I don't do industrial type layouts or cards either, but the sturdy tiny staples just look so cute when used to attach a tag, ribbon, flower or any other embellishment, I use it so much more than I thought I would. It doesn't have the typical staple industrial look, which I like, it integrates so nicely with any type of style. I'm not trying to be an enabler, lol, just saying that I love mine.
Sheryl, great news that you are going back to Florida! Hope you have an awesome time again!
Y'all enjoy the rest of your day and evening!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

Okay, yall- I am speaking what should be THE FINAL WORD on this-

The TINY ATTACHER is *NOT* "JUST" a STAPLER! It is a thing of magic and beauty. And if it were just a stapler, HRH Mr. Holtz would've named it 'the little stapler,' and not THE TINY ATTACHER!

And it doesn't just work on industrial style things- f'realz, it looks good on anything. ANYTHING, I tell you! And I demand that you run out right now and buy one! Get one at Ms with a coupon. Trust me, everyone needs a little stap- OOPS, TINY ATTACHER!

;-)

-k

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

P.S. Ms Tanya, where is the Dog Walk going to be this weekend? Sounds like something hubs and I might need to come check out.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to designguyKORY

I totally agree with Korybean, but was trying to be subtle about it.
Seriously, it doesn't give an industrial look to anything it is used on, it just looks GOOD!!! LOL!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Last Thursday when we brought Joe home from the hospital we stopped at Cracker Barrel for lunch and they had a large resin Turkey that would be so perfect on my Thanksving dessert table. But I didn't get it.

Went to the Cracker Barrel in Ocala this afternoon and they only got on in. Pricey but I grabbed it. I don't know why. I haven't been home to cook Thanksgiving dinner in 4 years, but I'm ready this year!

While there they had life-sized Santa boots to put on the hearth with fur trim. They were $39.99 and yep - got those too!

Cute little Christmas tree - glass that changes colors. Too cute not to get.

And then on to the Halloween section. They had the cutest little resin dogs - a dashound dressed in a hot dog costume with ketchup on it and a cord in his mouth with a pumpkin. Just too cute.

Then of course I had to have the dog dressed like a banana and the dog with the Frankenstein mask on top of his head and the dog with the funny nose and glasses costume.

One new outfit for granddaughter (should be shot for what that cost) and a very inexpensive cape for me becuase we are considering another cruise in a couple weeks and if we go it will be cool on deck.

Okay, bad Henri. Bad, bad Henri.

Got a block against this page I'm trying to scrap and thought shopping might help me get over it. It didn't.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

What is a "Cracker Barrel" and how does one buy lunch and shop for cute Halloween/Christmas stuff in the same place?....enquiring minds want to know!
(The only "cracker barrel" I know is a company that makes cheese....)

Alison

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-02-12 04:06 PM
In response to kiyawinn

Henri, yep, they have THE MAGNIFICENT AMAZING tiny attacher at box stores. I got mine at HL with a coupon, but I know they have them at M's as well. J's has them online but I don't know if they have them in stores.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics