Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to kiyawinn

Cracker Barrels are country-type restaurants with fantastic gift shops that you have to walk through to get in and out of the restaurant. They usually (conveniently) have a wait to be seated, so of course you browse through the gift shop...and they always have seasonal items with seasonal background music. Then while you eat, you keep thinking just how much you really NEED all the things you saw earlier, so afterwards all these items jump into your arms as you try to walk out the door. By the time you've stuffed yourself, then overworked your charge card, you can relax and ponder the damage you just did to your financial future while rocking in one of their wonderful country rockers out on the front porch. Oh...and if you really enjoy that rocking, of course the rockers are for sale also :>)

I know by experience CBs are in a line between the CA/AZ border straight through to FL, but I don't remember off-hand how far north they go. Personally, I think they're a bit expensive for the food, but the menus are all the same, so if you just want a place that you know what to expect & has decent hours for travelers, a Cracker Barrel is a good stop.~Judy

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to kiyawinn

Alison, Cracker Barrel is the greatest inventon ever! A restaurant, with a large country-type git store where you wait to get in.
Cracker Barrel hashbrown casserole is my favorite. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it. They do have good gifts, a nice cold sasparilla and sit in the rockers out front. Doesn't get much better!

I have to agree about the tiny attacher. It is wonderful. I got mine years ago because I thought I may use it some and I love it. Like Jarvae said, very flat neat staples. I use it alot. Ribbon, TH film strip (which I TOTALLY love).

I gotta go. My wireless keyboard is skipping a lot of letters. I just put new batteries in it to. Back/kidney is killing me this evening, and it could be the painmeds I'm on,but I'd rather blame the keyboard. Better not use my nifty new CutterPillar cause I could lose a finger. I do love that thing.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to mrsdriver5

I just looked and it looks like Cracker Barrels are all over...except for CA. We're not a business-friendly state :>( We have to drive over to Yuma, AZ if we want to go to one (180 miles each way, but sometimes we do it just for the ride). If you're ever in South Portland, ME, you might try one. That's probably the closest to eastern Canada.~Judy

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Sheryl, so sorry you are feeling crummy! And I know they are a necessary evil, but I am so incredibly glad to be off the painkillers I was taking for what seemed like forever. My mind is clearer and I of course am not so groggy feeling. I am finally getting back in the groove at work, but am still a bit tired by the time I get home every day. I know it's still going to take a little more time until I am operating at full capacity again, but like with the recuperation, each day is just a little better. I hope you feel better soon too! Maybe you will feel well enough and not have other plans and can meet us at MHF for Demo Day this month. Watch their blog, I think it's going to be a week early this month because Lisa's son is getting married on what would be the usual Saturday, but it looks like they are going to have some great new product in just in time for Demo Day. Would love to meet you in person.
Henri, sounds like you made a haul shopping in Cracker Barrel. Sometimes they have some really unique fun stuff in their gift shop, it's hard to resist!
Y'all have a great night, catch up with everyone tomorrow.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

Cracker Barrels are in all the southern states, maybe a lot further at every interstate exit. They are always very close to exits, never more than a block or so.

They have a big country store with darling (but pricy) seasonal blouses and sweaters - (now there are tons of pretty blouses and sweaters for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas) and lots of cute home decorating things and baby clothes and nostalgic candy and toys.

I can spend hours just looking at things because it is different than you find in other stores.

Once you go in, in the back corner is the entrance to the restaurant. At certain times there is a wait to get in - sometimes for 30 or 40 minutes so you shop while waiting for your name to be called.

There are big rocking chairs out front and big chess tables set up.

The walls in the restaurant are decorated with old tins and pictures and other old country stuff. The meals are actually pretty good southern cooking and you can get breakfast any time.

I love their hash brown casserole, their chicken pot pie, chicken and rice casserole and their cinnamon apples.

I'll post a link so you can see what I"m talking about.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cracker_Barrel

http://www.crackerbarrel.com/

All of the Cracker Barrels look just alike with the big country porch across the front lined up with big porch rockers.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Henri Jean

Alison Maine is definitely NOT the closest - there are Cracker Barrels in Michigan and deifnitely in Pennslyvania but none of those are really close to you either. If you get to the States I suggest you try them - my dd and I love em.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Ok Kory do you have anything on your blog displaying this little bit of magic thingy-ma-bob stapler?

And we don't have anything M's over here but we do have something called Hobby Craft so if y'all show me purty pictures maybe I will hunt one out.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Good morning, y'all!

1. Next time I need something to buy at M's or HL with my coupon, I will break down and get a Tiny Attacher. I said it out loud, in print, so now it's official.

2. Henri - In 2010, a few months after my boxer died and we'd adopted another, some friends were at Cracker Barrel and found the most adorable Halloween decoration that they gave to me. It's a huge boxer, dressed like a pirate, that has a basket for candy that you leave on your front porch. It's probably 3.5 feet tall, it's huge! And adorable. And it looks just like my Junior, and late Maxwell. We just got it out of the storage area so I could put it out this year!

3. Darla - the dog walk is at Reeves Park, in Norman. You can get all the details on Second Chance Animal Sanctuary's website, or from the links on my FB page or blog. I'm bummed about the weather being cold, but looks like several of our friends will come out with their pups, we'd love to have you guys join us!!!

4. After the dog walk on Saturday, I'm coming home to watch OU Football. Then, I'm scrapping, decorating for an upcoming party and working on our Halloween costumes. That is ALL I'm going to be doing through Monday. I only a have a few layouts to go to finish my Las Vegas album finally, and have 3 layouts waiting to be done as well. I have a dress to sew, and some decorations to finish for our annual OU/Texas party. I'm excited to be crafty!!!

Have a great day, everyone!!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to tanyaham

Hey all! I am sick, was off work yesterday and went to the Dr. and got antibiotics, yay. SO maybe I will start feeling better soon.

My parents are coming in on Saturday, I hope that we are all well by then!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Manda_K

What y'all gonna be for Halloween, Tanya?! I don't know what I'm gonna be, yet!!!!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to designguyKORY

Manda hope you feel better soon!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SherylEb

SHeryl and Manda - sorry you are both feeling bad - or feeling puny as we say in the south.

Hope you are both feeling better fast.

Tanya - I remember the pirate dog you mentioned. I wanted it so badly and went back to get it and they were all gone! But the pirate dog was my favorite! There were 3 different dogs in costumes I think and they were all large and so cute. I wanted them to put on the hearth of my fireplace. We never use the fireplace. We'd burn up in central Florida if we actually lit it! So I just decorate it for holidays.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

KK - If I can find the things I want/need, I will be a Lion (can't believe I've never been one, since I'm such a proud Leo, even have the symbol tattoo!) and Josh will either be a Ring Master (what I'm hoping for) or a Zookeeper (what he will be more comfortable in). I keep trying to push the fact that if he's a Ring Master, he'll get to carry a whip! I keep hoping he'll bite at that selling point, LOL!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tanyaham

Tell him the ring master is manly. If I tell Bill anything is manly he will go for it.

WHenever we have to choose something and he's undecided, I tell him the one I like is more manly and he will pick it every time.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

LOL Henri! I can't get Kel to dress up. Ever! Just me and the kids! He walks with us, but he doesn't dress up.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Manda_K

Thanks guys, my voice is SO bad today, I hope it lasts!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Manda_K

The past 3 years we have been on a cruiseship on Halloween. On the last one people really planned and dressed up. I had a dress made to be comfortable - floor length muumuu which was black from one direction and red from a different angle and had silver spider webs covering it - from the novelty fabric dept at Joanns.

I was the black widow. Bill felt he was dressed up because he wore a Blackwater shirt. Not dressed up - it was one of his old polo-type uniform shirts brom Baghdad with Blackwater and the Blackwater logo on it.

The two other cruise ships didn't do much for Halloween - a Halloween party and party and the staff was dressed up. But the last one people really dressed up! I'm just not willing to pack heavy for a cruise with things I will wear once although I did take the Black Widow dress.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

That dress sounds FANTASTIC!! Would love to see photos, if you have any!

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to tanyaham

kansas City, St Joseph, and Des Moines have Cracker Barrels.

This pay-day Friday I'm going to the CK convention and hope to find a lot of stuff I just HAVE to have.

I don't do any embossing, so think I want to get a heat tool, embossing powders, etc.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to 4tgrfans

Tanya! I forgot that we're both proud Leos! lol

for some reason, I love that YOU want him to be a Ringmaster. lol

I have no idea what to be!!!

I had so much fun last night- I MADE TWO PAGES IN AN EVENING!!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics