Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

I talked to hub again tonight about an ipad, he's totally on board and planning to get it soon! I'm definitely ready! And lucky for Korybean! If I have any trouble, hubs can help me figure it out. He's very tech savvy, much better than I am. So KK, you will not have to pack a lunch and drive yourself out to the sticks to help me, LOL!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to chocolateaxel

We took a cruise to Alaska a week or so ago with friends from Hawaii and we had dinner with them at night and went to the piano bar with them but in the ports we didn't do anything together. That worked well. They did what they wanted to do and we did what we wanted to do and had a wonderful time talking about it together over dinner and sharing pictures!

But for the LV trip every March his daughter and her husband join us for the week and some years that is the only time he sees his daughter so he doesn't want to take off to do what we want.

Same with her sister and her partner - that may be the only time we see them some years.

However, picking out a place to have dinner For up to 10 of us is impossible! The day we get there I'm ready for it to be over every year!

We may resolve it next year by going a couple days before anyone else does.

Bill's sister and Bill's brother and niece and most of the rest of the family go into shell shock at the price of anything and Bill and I don't mind paying for nice shows and dinners. Same with his daughter and her husband - they don't mind paying for expensive evenings.

I think that is part of the problem. Part of the family doesn't want to spend anymore more that fast food prices and cheap buffets and Bill and I as well as his daughter and her husband want nice evenings to remember. That causes a lot of the problem.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Henri Jean

Sounds like Bill needs to find some other time during the year to travel to visit these people so that while in LV y'all won't feel so obligated to spend time with them. And if they want to cheap out, that's their problem, y'all can't make it yours. I'm basically kind of an antisocial witch with a B, my philosophy is different from most other people. I'm like here I am, here is where I'm going and what I'm doing, if you want to join me, fine and dandy, if not, your loss!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

I SWEAR, my life must always be an adventure!

First of all, tho, TANYA! I had no clue that a production of ABSINTHE had opened in Vegas! It had been such a hit in NYC in the 'Spiegeltent.' There was one of these tent thingies outside of my apartment in Melbourne- it looks more permanent than 'tent,' tho- and it had all kinds of crazy shows in it- then a few years later, I saw that it had moved to NYC- then this ABSINTHE show started- and I'm so jealous you went! It sounds so fun!!!

So, yesterday, the air conditioner at the house BROKE. We all convince ourselves that it's 'fine.' I guess coming in from the heat, an 85 degree house just feels 'cooler' for a few minutes. Clearly, the heat was affecting everyone- we're all doing something to convince ourselves that we're fine. I even sat down and finished a project. I can't wait to take pictures of it!!! Anyways, the heat really gets to us- I managed to say 'hotellllll' before dying. SO I'm checking in at the front desk, and find out my drivers license is expired. Now, I'm up early so I can get a cab to work. I've been driving on an expired license for almost two months!!! And had no clue! Why? I never look at it. It's the job of the bouncers and liquor store cashiers to let me know when it's about to expire, right? I could've ended up in prison. You have any idea what they do to such good looking men in prison? That's right. They make you work in the cafeteria. And believe me, I didn't sleep my way to the top to end up a lunch lady in a prison!

Obviously, the heat and lack of proper sleep is having an effect on me. It's not even 7am and I'm ON!

DARRRRRRRLUHHHHHH, didja get the iPad yet?! Hurry!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 08-02-12 07:53 AM

Wow, you guys have been busy while I was away. I had to go to NYC for work. I know... HAD to. Life's hard right? LOL NYC is one of my favorite cities so my only regret is that I was only there for 2 days. I'll be going back in September though and I think I'll stretch it out into the weekend.

Every time I go to Vegas I look at Absinthe and want to see it, but the reviews I saw weren't great and there's always soemthing else to see instead. Now that someone I know has seen it and loved it, I will definitely go. Thanks Tanya!

Henri, I've seen Jersey Boys and it's my #3 favorite show ever (after Into the Woods and Wicked). I highly recommend it.

Darla, I'm pretty much like you when it comes to travel.
When we went to Italy we went with another couple. We set expectations ahead of time by telling them that there would be times we would want to go do our own thing and be by ourselves and that if they are going to get their feelings hurt by that, then we shouldn't go as a group. It ended up working out perfectly. Out of the whole two weeks, we did quite a few things together, but I think we spent more than half the time apart and just meeting up in the evenings or whatever. It worked out great. Now we have 2 other couples who want to go on trips with us because they know that we won't suffocate them either and nobody has to babysit anyone else. I think more people are like that than want to let on, but everyone's too afraid to hurt anyone else's feelings. Luckily I'm about as straight forward as you can get and so far it seems to work out pretty well with my travels.

pinkpaperairedale
Guru
pinkpaperairedale

A few moths ago I had payday Friday from tthe Superstore and got a Renee Clip it up. Hubby "installed" it this morning and I am happily filling it up.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Vae

Classy taste, Jarvae! Well, you almost lost me right away by mentioning JERSEY BOYS. But you redeemed yourself with INTO THE WOODS. ;-)

F'realz tho, what a great show. So much fun and then so depressing. I love it. lol I wish I could be in NYC right now to see the revival in Central Park!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to designguyKORY

Korybean!!! No iPad yet, I'm still struggling along using my phone, and I gotta say - its a pain in the booty!
I can't believe you even considered living in a house with no a/c! It's too freaking hot for that! Your brain must be fried! I can't wait to see what kind of project you were able to complete while suffering from heat stroke!
And I too am jealous of Ms Tanya, I should be in Vegas enjoying myself instead of laying here suffering! Just a few more days til I see the neuro, I can't wait!!
Hope everyone has a great day!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 08-02-12 10:30 AM

Oh. My. Gosh. So I went there on Monday to get in line for tickets for Into the Woods. I didn't even know they were having it in Central Park until I got there. I waited in the standby line for an hour and a half and they ran out of seats I was more than depressed. I tried to get tickets on Tuesday and couldn't get them either. They are free but you have to be there during the day to get in line for them, and since I had to work... no luck. Sucks. And by the time I go back there in September, it will be over. So sad.

So, I must ask, what's your beef with Jersey Boys? True, it's not classic broadway, but I still thought it was very well done. However, from a stage manager's POV I would love to get your perspective on it.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Vae

The design of the new ITW is nothing but amazing. Especially the way they do the Giant. And the costumes. You can 'rent' a digital copy of the revival in London that this revival is based on- it was outdoors, too. There's talk that it may transfer- so who knows, we might be able to go see it (tho not the same, outdoors, which I think might add to it-)

-k

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

KK, we absolutely LOVED Absinthe! Laughed our @$$es off!! Just to be clear, it is NOT a show for just anyone. If you are offended by cursing and well, anything, don't go. If you enjoy laughing and possibly being made fun of (hubs was the butt of a couple of jokes) then by all means, it's fantastic! KK, I've got much more to tell you about the show and who I saw there (it's on my FB)!

Sitting in Sky Harbor Airport in Phoenix right now, waiting on our flight home. Only a few more hours until I get to hug my puppy dogs!!! : D

So, speaking of group vacations ... I'm not a fan. We went to LAs Vegas with friends a couple of years ago and I didn't have a very good time. But kind of like my nephews wedding layout, I tried to focus on the fun and laughs we DID have.. LOL. After booking our trip several months ago, and my sister-in-law helping us with our buddy passes, we found out a couple of weeks ago that she and our brother-in-law would be going to LV as well, and our trips were overlapping. Just last weekend, she and I talked about us getting together for dinner or a cocktail or something. She mentioned another couple they were going with, that we'd met ona couple of other occasions. We set aside our day yesterday to hang out with them. Apparently my brother-in-law had other plans, which didn't include us at all! He made some crappy comments to The Hubs, which really caught him off guard. I said "I guess they just want to be with their friends," and it wasn't until then did Hubs figure out they went with others. BIL didn't bother to tell him, so he got upset at that too. So late afternoon yesterday, BIL sends a text basically saying we could tag along to dinner with 'their group' and we declined. Awhile later, we see on FB that they were tagged at a restaurant with 6 other people! All they had to say was that they were going with a large group, instead of leading us on in a way. It hurt Hubs feelings that his sis would be like that... Oh well....we had fun anyway....

Looking forward to finally getting home and going through all the approximately 800 pics, plus watching the video of The Hubs Sky Jump off the Stratosphere. He did all 3 rides a couple of years ago (Xscream, Insanity, and the Big Shot), so this time he did the Sky Jump, basically a controlled base jump/free fall off the top of the Stratosphere (855 feet)!!

Anyone know of a good online photo album site? I've never used Photobucket... but I'd love for you guys to see my pics when I get them downloaded!! Anyone use Picasa? Or, just friend me on FB if you'd like, they'll be there for sure...

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to tanyaham

Oh good grief!! This is why I don't do challenges! I tried to get out of my comfort zone and submitted a layout to a challenge last month. There were like 13 or so entries, and I didn't make the top 5??? Huh... clearly the voters have a different taste in layouts. I voted for ONE out of those that made the top 5.... Wow. OK then, learned my lesson. Again.

LOL, Hubs just leaned over and asked if I was making an "angry post?" and my answer was a sweet, smiling, yes. LOL

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tanyaham

You get your iPad, Darrrrrla?! Tell your huzzbin you asked and you better get.

Has anybody else seen 'Female Trouble'??! I've been saying lines from it since about 3pm. I don't know what started it, but everything has been reminding me of it- "I better get them Cha-Cha heels, I asked and I better get!" "But Dawn, honey, nice girls don't wear cha-cha heels!" "I'm gonna take all my Christmas presents back and get the money for 'em, you can do that, you know."

and, of course: "I got me a knife in my pocketbook."

So, if anybody is interested in how my broken air conditioning and subsequent hotel stay turned out:

The air conditioner fixer-lady showed up yesterday, Thursday, about 5:50pm. By then, I'd got off work, got home, changed into 'summer clothes' and hightailed it back to the magic of hotel air conditioning. I love hotel rooms. When I was a kid, I wanted to grow up and live in one. I love them. And the sounds of the air conditioners in ALL of them seems to drown out background noise and make me calm.

So imagine the fun when I woke up this morning to get ready for work and realized I forgot to PACK SHOES. Yeahp. When I went home Thursday, I changed clothes and forgot to take some 'nice' shoes with me to wear this morning. And, since I haven't been able to get to the tag agent to renew my two month (surprise) expired license, I was taking a cab to work this morning, in my socks.

Luckily (or strangely) I keep a pair of slippers under my desk, because, I guess, I'm Mr. Rogers and like to change into them when I get to work in the morning.

Tomorrow, I will renew my license! And since I'll be dragging my sad tired body out of the house into the burning dawn, I guess I might've well head up North to Paper Arts. It's been a good while since I visited! Anybody wanna meet me? C'mon, it'll be fun. I'll let you buy me a bloody mary somewhere.

Tanya! I LOVE your angry posts. First of all, cuz they're fun. 2nd of all, because if that's you ANGRY- wow, I still have lots of growing to do as a person. hehe

Jarvae, I'm still trying to explain why I don't like Jersey Boys. Mostly, it's personal. The Drowsy Chaperon should've won Best Musical. As for the show, it's mostly all style and directorial tricks- which is a GOOD thing, I'm not putting that down- that's amazing. And it's another example of why I could never be a stage manager for a big big musical on Broadway. That show probably has 1,100 cues. Just watching a big musical can exhaust me as I keep track of the cues. lol It's kind of a sickness. Even without having ever seen a show, just going on instinct, I can spot a cue that is half a second off. And that's why I get ulcers watching some amateur musicals. Plays, the cues are easier to nail. And if you really ever want to get me going, give me half a bottle of wine and ask me to explain why I hate RENT and then feel fond of it two days later.

Okay, gotta run to the liquor store, as soon as I dig out my passport (cuz this WILL be the day they decide to ID my old self).

-k

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Kory, do you not have to go meet with the drivers license guy (formal name, i know) and have him put it in the computer so you can go renew your license? In our town you do. And he's only here one day a week.
Our towns electricity was out one day last summer and I went to Edmond and spent the night in a hotel. I am not staying in a hot house! I had PT in Edmond one afternoon and a dr appt the next morning, so it made sense to me anyway. I love hotels too. Someone to make my bed and clean the bathroom for me. Turn down my bed and put the little chocolate mint on my pillow. I love it. And room service...gotta have it. My breakfast brought to me so I can eat in peace and look as bad as I want.
My next door neighbor is on vaca so we are pool sitting this week. I just wish it was a little cooler. It's too hot to swim till late. It's been 115 for three days in a row here. Yuck!
I went to PA last weekend, so better stay home and make something this weekend.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to SherylEb

Ya know, I have no idea about getting my license renewed. The last time it was expired and it came as a shock to me that it had, I just went to a tag agency and renewed it- the first agency sent me away, saying they hadn't paid the state for some licensing fee that would allow them to renew an already expired license, and so they sent me to the big one on Classen. And they did it right there...

With the way things change, who knows what nightmare is waiting for me.

And yes, this isn't the first time my license expired. I just can't keep track of EVERYTHING! lol Some things sneak up!

Makes me miss 'the old days,' when my Grandpa knew everybody in town and could call someone up and they'd 'unsuspend' my license and bring me the paper TO ME AT THE HOUSE to take to the tag agency to get a new one. Yeahp. I've even suffered the indignation of a suspended license. Stupid 18 year old self and thinking a ticket would just cease to be, without paying it...

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Oh that's definitely the nice side of me being "angry." I had typed and deleted about 5 very tacky, crappy, sarcastic things before I left it alone. What I *really* wanted to say, was ... that next time I enter a challenge, I may just do the ugliest, most boring, looks like 10 years ago, supplies from a garage sale with a blurry photo layout, and see if THAT will allow me to place, since THAT is exactly what ALL the top 5 "winners" looked like!!! Phew ... wow. Glad I finally got that off my chest, LMAO!

Also, I whittled down my trip photos into a little over 300 to post in two albums on FB ... LOL Thanks for the friend requests too, they've been approved!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tanyaham

Are we friends on F'book, Tanya? There are 90 year olds with better memories and Facebook skills than ME.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Yes, sir, we are!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tanyaham

Just checking in. Ready to sleep for a night in my own bed at home but its not in the cards.

Had dinner with my son, his wife and our new granddaughter near Atlanta tonight. Can't believe that baby will be a year old next month. I was holder her, forgetting what it is like to hold an active toddler and she got my glass of tea with her foot - dumped it right over. Tea and ice cubes in my lap and everywhere.

Tomorrow afternoon, if all goes well, we board a plane for North Island (San Diego) and have a room booked there tomorrow night and Sunday night. We are going to try to get on a flight out of San Diego going to Hawaii (Ohau) scheduled for Monday morning.

Problem is that the flights are not reliable - they are military flights and very much subject to change or cancellation so here's crossed fingers.

I want to get to Hawaii, get through with the work we have to do and get home in time for my crop August 24th.

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

Hey, Korybean and everyone else! I'm still here and hanging on, thanks to pain pills, nausea meds and an ice bag for my head.
KK, I don't have an iPad yet, we talked about it this evening and hubs said he would go get tomorrow. YAY!!! I'll let you know as soon as I have it in my hot little hand. And with the crazy high temp we've been having, my hand will be very hot! This heat is killing me! I agree with you, Kory, I may not survive the summer! I feel that way every summer! I do so loathe hot weather!!!!!
But on the flip side, like y'all I adore staying in hotels! It's so nice to not have to think about keeping things neat and cłeaned up, to just toss the towels over the tub, and know someone else will come along and pick stuff up, empty the trash and make the bed. I love it!
Okay, no energy for anything else tonight, y'all enjoy the weekend, chat ya later! Hopefully from my new iPad tomorrow!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics