Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to designguyKORY

ALSO- y'all seen the Sihouette PORTRAIT in the New Arrivals section?! So it's smaller than a Cameo? For some reason, I thought a Cameo only cut 81/2X11? Ohhh I still aint bought my Sihouette- so maybe this'll be the one! lol

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

TWO pages? AWESOME!

HL has 30% off all TH stuff....just sayin.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Manda_K

Yeah- but that's a ripoff- putting TH at 30% just keeps me from using a 40% coupon on it! lol

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

HAha!! Well, you can only use the coupon on one thing! LOL

I picked up a few small items yesterday while waiting for my RX. I hate being sick! Now, my voice is all but gone, but hello, I talk on the phone ALL DAY!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Manda_K

Hey, y'all! I'm home from another great day at work. If they would just turn me loose for about 5 or 10 minutes with a couple of our problem clients, my life would be so much better! I understand people make mistakes, even I (believe it or not!) make mistakes, but it shouldn't take 4 freaking hours to fix their screwup! Other than that little issue, I'm still glad to be back at work. It has really helped to get back into a routine, I'm actually sleeping through the night now! YAY! That probably helps me feel better more than anything, lol!
I got home today to a surprise! I finally made up my mind what I wanted to use the gift certificate that Henri Jean so generously gave me, and placed the order Monday. That's right, Monday. And the package came today! Another YAY! Gotta love sb.com's fast service! So now I have even more new goodies to play with!
Korybean, did you see that Demo Day at MHF is a different Saturday this month? Lisa's son is getting married on the 3rd Saturday so they moved it, I think it's the 2nd Saturday, have to look to be sure. But didn't want you to miss it!
Okay, gotta run, y'all have a great evening!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to chocolateaxel

Awesome news! It always feels good to have a routine and sleep!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Manda_K

I know I can only use the coupon on one thing- that's why I always take people and extra coupons with me! lol

So excited for the (predicted) cold and rainy Saturday! I'm going to buy scrap supplies and food after work, tomorrow- then survive Friday, then lock myself in all weekend!!!

Thanks for the Demo-Day warning, Darla- I can't wait!!! It was so fun last time and I'm already excited for the next one!!!

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel

I'm with you, Korybean, on being excited about the hopefully cold and rainy weekend. I have several projects in my scrappy room that are just begging to be done, and since Monday is a holiday, if the weather cooperates, the long weekend will be perfect to get lots of stuff done. I'm very excited about the prospect of cold weather! I absofreakinglutely adore cold weather!! And I am so tired of this hot weather, I am not a hot weather person. I was born in the middle of winter, I figure that's why I love cold weather so much, lol!
Korybean, I gots your back when it comes to Demo Day, buddy! It wouldn't be near as much fun without you! And maybe, just maybe, if we cross all our fingers and toes and hold our breath and the stars are aligned and Mars is in retrograde, we might be able one of these times to get the lovely Ms Tanya and the awesome Ms Sheryl to join us. Maybe, lol!
Manda, hope you feel better soon. My sister has been sick with sinus infection and upper respiratory infection, seems like it is taking forever for her to get well.
Everyone have a great evening!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to Henri Jean

• Henri Jean Said:
Tell him the ring master is manly. If I tell Bill anything is manly he will go for it.

WHenever we have to choose something and he's undecided, I tell him the one I like is more manly and he will pick it every time.

ROFL , Henri!!
As a married woman, I found this completely hilarious for some reason.....

Re: Cracker Barrel.....this sounds amazing...food and shopping all under one roof? Count me in! We might be going to Florida in February so I'll have to check it out...

Alison

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Anxious to see your new layouts when you post them!

Tanya, I'm going to look at some old layouts from last Halloween and see if the dress shows up on any of them. There was a photo taken by the ship photographer which really showed the dress by $39.00? I think not.

Dont know why Holland America ships photos are so much more than other ships.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Okay - best photo I can find but its just a small snapshot - but from one angle the material is red and from another its black. You can sort of see that, it just keeps changing from red to black as I move. The spider webs did not show up at all.

Halloween on the Cruise Ship 3 By Henri Jean

This one isn't any better:

Halloween on the Cruise Ship 4 By Henri Jean

Maybe if I go back to the original photo - will try that now.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

Original photos - still not good of the dress, but maybe you can see the red/black. I need a huge spider necklace - maybe I'll check some of the Halloween shops around here.

Halloween - Black Widow Dress 2 By Henri Jean

Halloween - Black Widow Dress 1 By Henri Jean

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

These are the new storage I found while shopping with my BFF's. They say Fertilizer Samples. Cleaned them with alcohol and filled with TH goodies.

Antique Fertilizer jar samples By SherylEb

fertilizer jars closeup By SherylEb

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SherylEb

Great storage idea Sheryl - just think of all the scrappy stuff you can put in those jars!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-03-12 05:41 PM

SUCH a busy day at work today! I've had no time to come by and chat But I got a lot done and that's always a good feeling.

I hope everyone who's feeling under the weather starts feeling better soon. Everyone who had great days today and yesterday, YAY!

Henri, I know what you mean about hauling costumes around. When Rob and I went to Italy earlier this year, we went during Carnival. We usually pack VERY light (one carry-on suitcase and two small school-size backpacks total for both of us for 2 weeks in New Zealand with beach and winter weather). But for Italy we both brought very large costumes. I had a hoop skirt, very large feathers, and a hat, plus the rest of my costume. We ended up taking 2 large suitcases and 2 backpacks with us. To us, that is a LOT. We were only in Italy for 2 weeks and normally would have taken just the one small carry-on plus our backpacks.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-03-12 05:42 PM
In response to Vae

Darla, I'll make you a deal... you take care of my problem customers and I'll take care of yours.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Vae

Darla - OMG, THANK YOU!!!!!!! I woke up this morning in disbelief!!! Thank you soooo much!!!!

Henri - LOVE the dress, looks awesome!!!! And your pages with the chandiliers are great!!!!

KK - I want him to be the ringmaster because I thought it would look classier than a zookeeper! And he always says I come up with ideas that make him look stupid. I have to agree, I've had some doozies, but I just say he's not a good sport, LOL!

Also KK - the Silhouette Portrait isn't worth it (in my opinion). The original Silhouette only did 8.5x11, the Cameo does 12x12, one of my reasons for upgrading. I say, for the money, the Cameo is still the better deal.

Sheryl - I love that new storage!!!

Demo Day - I'm definitely out this month. The Dog Walk is this Saturday, next Saturday is OU/Texas, and the following Saturday I'm at Affair of the Heart with my co-worker (unless she decides to back out). And later that night is our Halloween party. Busy month for me! That's another reason I have to get our costumes taken care of THIS weekend!

I stopped at Hancocks after work and found the perfect material for my dress and the fur for my "mane" and tail, etc. I'm SUPER excited about it!!! I used to sew more, but haven't since ... probably three or four Halloween's ago ... so I'm hoping it will be real easy to put in some straight seams. While I've got my machine out, I'm going to try sewing on some cardstock. Always wanted to do it, but never have!

Off to start my day ... have a fantastic day, everyone!!!

Diva
In response to Vae

Crackel Barrel is arestaurant of mainly home country food style. Very good and the ambiance is very home like. Big chimney is always on. They a store before you get into the restaurant. Lof of rocking chairs in the big front porch. Love it!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to bayamonesa1

Henri, great dress!

Kory, LOL you are a deviant I say! Sneaky!

Well, I can't get too excited about the weather cause I am so sick. I have completely lost my voice and now I am back in bed...I though antibiotics were supposed to HELP.

My parents will be here soon, so I am really trying to get well before Saturday. Hopefully we will go to OKC, hit the zoo, shop and generally have a good week next week!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Manda_K

Tanya, your costumes sound great!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics