Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-04-12 08:03 PM
In response to Vae

Sheryl, I've been looking at that craft knife and kind of wanting it but not sure. Now I really want it! Of course, just as I put myself on a shopping freeze. LOL :P

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

I don't have the ornamental iron cart but when you mentioned it I remembered I had some iron fence border that was kind of eerie. Since the paper is black and white verticle stripe with a grungy look the black fence really blended well but didn't look like a focal point. Gives it the quality I needed it.

The picture is muted tones and the doll is wearing a white sailor suit, the journaling is all on gray and the mats are all black.

Then I took my drippy goo punch and punched a strip of red and placed it under the photo mat so it looks like blood is dripping out from under it.

Its the only color on either page so the bright red really stands out and draws attention to the photo.

Thanks! Your idea about the ornamental iron was just what I needed to polish it off.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Henri Jean

Oh my ... Darla, I am so sorry about your co-worker. It's so hard to see someone you care about hurting and not be able to change it. Such a hard situation! All my positive energy coming your way ....

Tammy and Sheryl - I hope you are both OK!

Obviously, I'm up in the middle of the night again. Hopefully I can go back to sleep soon!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tanyaham

I did not wake up in the middle of the night - I was STILL up in the middle of the night.

Bill was working on his computer and I was working on my Robert the Haunted Doll layout and before you know it - it was 3:30AM!

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Henri Jean

Hey, y'all, just checking in, although I'm not supposed to be online here at work. Oh, well!
When the boss came in this morning, she called us into her office to let us know that our friend passed away around midnight last night. I'm so incredibly glad I went yesterday afternoon! I know her family is suffering terribly from their loss, but hope that knowing how many people loved her and will miss her will ease some of their pain.
Sheryl, sorry you are in pain, self-induced or not, it sucks to hurt! And I don't think your card giving routine is silly at all! It does help just knowing someone notices a good job or may help brighten an otherwise sucky day. I give cards like that here at my work too, and I think everyone really appreciates it. Sorry you can't make Demo Day this month, but I would say your trip to Tampa trumps Demo Day, LOL!
Tammy, how is your injury? I hope it is healing quickly! It is hard to be unable to work on scrappy stuff, it nearly drove me crazy while I was down for the count that I couldn't work on anything!
Thank y'all so much for all the kindness and good thoughts and prayers for my friend! Y'all are truly a special group of friends to me!! Hugs to everyone!!
Hopefully I'll be back on tonight, although it will be a little late, hubs and I are going to the gun range, it's Full Auto night tonight, and that is my favorite time to go. I've had to miss the last 2, so I'm really looking forward to going tonight.
Hope y'all have a great Friday!! Laters.......

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to chocolateaxel

SO sorry to hear about your friend, Darla.

Jarvae, that sounds great about the house!

Sheryl, I hope that you feel better!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Manda_K

oh Darla my dear - big hugs and prayers for your friend's family.

Sheryl feel better soon

I am doing well - the cut was wrapped tightly (after the dh asking me about 50,000 times if I thought I should go to the hospital. It is not sore and sealed well. I am cleaning it well and checking for infection but there is no pain and no blood today. I am gonna try and cut some paper tonight!

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Chocolateaxel: so sorry about your coworker.

Sounds like a rough week for several...hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Since it is pay day Friday.......I want to begin embossing, so plan to pick up the "stuff" tomorrow. Is there a preference between the straight embossing heat tool and the one that looks like a little white blowdryer? (I know an actual blowdryer could blow the powder everywhere). Do you use more colored ink with clear powder or do you prefwr the clear ink and colored powders? why?

thanks!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to 4tgrfans

The one that LOOKS like a dryer is Ranger's, I would get it. It has a lot of heat and not a lot of air, which is what you want. Happy embossing! I love embossing!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Manda_K

Oh, if I get my voice back, I should be working tomorrow. I cannot kick this infection! So, I am keeping silent and drinking lots of hot tea. My parents called; they are here early! Yikes! I won't see them until tomorrow though, I don't want to get them sick.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-05-12 10:50 AM
In response to 4tgrfans

Darla, I am so sorry to hear about your coworker. It's a very good thing you were able to visit yesterday. The gun range sounds great. Today is Rob's birthday and one of his gifts from me was some ammo. We haven't been to the range in a few months and I'm dying to go.

Tammy, glad you are on the mend!

Tanya, still can't sleep? That's the worst especially when you have such a big weekend.

But Henri, I always love the late night cropping. I feel like I do some of my best work after midnight. I can't wait to see the layout!

It's Rob's birthday so I will probably be out most of the weekend. You guys be safe and try not to get injured!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-05-12 10:54 AM
In response to 4tgrfans

• 4tgrfans Said:
Chocolateaxel: so sorry about your coworker.

Sounds like a rough week for several...hope everyone has a nice weekend.

Since it is pay day Friday.......I want to begin embossing, so plan to pick up the "stuff" tomorrow. Is there a preference between the straight embossing heat tool and the one that looks like a little white blowdryer? (I know an actual blowdryer could blow the powder everywhere). Do you use more colored ink with clear powder or do you prefwr the clear ink and colored powders? why?

thanks!

I got one at a box store and it looks like a hair dryer with 2 heat settings. I have not been happy with it at all. I can't remember the brand but its pink. I don't suggest it. I will probably end up getting one from ranger eventually.

I think the powders vs inks question is up to you because you will get different looks. I think my color is much more intense when I use the colored powders. I still love to use colored ink with clear powder but it does look different.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Vae

I like colored powders personally, but I also use Distress ink to emboss.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Manda_K

I loved the Ranger one when I had it but couldn't bring it here because of the difference in electrical current. I know have an SU heat gun and I love it too.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Darla - I'm so sorry to hear about your co-worker. At least you got to blow off some steam and de-stress with Full Auto Friday!

Jarvae - Seems like I am exhausted in the evenings, go to bed at 9pm or earlier, then I'm up several times (even when I've taken a sleeping pill). Sometimes it's just for a few minutes, other times I'm up for an hour. I try to either write down whatever my brain keeps running over, or just play games on my phone or read on my Kindle until I get tired enough to lay back down. Luckily, I will have plenty of time to get some sleep this weekend.

I found out earlier that because of the crappy weather (45 degrees and drizzle/rain), they cancelled the Dog Walk. I am soooo bummed out. But, I really wouldn't have wanted to take the boys out in the rain either. Wet dogs smell bad enough and that's a stench I'd rather not get in my car, LOL! I am hoping they'll reschedule it very soon!!

I got my dress cut and sewn for my Lion costume already. I cut out the faux fur for my mane, which will be more like a stole, and the wrist and ankle cuffs, so I'll work on those tomorrow. I got my tail done, but I forgot to get a small bag of stuffing, so I'll get that finished tomorrow too. I'm really liking how it came out!

I have to give a shout-out to the awesome service here on sb.com, too. Like Darla, I placed an order on Monday, and got it today. I was super happy about that!

OK - here's a question for everyone ... last year was my first time to do a December Daily. I used an 8x8 album that I already had, and basically did a layout for each day from Thanksgiving through New Years Eve. I used a lot of my scraps, and did my own thing, without a "kit." This year, I'd planned to do the same type album, but then I got another idea.

A few years ago, I'd made my MIL an album for their English Bulldog, using a regular 2-up photo album. I thought that would make it super easy for her to just slip in photos without too much fuss. I made lots of 6x4 journal cards for her to write on, lots of "filler" 6x4 cards to add in, like with quotes or embellishments, etc. I really like the look of all the divided page protectors in Project Life. I thought I could use a 2-up photo album in the same way for my December Daily this year.

What do you guys think of using photo albums in that way? I really don't know what to do with the memo spaces, other than covering it with patterned paper or writing my journalling there. I'm kind of torn, but it would be much easier to get it done ahead of time, rather than the way I did it last year.

Hmmmm ... give me some thoughts about it.

OK, enough rambling for this evening. Have a great night and great weekend, everyone!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tanyaham

Heyyyy everyone...

What a long day Ive had...

Long and stressful. Then, after work, went to Joe's Crab Shack for dinner. Oh how my heart broke for all the waiters when a really loud song came on and they all had to dance in the center of the restaurant. And my poor waitress. I only had two vodka and tonics, but because of the stressful day and how tired I was, I was slurring BEFORE I had a drink. Half the time, I didnt even understand what she was saying.

But I did go by Ms after, to stock up on Glossy Accents! Dangit I love that stuff!

I think I'm gonna have a nightcap or two and see if I can get stuff hung up on the walls of my neglected apartment. I have two 'real' paintings that my Mom has given me as birthday gifts- and it makes me feel so grown-up to have 'real' paintings. LoL. My other claim to fame piece of artwork is a hand-colored and signed print from Karen Finley. Any of yall know who she is? I once licked chocoloate off her body, in one of her plays in NYC.

Kory

Debbie2006
Resident
Debbie2006
In response to designguyKORY

I was sososo bad today. I had to drop off papers at ups and went into michaels to just buy one thing.....thats how it always starts! I picked up three martha stewart punches as they were 30% off and printed out an additional 15% coupon off the website. I also picked up a new pair of scissors at 50% off! I ran into ulta to pick up nail polish (buy 2 get top coat free and coupon w $$ off) and since there was a different michaels across the street I thought well I will pop in there and decided to pick up the TH mini stapler, I have been eyeing it for a couple of weeks. Was able to use a 40% coupon on that. When I arrived home waiting for me was my cuttlebug, cricut cartridge holder and a book I ordered. Great day!

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Debbie2006

Hey, y'all! Looks like everyone has called it a night, but i'm surprisingly wide awake and raring to go, lol!
Full Auto Friday was awesome!!! There weren't very many people in there during the time that we went, so the guys let us shoot 3 different guns, and it was a blast! If I were made of money, I'd have a fully automatic weapon in my arsenal. But unfortunately I'll have to settle for getting my jollies once a month on Full Auto Fridays, lol! I enjoy shooting our guns at the range but there is nothing to compare with the rush that comes with ripping off a full round in an auto! Oh, well....
Ms Tanya, so sorry you're having trouble sleeping. I can relate, I was beginning to think I would never sleep through the night again, but for the past week or so I have finally slept all night every night. I hope you get past this phase soon and start getting some good sleep!
Ms Tammy, so glad your injury is healing! Sounds like whatever you're doing for it is working well, keep it up!
Korybean, you are definitely working too hard and not playing enough! Hang in there, sweetie, Demo Day is right around the corner! We will have lots of fun that day. And I think Lisa has something brand new and fun planned, there was a little hint about it on Facebook the other day. Also, did you see that even though he said he wouldn't, Sir Tim has released 3 new fall colors of Distress Ink? Wheeeeeeeee! I'm excited to see them!
Manda, hope you kick your illness soon, it sucks to be sick but especially when your parents are in for a visit!
Everyone, again thanks for the caring thoughts to me while I'm down over the loss of such a precious person. Today was very difficult around the office, everyone was sad and having a hard time dealing with the loss, but we kept trying to remember that at least she isn't suffering anymore.
Everyone enjoy your weekend, hopefully y'all will be busy scrapping or shopping or doing whatever else makes you happy! I have several projects that I'll be working on, and with a little luck will actually finish all of them since I have 3 whole days to work on them.
Later, y'all........

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to chocolateaxel

well it is afternoon here now and I have been down to town to run some errands and print some pics. I bought a couple of blouses for work - so nice to shop and not feel guilty because I am working again.

Came home and finished a layout I started last night - a paper layout, not digital which I don't do very often anymore and I forgot how much I love playing with the papers.

Hand is doing well - Nurse Knightly One took care of it last night for me again and today although a wee tiny bit tender right on the cut there is no redness around it and no swelling! Woohoo!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Great news, Tammy!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics