Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to tanyaham

Awesome on the healing up Tammy!

Full Auto Friday sounds like something my hubs would LOVE Darla! Sorry again about your friend, I am sure it is sad around the office.

Tanya, sounds like you costume is coming right along! On the album, I have never done one like that, but it sounds EASY, which is great this time of year.

Kory, sounds like you NEEDED a drink or 4! Hope you are well today.

Deb, that happens to us all I think...one thing, yeah right! I went into HL to "kill time" on Tues and bout 34 bucks worth of stuff!

Well, my voice is still bad, still congested, I am beginning to think I will be sick forever!

I did however, discover a new jewelry site called baublebar, OH MAN great stuff!! I already ordered a necklace...that is just what I need, along with more shoes and jeans, JEWELRY! Muwhahaha! After I discovered Just Fab last year, I think that my shoe collection has almost doubled. But hey, I am sick, so yeah, I need something to make me feel better!

I am expecting some new scrap goodies soon, pigments and my new Swirlydoos kit. I want to play, but feel so bad, I would probably only stare!

Happy Saturday!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Manda_K

It wasn't pay-day-Friday yesterday for me, but I spent a gift voucher I won on another site. I have 3 packs of paper coming in the next few weeks!

It just sucks that to use a $25 voucher, I have to pay $40 in shipping. It's not that I'm not grateful for the win, but it kind of dims the happy, you know?

Here's what I chose. OK, I AM excited!

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn
In response to RedSquirrel

Congratulations on your win!
I'm sorry that you have to pay so much in shipping! That seems like a lot!

I just ordered a whole bunch of Christmas stuff on the sale here a couple days ago...can't wait for it all to arrive!
DH's family is all in Australia and New Zealand so I need to make their cards really soon and get them off in the mail......

Alison

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to kiyawinn

The Christmas sale is what did me in this week and it just arrived this morning...but I'm only a few hundred miles away from the sb store. Now if I just had time to use it! I get so anxious to have the pkg. arrive, then don't have time to play~Judy

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to mrsdriver5

I went to the CK convention in KC today. must say, my daughter and I did quite well. i did find embossing stuff. One stand had a great deal with small jars of the powder, so I got 15. I ended up at M though for the embossing gun.....chose the Martha Stewart one. Can't wait to use it. Found a lot of basics and a lot of neat stuff I don't normally have access to.

one thing I wanted and didn't really find was a Christmas paper stack. looks like I'll add that to my shopping cart here.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to 4tgrfans

Spent all day at a crop. It was awesome - had plenty of space for each of us and everything was perfect.

Brought home 42 finished pages - all the way through our January month in Hawaii, lots of the granddaughter pages and started on the February trip to the Everglades.

Have another crop in 2 weeks and have about that many more pages to do. Then I'm caught up with all the page kits I've made up.

Hoping to get a lot of the last trip made into kits before we leave on the next trip end of this month so I can just put them together when we get home.

I really love some of the pages I did today and some are not special at all but the memories are.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to chocolateaxel

DARLAAAAAA please oh puhhhhlease take me to shoot guns!!!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to designguyKORY

lol Kory - I was thinking the same thing yesterday!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Ladybing Tammy

I'd love to go to the range again too. ALways enjoy it but would rather shoot Bill's Glock. My Smith and Wesson has such a tough trigger pull but I don't have the upper body strenth to load his anymore. He was going to get me a Glock but not much use if I can't load it so he got me a little Smith and Wesson bodyguard 380. Great defense pistol but not for the target range. Doesn't like distance. Hate the trigger pull though - so does Bill. Its much harder to pull than his Glock.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Henri Jean

Henri, you did 42 pages in ONE DAY??!! That has to be some sort of record!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Manda_K

Kory - go on my FB page and check out the videos of me shooting full auto a few weeks ago! It was the first time I'd shot anything like that (and about the 3rd time I ever shot a gun, period!!)

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Manda_K

Its not as impressive as it sounds Manda.

Everything was selected and was arranged and photographed or rougly sketched on a piece of paper. I just had to look at the photo or sketch and lay everything out. Maybe cut some mats so most took 5-15 minutes - some more, some less.

I just did the tedius stuff yesterday. For the first one I just had to mat one picture, glue it down, and arrange 5 flowers and I had even put those together in advance adn the buttons were already glued in the center so I wouldn't have buttons and little pieces to get lost.

It actually took about 3 or 4 months, maybe longer to get them ready for the crop and make my page kits.

So I didn't completely do 42 layouts in a day. I just completed them.

If one is really a pain to put back like I want it and it will take more trouble to sketch it out and reassemble it than to just glue it, then I glue it at home. There were 2 or 3 like that but I still take them and may add a title or something at the crop.

All of my journaling blocks are done on the computer before the crop and if I have a cricut title its done in advance and is lifted on drywall tape so I just glue and put it down which takes a minute.

SO not nearly as impressive as it sounds.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

no it is still impressive!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-07-12 05:00 PM
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Hi everyone! Sounds like everyone is having a great weekend!

Friday was Rob's birthday and we went down to the Texas Renaissance Festival. It's about a 4 hour drive. The weather started out a bit warm but by Saturday late afternoon the cool front came through and it was amazingly gorgeous. Lots of good friends, fun garb, and all the food and drinks we could handle. We camp there so we were there Friday and Saturday night and drove home this morning. I LOVE faire season!!!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-07-12 05:09 PM
In response to Vae

Henri, I know what you mean about the 380. I used to have 2 of them and it felt like they were going to take my hand off. I have a glock now and I love it. It's a 40 and soooo much nicer at the range. We have a few handguns and a few rifles.

I'll have to see if we have any auto days at our range, but we generally don't see them because full auto is illegal here. Boring

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

I think my 380 would be great if I can get it to a gunsmith who is able to loosen the trigger pull. I don't know if they can do that. We took it to the gun shop and he said it is supposed to be that way, as it is a close range pistol for defense.

However, I shoot pretty well with Bill's Glock. Just wish Glock made a smaller version I could load. I can fill the magazine part of the way and then I can't push any more in and also I can't pull Bill's back very well.

Mine is easy to pull back and I like that. Just hate the trigger pull.

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-08-12 08:05 AM

Depending on which glock he has, getting a smaller one might help, but it might not. Even the smaller magazines have quite a lot of tension. Mine is considered "small" because I use it for concealed carry. It has a 12 round double stack and I do have to really work at it to get the final round in. They have loaders to help you feed the rounds in, and I sometimes use that. But honestly, when I'm at the range, I only load 5 at a time. It helps me keep myself from blowing through my ammo too quickly, and keeps my thumbs from going raw from loading. Not sure why you have to pull back? I hardly ever need to use the slide on mine unless it gets jammed.

That reminds me... I need to send mine in and I've been putting it off. Maybe that's why I haven't been to the range in so long.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

Bill makes me practice using the slider. In the army he taught weaponry to new Green Berets and that's part of the training. He thinks I don't need any gun that I can't work the slider easily.

Bill's is also small enough for conceal/carry but he usually puts mine in his pocket because it is so much smaller. His requires a holster.

ITs funny because at home we each have a pistol on our nightstands and in hotels - same thing usually but not always. Dpeends on the hotel and the hotel policies.

Bill said last night we will get mine adjusted a bit but he's not that concerned becuase if I have to ever use it in an emergency, I can do it and will have the adrenalin to pull back the trigger.

Its for close target so someone would have be be close enough to be an imminent threat.

Bill and JOe go to one of our rental houses a lot which has a 2,800 shed in back full of license plates. They wash and sort them and send them to cusomers which leaves me at home alone. If I hear noises I put the pistol on my scrap desk where I can grab it quickly if someone were to come into my scrap room.

Wonder if I'm the only one who scraps with a Smith and Wesson on her scrap desk.

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans

What a great layout that would make !

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to 4tgrfans

Nope Henri, I've got a little Walther P22 pistol at my scrap desk too. Since this room is in the back part of the house, The Hub wants me to be secure just in case.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics