Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to bayamonesa1

LOL Henri, neither did I!!!!

Oh man, this day is DRAGGING along ... and I've got a terrible slabbing pain in my right shoulder blade. Same spot as I used to get cortizone shots, although I definitely don't want to go through that again. Hopefully some ibuprofen will help!!

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

Hey, y'all! Looks like the gun conversation really got going, lol! My dad was a police officer when I was growing up, he taught me to shoot and great respect for guns, then my first hubs was a big hunter, and current hubs is a gun lover so I've been around guns my whole life. You know the old saying "guns don't kill people, people kill people", as long as I'm around people who respect the dangers and practice gun safety, then I don't have any problem. And whenever I am expecting company, all the firearms get put away, so y'all don't need to worry about coming to visit, lol.
My zucchini bread was a big hit! Hubs loved it, friends at work loved it and want the recipe, and after work I took a loaf to my dad and he loved it. YAY! So it was worth the time I spent "slaving" in the kitchen! When hubs is home, he does all the cooking, so I don't normally spend much time in there. But around this time of year, I get the urge to bake. I don't much like to cook but I love to bake. Too bad most of what I bake ends up on my hips, lol!
Korybean! One of my work friends is also going to Les Mis tonight, I can't wait to hear all about it! And I'll take you shooting any time you want to go, as long as you're a safe shooter, lol.
Catch up with y'all later!

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5
In response to chocolateaxel

Be sure to put your bread recipe up on Recipe Corner :>)
http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/15800...

I have a pumpkin bread recipe I should dig out and put on. Yum...maybe I need to make some too! ~Judy

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to mrsdriver5

You ladies need to share your zucchini and pumpkin bread recipes!

Diva
In response to tanyaham

I agree with you. Want those recipes!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-10-12 06:24 AM
In response to bayamonesa1

Morning everyone!

Tanya, I hope your shoulder is feeling better today.

Kory, how was Les Miz??

Everyone, hope everyone is feeling happy and healthy and having a great day!

Today is going to be uber busy at work. I made a major breakthrough yesterday, stayed at the office till 7, and now I'm hoping to finish up today.

See you guys later!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

I'd love the recipes too!

We may be going to my mother's house in Alabama this weekend and if we do I need to make her one of my pound cakes. Its the real thing with the pound of everything in it! But Lord have Mercy, its good and moist! She loves pound cake and this one is her favorite. Whenever she comes to visit I make one in advance for her - she likes it every morning with her coffee.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Henri Jean

I once had a client tell me I was a feisty little cupcake and then asked what flavour I came in - I told him not f&%$#n vanilla and speak to me like that again and you find I'm really POUND cake!

Edited by Ladybing Tammy on 10-10-12 01:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Ladybing Tammy

sounds like an answer I would give!
Hey, y'all, home from work and chillin for a bit. Today was hard, quite a lot of us from work went to our friend's funeral, so it was am emotional day.
I will give y'all the recipe for my zucchini bread, but I'm trying to decide if I want to type it all in or just scan it and load it into my gallery, lol. Can you tell I'm feeling lazy?
No real news from here, I'm feeling great, weather has been awesome, life is good. Hubs is going out of town tomorrow to see his mom so I'll have a couple of days and the weekend to myself. Hopefully I'll get real motivated and get more projects done in my scrap room.
Speaking of scrapping, Korybean, I think this Saturday is Demo Day. I need to make sure, but I think it was this month that Lisa moved it up a week because her son is getting married the 3rd Saturday. Don't miss it! Anybody else want to make a trip to OKC and go with us? We'll take y'all to all of our good scrap shopping spots!
Later, y'all.......

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

WhooooooHAW, I can't wait for DemoDay!

Jarvae- Les Miz was pretty good- I liked most of the new set, the actors were great- except for Cosette, who sang the part as if she were Snow White. I'm glad they cut most of the little boy's songs. I only saw the show once, back in the day, on Broadway- and I missed the giant barricades revolving. But the new set was nice- the building, especially. What got on my nerves tho, was a few 'cheap director's tricks' that repeated about three times too many, lol. Also, I don't know what was up with the spotlight operators- but they were BAD last night.

I guess a cold is going around town- I've never heard an audience cough so much!!!

And what's up with so many late people?! I swear there were about a hundred people rushed to their seats after the prologue. (Luckily, we were in a box and not disturbed with having to get up and let people by DURING the show- but the usher's flashlights distracted me.)

Wow, I complain too much! It was a good show!

lol

-k

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to designguyKORY

Demo Day! Woooohooooooo!!!! This Saturday, come one, come all! My Heart's Fancy, Edmond, OK! See y'all there!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-10-12 06:49 PM

Man I would love to go to a demo day with you guys. It's a 3.5 hour drive. We are up there a lot during storm season... a lot of our chases start in that area. Rob would have no problem driving up there for a tornado... wonder if he would drive me up there for scrapbooking. LOL!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-10-12 07:01 PM
In response to Vae

LOL yes Kory you do complain too much. j/k, I would have been irritated at so many people coming in late too. I didn't notice anyone coming in late at all at my performance, and only noticed one person late after intermission. But I noticed the audience over all was SOOO much better at this theater than the one I usually go to. There I usually have to tell people to be quiet, stop with the cell phones, candy wrappers, etc. Huge difference at this place though.

I have to say I loved the new barricade. And I agree, the buildings were awesome. I loved how they did the sewer with the video, without making it look much like a video. I'm not sure what the cheap tricks were... guess I'm glad I don't know much about that stuff. I'm glad you went anyway... I always like to hear others' opinions about shows.

We are planning on seeing Jekyll & Hyde (my 3rd favorite) this December and also West Side Story.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to Vae

Jarvae, 3.5 hour drive is nothing! Y'all should come up and make a weekend out of it. It would be fun, and I need a fellow Texan around for a day or 2, ya know, so I can hear my native language again, lol! I was born and raised in Texas, after I married my current hubs, we lived in the Dallas area for 4 yrs before being transferred to California. I worked for a temp agency and pulled several assignments in McKinney. Our paths probably crossed and we didn't even know it!
My co-worker who went to see Les Mis last night loved it, but she isn't a theater pro like Korybean so any mishaps or glitches wouldn't have been noticed.
I don't know why I'm still awake! I'm so tired I could just crater but for some reason can't sleep! I'm gonna be so draggy tomorrow!
Gonna try again to get some sleep, wish me luck, lol.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Good morning, y'all!

Today is the 2nd (and last) day at my conference. It's just OK. A couple of the speakers and sessions were pretty good, but some of it was a snooze-fest. In one of the sessions, the speaker even arranged the seats in a large circle, so no one could close their eyes, talk to anyone, or play on their phones! Unfortunately, it was one of the lesser exciting topics, LOL! I also had a hard time because (a) my shoulder blade was SCREAMING all day and the ibuprofen I took didn't touch it, and (b) the ladies I planned to sit with in the cafeteria ditched me, so I had to sit by myself at lunch. Womp Womp. **cue the sad music** I had flashbacks to being the new kid at school that no one let sit at their table. It actually really hurt my feelings. But ... I let them have it when I saw them afterwards, and they were nice as pie to me after that, LOL! Hopefully today will speed by!!!

Since our conference in in Norman, I took the opportunity to stop at Scrap That on my way home. I hadn't been back in since their Grand Opening day. It was .... um, well .... a bit sparse, maybe?? Again, all the same, old, not-cool supplies that have been there for YEARS (like the 'year you were born' date stickers), and not much new product at all. I even asked her about getting in new stuff and the new owner said they were getting new shipments daily. When I asked her how business was going, she didn't seem super enthusiastic either. It made me kind of sad. I hope they'll stay open!!!

Just to backtrack for a moment ... my blog post today (as promised) is about our Full Auto Sunday and my first time shooting. If anyone is interested ... KORY!!! LOL
http://tanyaham.blogspot.com/2012/10/full-auto-sun day.h...

Have a GREAT day, y'all!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tanyaham

Jarvae! I saw Jekyll & Hyde on Broadway wayyy back then- I saw a preview only a few days before it opened, they were still making changes. I'm proud to say I saw one of the last 'rolling head' shows. There was a part during the opening number of the second act (when Hyde is running around town, killing people) where Hyde drags a guy offstage and then the guy's head rolls onto the stage. The head looked pretty fake and people were laughing- and I admit, it did look pretty hilarious- all the cast singing 'Murder! Murder' with 'synchronized umbrella dancing' while a severed head rolls across the stage. One of my friends saw it the next day and the head was gone.

I cant wait to see the new tour- they put the good opening song back in!

Yayyyy, Darla- DEMO DAY! I cant wait!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to tanyaham

Love the layouts Tanya! Awesome- really like all those papers together! And the expression on your face in the last picture!

Pictures were fun too!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 10-11-12 07:50 AM

LOL Kory I did hear about the rolling head but never saw it. I must say, both times I have seen it I was totally entranced! I saw it back in 1995 or 96 and then again like in 98 or 99.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Vae

Just made my weirdest scrapbook page ever - no photos, just journaling but I like the way it turned out.

We were driving around Key West and my girlfriend commented on the porches everywhere that were painted blue on the ceiling so if standing on the porch and looking up, the overhang was blue.

I told her I thought it simpulated the sky- like you were outside. She said, no, it was called haint blue. It is to fool the spirits called "haints" into thinking there is water - they cannot cross over, go through, or pass over water so it is to keep the evil spirits out of the house. Some people even paint the window trim on all the windows in haint blue.

So I got busy researching - its popular in Charleston, Savannah, Key West, New Orleans and other historical southern cities that are coastal or near coastal. THinking back to old ghost stories, these are also the areas that are most known for hauntings and paranormal activity!

I found the origins of the haint blue paint and a bit of interesting info and wanted to scrap it so I made a layout called "Haint Blue" and it is the last page of my Key West adventure.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

oh I can't wait to see that layout.

Everyday on my way to work I pass the Royal Exchange Theatre - they are advertising a bunch of stuff right now and nothing I particularly want to see - Tennessee Williams bores me to death - but I will keep an eye out because all this theatrical talk has me itching to get back to the Theatre

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics