Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Juansmom

oh Chris - I cannot even imagine...

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Oh, it looked like a bad accident, the neighbors who came to our rescue were in total shock at the sight of the car. They thought we'd have to be cut out of the wreckage. I thought the cabin of the car had been crushed, because the only window I could see out of was shattered. Ironically, the sunroof was intact, even though we landed on it and spun in a circle.

When we stopped moving, Juanie said "Mommy, I'm upside down!" I asked him if he was hurt and told him we'd get out, and reached around to unlatch his seatbelt, then told him to crawl out the window to a man there. Then I stuck my legs out the window n crawled out backwards myself. I don't know how I thought my fat self would fit, but I was getting claustrophobic and needed OUT!!

I had just bought my DH a bicycle at Target not 10 minutes before and put it on the bike rack on the trunk of my car. The impact threw the bike up and over the car, so it landed in front of the overturned car...when the police and EMT's got there they were looking for the person that I hit on the bike, they thought he/she was under the car!! Finally I saw the NEW wrecked bike and they realized there was no missing victim. I thought the PRICE TAGS dangling on the bike were a giveaway myself!!

Well, the cabin was not crushed, and since I bought the car, an '05 Chevy Cobalt, for its safety features, I am relieved it DID keep us safe. Since I had taken the comp n collision off it 2 months before, so I could SAVE MONEY!!!!, I got a whopping $100 from the scrapyard after I paid the tow bill of $250. That mistake cost me oh, probably about $10,000 when all was said and done. I had to buy a new to me car, I like it but am not crazy about it...its the first time I've bought a used car and it def is not in showroom condition, but not bad either.

Good news is...I get to scrap it!! Someone driving by took pics on his phone and posted them on his FB page, the people I work with are his FB friends and knew it was me. I was able to have him email me the pics, they are in my computer now. For all time. To remember that tragic day. Because as we all know, if it ain't in the scrapbook, it, (all together now,) didn't happen!

RedSquirrel
Diva
RedSquirrel
In response to Juansmom

I don't know what to say. That is seriously scary. Thank goodness nobody was hurt, and that you now have it under control.

How is everybody doing?

Darla, how is that headache? Did it go?

Kory, I had to go back 2 pages to find your blog. Whatcha doing?

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to RedSquirrel

Chris, that sounds so scary! Thank goodness y'all weren't seriously hurt! And I'm glad to hear it hasn't had any lasting traumatic on Juan, such a scary thing to go through.
Rosey, my headache comes and goes, I've decided it is a combination of job stress and the heat. Although it is cooling off here at night, it still gets very warm during the day and my body just doesn't handle heat well. The atmosphere here at work is so tense, by mid-morning I can feel the tightness in my neck and shoulders, and then the headache starts. Thank goodness I have great co-workers, we all get along wonderfully and we all support each other, now if we could just get the managers to back off, things would be great. Too bad I weren't born rich instead of so danged beautiful, LOL!
It has been a few days since I checked in here, how is everyone else doing? Henri Jean, are you back home yet? Lady Tammy, how's life treating you these days? I hope you are feeling okay. Tanya and Korybean, I've been keeping up with y'all via your blogs, although KK is lax about updating his, lol.
Sheryl and Jarvae, y'all have been absent a few days as well, hope everything is okay.
Miss chatting with everyone, hopefully someone will be around this evening. I usually check in here while I watch Dancing With The Stars to see if anyone is around to visit with. Hope to see someone!
Wishing everyone a great Monday!!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to chocolateaxel

I hope all is well today, had a short but good weekend with the fam. We had a make your own pizza night because the kids have been getting excellent grades. So, that was fun. However, we rented Prometheus....it blew. The kids watched Roderick Rules, they love it.

I am looking forward to a 3 day weekend! WOOT! My migraines are better, haven't had one in a few days. I also already started Christmas shopping!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Manda_K

Chris, yikes!! That is so freaking scary!! Glad you and he both got out safely!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Manda_K

Oh My Goodness!!! Chris, that is so scary!!!

I wanted to check in and say hello to everyone! I had another busy weekend and more hilarious family drama ... so, that old expression about having to come to work to get some rest is applying to me today! LOL

In case anyone would like to be "entertained" ... my nephew that had the comically trashy wedding this summer's baby is due any day now, and grandma's new 'boyfriend' (they've known each other just shy of 2 months) died after surgery, and she's being a gold-digging drama queen about it! And my SIL discovered one of her employees, and one of her best 'friends,' embezzled tens of thousands of dollars from her business- even after we told her to be careful because we knew her and that she'd done the same thing on a small scale and had never been procecuted for it (we told her this YEARS ago). Never a dull moment around our house, LOL!!

Vae
Vae 
Diva
Vae
  • Vae on 11-05-12 09:18 AM
In response to tanyaham

I'm back I had a super busy weekend and every time I tried to come check in, something would come up or the phone would ring.

Darla, good luck at your job this week. I hope it's not so bad, or that you can find another position soon.

Manda, sounds like a fun weekend! I love designer pizza night. Do you do the pizza mini's?

Tanya, wow. Just, wow. LOL

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Vae

Wow Tanya! That is crazy!

Jarvae, yes, both the boys got mini pizzas and they created them by themselves, they loved it.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Vae

WOW! What excitement that I miss!!!

I have been so so busy. Insanely busy. I have managed to do an update or two on my blog (which I can do by phone). Scrapbook.com is too difficult to deal with on my phone- so y'all suffer. ha.

I went ape$h!+ at Jo-Ann y'day! Whoa! I bought ALL of the Basic Grey FACT and FICTIONS collections! They were all 40% off, so I grabbed all of it! And a new Tim Holtz die! And And And And. Wow, I lost a lot of money.

I'm tired. I'm gonna see if I can take a nap while still sitting up.

k

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to designguyKORY

Good luck with that.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

Ok, Tanya, thanks to your enabling I stopped at Petsmart on my way home and picked up a treat maker. Hehe, I already wanted one, so was glad to hear from someone who had used it and liked it. Now I can't wait to try it out. I know Chub is going to love the treats, whenever I make Pupcakes for him, he goes bonkers he loves them so much, lol.
I tried to post on your blog but had a techno challenged moment, I was going to tell Doreen that the treats are made from all human ingredients so we could eat them if we chose to. The only catch is with no seasonings or sugar, they tend to be a little bland to our palate.
Korybean! So good to catch a fleeting glimpse of you, lol! Hope you got that nap. Wish I could find a few minutes to run into J's, I know I'm missing out!
Hope everyone is doing well! I'll be back in a bit......

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to chocolateaxel

Well, I guess I'm not gonna get that sneakity sitting up nap- the office is erupting into a political fight. I can't wait until this is over, I'm so tired of seeing how hateful people can get... All I hafta say is- if you wanna be brave enough to say some of the hateful things I've been hearing in this office, you better be ready to accept the consequences. I just don't see why people seem to enjoy being political ONLY TO insult others- you get what I'm talking about? Like, I can tell some of these people in my office don't have a clue about anything except which group they want to offend. They don't know a thing about the actual issues- I just wanna say, 'shut up, you're giving the party a bad name.'

anyways- I hope you have realized this is a non-partisan comment/tirade- cuz I definitely don't want any of that "BUT THE ________________s are RUINING THE COUNTRY" b.s. up in PAY-DAY FRIDAY! This is the place for fun and stimulating the economy!*

*but only if you have the means for stimulating the economy and you have a savings plan that you can present in case anyone wants to question your spending habits.

Can you tell that I'm cranky?

-K

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to designguyKORY

I am doing okay here - we were away for the weekend in Nottingham. Missed the fireworks and bonfire tonight because I needed to take it easy a bit tonight but we say plenty of fireworks over the weekend.

kiyawinn
Guru
kiyawinn

To save from addressing everyone individually.....
I'm glad everyone is safe and hope everyone's lives are the very best really soon!

I went to an amazing LSS today....it's about an hour and half away but always has the latest stuff and is pretty well stocked!
I got so much cool stuff!
I got one of the new tab punches, PP portfolio collection, some Christmas papers and rub ons, a new template, stamps...so much!

Alison

mrsdriver5
Idol
mrsdriver5

Sorry that so many of you are enduring head/back/everything-else aches and workplace drama. Around here everything is just chugging along as normal, except I'm still messing with the new computers. I think Hubby is getting a bit jealous of all the time I'm spending online with the HP tech guy :>) I thought I was moving up with my new 'puter, but I'm beginning to have 2nd thoughts.

I did post a recipe in the Recipe Corner up in the Chat part of Gen. Scrapping. Hopefully I'll get another one or two posted soon.

I finally got my 2 big boxes of goodies opened. Four new Nestie sets, a bunch of Liquid Pearls & Distress markers, and I think 4 paper stacks, plus assorted punches and other goodies. It put me back in a scrappy mood, but life just keeps getting in the way.

I really wanted to do a Halloween LO from this year, but I'm having trouble getting pics of far-flung grandkids, so I found pics from 2005 that I'm kind of working on. So far I'm mostly in the thinking stage, but hopefully in the next day or two I can actually find time to get my fingers dirty.

Kory—Have you been working on your lampshades? Are you moved in to your new digs yet? Well, I know you're moved in, but are you unpacked and "really moved in"? Does it look the way you hoped it would yet? We've lived in our house since 1978 and sometimes I still don't feel moved in :>)

Hope you're all getting more scrapping done than I've been able to do lately~Judy

(Oh, and thanks to those who sent good thots for Hubby's sick brother. He's been getting lots of testing done, so we haven't seen him for a while since all he wants to do is sleep once he gets home. However, he's at complete peace with his cancer. It's those he'll leave behind that are hurting the most. Anyway, thanks for prayers and good wishes.)

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to mrsdriver5

Darla, I'm dying to know if you made any treats yet ... After giving a few to friends and family, and their morning bribe to go outside, I'm down to 3 left. Looks like I might be baking a different kind tonight. Or maybe tomorrow. Or this weekend.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to tanyaham

Heyyy Mrs. Driver! No, I've not made my lampshades, yet. It's amazing how busy I've been. And when I do get a chance to stay home, I just wanna play wit'my papers!

I have made a bit of progress on my apartment, tho!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to tanyaham

Woke up with a horrible migraine last night around midnight. Went to sleep with a small one, woke up in horrible pain, I barely made it to the bathroom to get my meds. Then I had to battle nausea for about 15-20 min before I could get back to sleep. I swear, these have got to stop!

This morning, I feel better, but I wish I could take a day and rest. I am glad I have a 3 day weekend coming up that will hopefully not get ruined by migraines.

I am going to go back to the Dr. to see what else can be done.

I hope everyone had a more restful night than I! And, everyone in the states, vote vote vote today!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Manda_K

Glad you are making apt progress!

And, in the vain of scrappy shopping, I just laid down an order for the new DA chippies. My LSS was supposed to be getting all sorts of new Prima, but I don't know if it is in yet....I will have to call her!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics