Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

Hello, everyone! Hope everyone in the U. S. exercised their right to vote! I went when I got off work, unfortunately I go in to work before the polls open. But I lucked out and there was no line, yay!
Ms Tanya, I haven't baked any treats yet, last night I had several other things to take care of, and it looks like tonight is busy as well. It is killing me because I want to try it out so bad! Maybe tomorrow night, fingers crossed!
My co-workers started today putting in their orders for Christmas cards, so I'm going to be busy busy for the next 2 to 3 weeks filling their orders. I like the majority of them to be made by December 1st so that I don't have a frantic month before Christmas.
Hope everyone has a nice evening, hopefully I'll be able to check back in later.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to chocolateaxel

Hi people! I voted today. I had to go to hospital and do lab, so voted on my way back to work. I had to wait in line about 15 minutes, but not bad. I am off tomorrow. Yea!! I have a Dr appt w Urologist in Edmond. See if need more surgery. Keep fingers crossed. Then hope to make the scrappy rounds. Sounds like I need to throw the new Joann's in. I had looked at Basic Grey Fact and Fiction on their website. I didn't think it was out yet. I really liked it. I need to get in my craft room and quilt on my son in laws quilt, but I thought I better see what is up here first.

Oh, and today is my 6 year cancer anniversary. 6 years and I'm still kickin'...still getting operated on, but still havin fun and livin life. Whoo Hoo!!!

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to SherylEb

Congrats on your BIG anniversary, Sheryl! Both my mom and hubby are celebrants so I know it's a BIG DEAL! Well, hubby isn't cancer-free, but he's in excellent remission. We celebrate every three months when he goes in for his check-up.

He had to get lab work done today, so like you, we stopped and voted on the way home. Well, actually we took our mail-in ballots in to the poll location. We always do the mail-in voting, but then hand-carry them into the polls :>) Maybe someday we'll actually get them in the mail in time. Ahhh, procrastination...that's our last name ~Judy

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Yay, Sheryl, congrats on 6 years and counting! I'll keep you in my prayers and fingers crossed for a good result from tomorrow's visit.
Hi, Mrs Driver! Hope all is well with you these days. Did you ever resolve your computer issues?
Ms Tanya! I blew off everything else and used my new treat maker this evening. Success! The treats turned out great even though I screwed up on the recipe, lol! Chub loved them, that's what really matters. And it was very easy to use and clean up, that's what matters to me, since I don't have my little furboy trained to do dishes, lol.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Sheryl Happy Anniversary!

Today is my MRI - the Knightly One is coming with - I am not sure if he thinks he can in or not but oh well it will be nice to have him wait with me anyway.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Best wishes for you that everything will turn out well. ~Judy

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK
In response to mrsdriver5

Good luck Tammy, and Sheryl.

Today I'm working on my craft fair stuff. And singing at a funeral, but hopefully that won't take too long. I'm in the choir, it's not anybody I know.

Have a good hump day everyone!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Darla, I'm so glad you liked the machine! And I'm equally glad Chubs liked the treats!! Interesting you mention him not being trained to do dishes ... ours like to hang around when we load the dishwasher and try to "help" us, LOL! I'm sure they'd be more than happy to do them for us!!

Hope everyone is having a great week. I'm sooooo looking forward to the weekend. I took off tomorrow for a dr appt and then to get my hair done. Can't wait! Always love getting my hair done, especially having it washed and blow dried. Very relaxing for me. Should be a fantastic way to start the holiday weekend off!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to tanyaham

Hey all!!

Sheryl, congrats on 6 years!! Fantastic!

Tammy, I hope it went well.

I haven't scrapped in awhile cause my room is a wreck! I have to get it cleaned up so I can scrap!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Manda_K

I am okay - Henri is home so I can imagine we will hear some stories and that will take my mind off the horrific bruise (If I were a stamp Kory would love me right now!)

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Lady Tammy, glad to hear you're okay. Why are you bruised? And did you get results yet from your MRI?
I'm doing okay, I have a muscle spasm in my shoulder that is driving me crazy but hopefully it will go away soon. Work still sucks, but that's normal right now. Once we get our annual bonus, if we get one, I am going to be on a serious prowl for a new job.
Manda, glad to see you pop in. I hear you about the scrap room, I have a ton of orders for people at work that I need to get started on, but I've got to do some major cleaning in my room first.
Where's everybody else? I miss chatting with y'all!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

Hello everyone. I had good news from my urologist yesterday. My kidneys look like they are stone free and working ok. Still some colon concerns, and I still get stones, but they are small and passing. Good improvement for me. Said time to get the back fixed. (Before all good doctors quit due to election. I know that sounds silly, but it is happening. My general surgeon is quitting. He's done. Not gonna fight it anymore. He's done 3 of my surgeries. He had told me he would. Him and my uro are friends, and he already told him he's done. He also talked to my FP and told him same thing. I had one other dr who said he may quit also.) Uro said I should go back to neurosurgeon. He will sign off w him (which was a request from neuro to make sure we have right back pain being fixed). Today I had to go to my Family Practice doctor to refill meds. He said when fix back up to me. He's ready. Will get me w a friend for a second opinion if I want one. I just don't want to do it. I'm taking more pain meds all the time. I've been 6 months without a surgery. I know that doesn't sound like much, but for me, that's a long time. 19 surgeries in less than 5-1/2 years. I'm totally sick of it. I don't take a lot of meds. 1 maybe 2 a day, but I have a really high pain tolerance. I can take a lot before I begin to whine.

FP can't tell if causing more damage in back by waiting without MRI and seeing a Neuro. We've been friends for a long time. He said he'll do whatever I want and will get me into any Doctor i want. At least I don't feel like I have to "rush" to a Doctor now. But I've been busy all day having a pity party. I didn't even go to work or call them! Bad part is I didn't scrap or sew or anything. My dog kept throwing up last night and she is moving really slow today, so I've just cuddled with her all day.

Sorry about the whining. I should be excited my kidneys are working better. Coincidence, I got a text from my brother he's getting another stent put in one of his kidneys Monday. (our fam has kidney issues). I need to get it together. I've got a lot of projects to get done.

mrsdriver5
Diva
mrsdriver5
In response to SherylEb

So sorry for all you're going through, Sheryl. It's great news about your kidneys, but it sounds like you have a lot to think about for your back. I know several people who have recently gone through various back surgeries and they really didn't enjoy it! Although they eventually appreciated the results, it's a lot to get through...and it sounds like you've had more than your share already.

Cuddle with your furbaby and hopefully he'll get feeling better and you'll get a clear mind on what/when to do the surgery.

Getting back to your crafts will give your mind something else to think about, but sometimes we just need to take a little time for ourselves for that pity party. Thoughts & prayers~Judy

chocolateaxel
Mayor
chocolateaxel
In response to SherylEb

Sheryl, hugs to you, my friend! Great news on your kidneys, but sorry to hear you are facing back surgery. I understand you giving in to a pity party. You have been through so much in such a short time, the thought of more would probably push me right over the edge! And then to have your baby up all night sick is the icing on the cake. You deserve a pity party tonight! Then tomorrow put on your big girl panties and decide what and when and who, etc. I think I know you well enough to assume that you are a strong woman who will face what comes head-on. If you are looking for a neurosurgeon, I can't say enough good things about the docs at Neuroscience Institute at Mercy. About a month after my brain surgery, one of the docs there did a friend's back surgery, and she is singing his praises like I do with my neuro. If you're interested, I can give you the names of the best of the best. And the best part, my sister is a nurse and she told me that in the nursing circles, the docs there are considered the best, so it's not just my opinion. Nurses always know who the good and bad docs are, lol. Prayers for you!

RedSquirrel UK
Diva
RedSquirrel UK

Sheryl. That's a lot to take in, good and not so good news. What is wrong with your back? Forgive me if I've missed where you've explained it before.

Nothing much to report here. Still working on my craft fair stuff.

I worked most of yesterday on an advent calendar which I'm not happy with, and when DH got home, he doesn't like it either. Today I'll do something completely different I think.

The autumn trees outside my window are just beautiful, beautiful. They're past their glorious best and are shedding their leaves, but the combination of the bare trees, evergreen conifers, the few green trees left, some bright yellow leaves and a glowing red acer right in the middle is breathtaking. I LOVE the autumn.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to RedSquirrel UK

Morning guys!

Sheryl, sounds like good news with a side of thinking! I haven't known anyone who has had a "good" back surgery. Unfortunately, it only leads to more surgeries. I hope for you that it is different and you get relief! My hubs has some serious back problems that will require surgery some day, but he is putting it off as long as possible. The Dr. told him he was too young to start a lifetime of back surgeries. YIKES!

Well, it is FRIDAY ladies!! WOOHOO!!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Manda_K

HEYYYYyyy everyone!!!

I hope everybody be fiiiiine.

I had a cold. I stayed in all day yesterday, at home. Since there's no cure for a cold, yet, I spent the day playing with my paper. I made somethin! I gotsta get pictures of it! I'm proud of it!

I'm still shocked that I didn't win the election. I was sure that with everyone's write-in votes, I would wake up on Wednesday morning to find myself elected president.

4tgrfans
Veteran
4tgrfans
In response to designguyKORY

Woo Hoo.....so glad it is Friday! I am going shopping tomorrow and planning a stop at M's and J's. i have 50% and 60% off one thing coupons. You know, the one's with the long list of things you cannot use it for ?! Feel like I have to though, I mean, they went to the trouble of making the coupon.....

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to 4tgrfans

hahahahaha- 'they went throught the trouble of making the coupon.' My new favorite saying!

Speaking of coupons that say what you can't use them for- I was fine when it was pretty much just 'no books, magazines or Cricut.' But really, Jo-Ann?! NO DIES! Arrrrrrrrrrrr!

Diva
In response to designguyKORY

I have the cuopons for JoAnn and Michaels. Going there after work!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics