Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to bayamonesa1

what no dies for coupons - okay that really bites!

Sheryl love hang in there - and we are here for you!

I am bruised because they attempted to put in a saline lock for a contrast die injection and screwed it up - so no die and they ain't getting another chance.

MRI is for more growths in girlie areas and although it was only going to be a pelvic one they ended up doing a full body scan - I am not sure I like that much. But we wait until we hear. And then - well then we kick a$$!!!!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean

I use the phone apps for Joanne, Michaels and Hobby Lobby. No more paper coupons! I love it!

Got home yesterday afternoon. Had company here in our guest house when we got here so I've been spending time with her. Actually she's my son's guest but she has been like a daughter to me for aboug 18 years. And her mother is a good friend in Atlanta. She will be here through tomorrow I think.

Felt bad the guest house wasn't clean and the sheets weren't washed but after our last trip we spent 8 days with Joe in the hospital and then I didn't even think of goign in the guest house for the next week, and then this cruise. However, she was the last guest here a few months back so I told her she could get clean sheets or deal with the sheets she slept on for 4 or 5 nights.

Usually I clean the guest house and wash the sheets as soon as someone leaves but this has been a crazy past few months.

Manda - I worry about your migraines. I act 2 years old when I get a tiny headache so I don't know how you manage migraines - hopefully your doctor will be able to come up with some kind of solution.

This was an interesting cruise. We started in QUebec and instead of Newport RI, Bar Harbor ME. Boston and New York, we were told that we would get more Canadian ports. THen they kept giving us more Canadian ports.

Even the entertainers and comedians on the ship would start with, "I heard you guys were going to be in Portugal tomorrow" and the group called the Beatle Maniacs did a Beatles show and said, "The Beatles actually invented the term Magical Mystery Tour" but this cruise is the real Magical Mystery Tour. You people have no idea where you will be from one day to the next.

However, I saw some tiny places in Canada I never though I would see and they were every one charming and gracious with wonderful people and beautiful fall foliage. Some were not set up for a ship with 4,000 passengers to come into port plus some crew members but they all made us feel most welcome.

The tourist season in some of the ports had ended and vendors and shops had closed up but they all came back and opened for us. Even the Citadel in Halifax which has quit giving tours called in regular employees to come in to show us around.

The most moving thing to me was the Titantic cemetery in Halifax. I wish I could have spent more time there but we were with a cab and 4 other people and I wish I had taken a lot more pictures there.

I will research the Titantic and get info for journaling for those pages.

We really had a great cruise and we enjoyed all the ports. Must go back to Quebec! WOW! Loved that city.

Niagara Falls was really something to see, especially from the Canadian side - if you have to see if from one side or another, take the Canadian side. And the Maid of the Mist boat rides - how can you go to Niagara Falls and not go on the boat? They give you rain ponchos for a reason.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Henri Jean

Tammy - keep us posted.

Sheryl - glad you got good news about the kidneys but back surgeries can be really bad. I was told I had to have back surgery about 12 years ago but was one of the lucky ones - a chiropractor was able to fix my problem and I haven't had a back problem again in a lot of years. If it even starts to hurt I run to my chiro.

My daugher-in-law has had 4 back surgeries and still suffers and most days she can't even leave their house while my son is at work becuase she can't carry the baby down the stairs. He takes her everywhere, does all the shopping with her and even takes off work to take the baby to the pediatritian or anywhere else she needs to go becasue his wife can barely carry the baby with her back issues. Wish they could find a way to help her.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom

Tammy, get those tests done without delay!

Henri, so glad you had fun! Also glad you were able to stay OUT of the NY/NJ area...It's terrible down there still!

I am proud to say that after taking the summer months to work, but having had no time to scrap...I have been scrapping again since Sept 13th, and since that time I have completed over 45 pages!! Whoo hoo!! So proud of myself!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Juansmom

Chris that is great and not to worry sweetie, they are being done.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Sounds like you are moving right along with your pages Chris.

I am waiting for pictures for 3 pages. I need different sizes is (some 5 x 7's) and the photo machine went down at Walgreens. Actually I'm having over 300 done but some are odd sizes. I pick them up tomorrow and then I'm back scrapping again.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb
In response to RedSquirrel

It's a really long story, but short part is I broke it when I was little, and it's all funky and is now cutting the nerves off at the waist. I have degeneration which isn't helping it.

I've quilted all day, but I'm basically finished. I just need to sew binding on and I'm done! It's for my son-in-law. I'll try to take a photo tomorrow.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SherylEb

Oh Sheryl - that has to be awful pain for you to have to go through.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Sheryl you are always so sweet and yet you must be in pain much of the time - I hope and pray you find some relief.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

Good morning, y'all! Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend.
Yesterday was a busy day for me, I got a lot of stuff done around the house, my sister & I finished a couple of her projects that have occupied my scrap room for months, we fixed a wonderful meal, trying out new recipes we had found, then I crashed. I got a really good night's sleep for a change, now I'm ready to rock it again. I am taking a class at My Heart's Fancy this afternoon, looking forward to some fun!
Hope y'all have a lovely Sunday, later.........

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to chocolateaxel

Hey, y'all! Hope everyone had a great Sunday!
I enjoyed a wonderful class at MHF, the class was fun and the company was enjoyable. Learned how to use Mica, really enjoyed it.
Korybean, you know Adona, the lady who always does the sign-up table for Demo Days? I found out from Lisa today that Adona is in the hospital, at Integris Baptist, she had to have her other leg amputated. I'm going to go visit her tomorrow after work, she needs lots of visitors right now to help keep her spirits up.
Hope everyone is well, Sheryl & Tammy, hope y'all are feeling okay, Manda - hope you haven't been plagued by migraines this weekend.
Hope y'all have a super Monday!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

ah Darla you made me smile - you are so thoughtful - I hope Adona is okay and I will say a prayer for her.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

Hi, y'all! Hope everyone had a great Monday. I am just glad it's over, lol!
Tammy, I know all too well how it feels to lay in the hospital, it is so easy to slip into a pity party between visitors. Since everyone these days works, and I get off early, I wanted to stop in and try to brighten her day. I did go by but she was sleeping, and I can't bear to wake someone in the hospital. But someone had set up a notebook on her tray table for visitors to sign, so I left her a cheery note and I also had a card and little gift I left for her. I work just around the corner from the hospital she's in, so I'll try again in a day or so. I know this must be so hard for her, but she's the type of person that won't let it show, and will keep a smile on her face. She's a really sweet, funny lady.
I hope you're feeling okay these days. Any word if or when you will have surgery?
Hope everyone else is okie dokie fine!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

no word yet - I will let y'all know when I know. I am just getting on with my days and enjoying what I can. The Christmas lights were turned on in the main square outside our office on Friday night so it is beautiful walking down the streets of Manchester and they are setting up for the Christkindlmarkt so I am excited about that - it reminds me of home. Where I lived in Kitchener, there is a large german population so we always had one - it was always fun.

Diva

Sounds good. I got my two grandsons together and got their picture with Santa at the mall. It is so cute!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY

SO I was at Ms last night- their version of SMASHbooks were on an endcap display. It turns out that they're NICE! I bought a pack of polaroid looking nice chipboard frames and a pack of kraft colored little enverlopes with some cool designs on bits of them-

They also had some new tapes- AND since they were all 50% off, I bought three new packs.

That was the exciting night at Ms...

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to designguyKORY

I spent the weekend cleaning, sorting, and organizing!! I have been taking a webinar on scrapbook organization led by the woman who created the Scraprack. The classes are all designed to sell the scraprack, of course, but she tells you how to organize even if you don't use the system (yet). There are challenges to complete, so basically sorting things by color and theme, and putting things away where they are visible. If you see it you will use it. There is a FB group to go to for support and to BS too I suppose. Anyhoo, I've sorted and organized my paper by ROYGBIV and theme, scraps too! All my stickers and embellies are sorted by theme as well!! I feel great! Now I am even more excited to get to work!!

On another note, my brother is supposed to be moving out of his house, as he got a job 5 hrs away. As soon as he is out, we are relocating to that house. However, he is in a funk, depressed about moving all his stuff, shifting everything reminds him of his ex-wife and the dog she stole, who he ultimately got back, but she got sick and died (the dog, not the ex, although he wishes the ex was the one who got sick and died!) The dog has been gone 4 yrs and he still unearths dust bunnies of dog hair! I went over to help him pack over the wkend and he was in bed (1 pm) feeling miserable. I got most of the kitchen done with my mom, only 6 more rooms to go!!! Ugh! Then i pack up my own house!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Juansmom

Juansmom! I need to check that out- I'm trying to be more organized. I actually use MORE of my stuff when I know what I have and WHERE IT'S AT...

I actually spent time this weekend ORGANIZING and getting my new workspace all set up (after my move, my craftquarters was let very disjointed).

I bought a piece of pegboard from Lowe's and built a pegboard wall- I'm amazed at how easy it was and how FAST I did it- I need to show y'all some pictures. If I can manage to take some decent photos.

I hung up all my most frequently used tools and stuff, I organized paper (HOW DID I GET SO MUCH PAPER- it isn't a Miz Henri-type paper situation, yet, but....) and re-organized my letter stickers and stuff. I was so proud of myself that I did a layout.

haha

HEY, Chocklit and Tanya and anybody else in OKC- Paper Crown is having a happ'nin tonight, 5-8- I'm gonna go!

And if anybody in OKC wants to go, come on out! I'll be there with JayJay. How many times do you get to go to Paper Crown on a Tuesday evening with the Kings of OKC Scrap? C'mon, don't be lazy.

-k

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to designguyKORY

What a job Chris - packing up your brother's house and then yours! You must be exhausted.

Isn't it great when you organize and can find your stuff? I like to think I'm organized but I keep coming across stuff in drawers and cabinets I forgot I had and there is no room to have it all out. I'm getting better about using stuff I have though.

Problem is, I keep ordering more diecuts and papers. Its a sickness - I have to stop. I can't use all this paper in thi lifetime even if I live to be 200!

Seems I still keep coming across more and more stuff I forgot I had!

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

I'm home for the night. No Paper Crown for me. My pop in law is here. He came for supper and now we are just hanging out. "Bonding".

I have meeting in OKC tomorrow so I'm sure I'll have to do some shopping on my way back.

Has anyone been to Skaneateles New York at Christmas? The town is like it stepped out of Charles Dickens novel. It's so awesome! I went with my DD and SIL a couple of years when I was up there for Thanksgiving. My DD can't stand holidays (so opposite of me). I loved it. I even sat on Santas lap. I kept looking for Scrooge so he could have his wife back (my daughter). LOL. I wanted their pic together. I think Tammy's got me thinking of Christmas.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics