Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to SherylEb

She's got me thinking about Christmas too!

Just got a phone call from my son - he and his wife and our granddaughter want to come here for 4 days for Thanksgiving.

We have a friend in New Mexico, collects license plates with my husband and he called to say he was coming for Thanksgiving and so I promised Mike our guest house.

Now I've got to have BIll call Mike and tell him that we have family coming instead. Hate to do that. I hate these sticky situations.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Henri Jean

Oh KK, wish I'd seen this yesterday! Not that I need to do anymore shopping - I made a "Kory Killing" at Basket Market last week! I found the Doodlebug divided page protectors that I was getting ready to order (normally $8 and $13) for $3!! I snatched up every one of them!! I also found a couple of sets of DIY Thickers for $1, and when I got them home to put away, I already had the same ones, LOL! Apparently I was really liking that font! I found several other things that day, spent more than I ever had there, and walked out on Cloud 9!

This time of year always gets hard for me. The change in season, being dark so early, stresses of so much to do and forced family togetherness, along with the anniversary of my brother's death ... it just seems to get to me every year. Luckily, I have a pretty understanding Hubs (most of the time, LOL) and he puts up with my moodiness. I've been dealing with some emotional unrest for awhile with several different situations, and hoping at least one will resolve itself before too long, allowing me to finally move on. But, I may have a happy distraction soon though ....

Over the weekend, we stopped by a locally owned pet supply store that was holding an adoption/awareness event. We kept seeing them post pictures of a female American Bulldog (which is what our beloved Griffin is) that needed a home. We'd talked back and forth about it, and wanted to just see her first before even weighing the pros and cons of another dog. She wasn't there that day, but another little cutie was, and the minute she looked up at me, I felt Cupid's arrow firmly embed itself in my rear!!! She's a Staffie-mix, with Griffin's sweet eyes and Yoda-ears, LOL. She's a beautiful little girl! We sat on the floor and played with her for nearly an hour. We've talked about it and have gone back and forth on a decision. Hearing the vet tell us the other day that Droopy-Doo, our Basset Hound, was in his final stages of life and just to keep him happy and comfortable, really did a number on me. We still haven't decided for sure on adding another pup, but we'll be seeing her again on Friday. I think if it's meant to be, then I'll know, just like with our other dudes. It's hard to not get my hopes up just yet, and I know it will be hard, and added stress during the holidays. Then again, she could be a welcome distraction to the holiday chaos ... so ... stay tuned, I'll be sure to keep you all posted.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to tanyaham

OK, on the rare chance that you haven't seen Kory's latest blog post ... let me just say that I cried from laughing, and he totally made my day! Thanks, doll!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tanyaham

lol Tanya and did you check out Kory's backside - I did - it was very cool!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Ladybing Tammy

hahahahaa y'all just cracked me up! Thanks for that! I needed it- I'm at work and suffering. The 'beast' is already making the day miserable. The sound of her 'Yeahps' and annoying forced giggle makes me want to drive nails into my ears.

I scored at Basket Market last Saturday, Tanya! I found a buncha Thickers! And I forget what else. Mostly letter stickers, but a coupla other things.

Ohhh it's gonna be a long day at work. But the 'Education Department' is having a TAG SALE at 11am- she's cleared out her design closet and is selling lots of vases, containers and tons of Christmas wreaths and stuff- it's gonna be fun!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to designguyKORY

So Kory, Imogen Stubbs is in Orpheus Descending - not sure if you know of her or not. I talked to two people who had been to see it, one said it was pants (meaning it right sucks) and the other said it was brilliant and I don't know either one of them well enough to know who to believe lol.

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham

Thought I'd pop in real quick and entertain y'all with some fun gossip ... remember my goofy nephew's preggo bride that wanted zero to do with us?? Well, well, well ... seems NOW she would like help with a baby book!! Ya don't say ...!!! Of course I said I'd help her ... like I'd give up an opportunity for a new project?!? But ... I told her I would HELP her, not do it FOR her ... and with the baby being induced (if he doesn't come before) in 4 days, I'm going to bet she won't have the energy or time to work on a scrapbook for quite awhile.
Ahhh .... as the world turns, these are the days of our lives ... LOL!!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to tanyaham

lol Tanya

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

hey all!

Okay, so I tried to read, but work is non stop this week and all is crazy!

Henri, I was keeping up with FB, glad you had a fun trip!

Tammy, I am so adopting "pants" as an idiom! I love that.

I see we have done some drop til we shop!

Kory, I will jet on over to your blog.

Let's see....pretty boring here, work, more work, more migraines...night before last I had a really bad one in the middle of the night (again) that made me sick to my stomach! Crazy.

Tanya, you are too nice!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Manda_K

Manda is it weather related migraines or other triggers do you think - have you talked to your dr.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

Lady Tammy, I so love that term! And now I have to use it, my day was right pants! LOL! In all seriousness, my day did suck the big one, but it's over now so all's good.
Lovely Ms Tanya, what Manda said - you are way too nice! I'd tell her to go suck an egg. I truly have no patience for people like her that have no time for anyone until they want something.
Korybean, love love love the Halloween box you made! Even your backside, lol! You do realize this Saturday is Demo Day, do you not? Can I look forward to seeing you there? And Tanya and Sheryl, would love to see y'all there as well. Anybody else up for a road trip? LOL!
Tomorrow is finally Friday!! YAY!!! This has been a long sucky week, I'll be glad to see the end of it. And it was just brought to my attention a day or 2 ago, Thanksgiving is next week. What?!? Where has the time gone?
Manda, so sorry you are still having migraine misery. I do hope they find some cause and help for you!

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to chocolateaxel

It sure has been a long week, Chocklit. Wow. What a week. But today hasn't been too bad... I do have rehearsal, tonight, for a new musical that I'm stage managing... but...today hasn't been so bad. The obnoxious coworker is in, bleating and mooing to beat the band, but the design/education department (not a big department- two people, lol) had their '2nd EVER Tag Sale' in the 'classroom' here at work. For those that don't know, I work during the day in da floral industry. Next door to my office is the classroom- so there's usually lots of fun stuff going on (remember when we made Easter baskets?!) Anyways, they cleaned out the design closet again and sold lots of vases, containers, whatevers, and the head of the dept (one of the most famours in the floral industry!)made a bunch of arrangments and Christmas wreaths- wow, they were beautiful! I bought two wreath stands (three bucks each and they look so so cool- I'm thinking I'll hang pictures on them or use them to hold things I photograph for my blog) and I bought some candles (for my classy iron deer antler candleabra) lots of brass bowls (for storage!) a shelf unit (for supplies!) and an HP Photo Printer- one of those ones that you don't have to plug into a computer to use- know what I mean? I don't know why I bought it (other than it being electronic and cheap) since I have a good printer- but who knows, it might be fun...

so ... but then tomorrow is FRIDAY! And THEN DEMO DAY!!! Yes, I will be there! I'm going to breakfast with my Mom and one of our mutual friends (an ex-coworker that later become my Mom's coworker. They became friends and YOUR SON IS KORY?!) and I invited them to come, too! So Demo Day Hurray Fun Day!

I got the Tim Holtz Bell Jar die in the mail today- I'd been wanting that one since I first saw it...

AND get this- I was just checking my email- there's an email telling me that I have a private message here at SB.com. The subject line is "You've WON!" I'm thinking, "oh yeah? tell me, SPAM, what did I win? Some ED pills? Hair replacement? Money in Nigeria to win a Russian mail-order bride?" It wasn't spam! I won a 10.00 gift certificate to SB.com! All just because I uploaded something to my gallery this week, it says. I didn't know that happened. But yayyy now what to buy, what to buy. So remember that and keep up the dream, people. Upload to the gallery and you, yourself, just might be as lucky one day.

(and no, I'm not being rude- I NEVER win anything, so just randomly getting a 10.00 gift certificate is pretty exciting, lol)

wow, sorry, I'm talkative.

-kory

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to designguyKORY

Congratulations on your win Kory! Awesome.

Mandi, I'm so sorry you are suffering with migraines. I do hope they find a fix for them soon.

All you OKC people - have fun! SOunds like a fun city to live in for scrapbookers! Much going on.

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom
In response to Henri Jean

OMG!!! watching the news...no more Twinkies, Ho Hos, ding dongs and Wonder bread? Good thing they will last in your pantry for what, several decades?? Wow. What is our country coming to?

Anyhoo, started a new job last night, will be seasonal help at Kohl's Dept store for the holidays. They of course do not have a scrap dept (fortunately) but the associates discount is amazing when its stacked on top of sales and coupons. This MIGHT not be the best job for me given my addiction to shopping and getting a bargain!

It's Friday, time to shop!! Grabbed 3 stacks of DCWV Halloween paper at J's on clearance yesterday...so now I have almost 300 sheets of paper for a holiday I maybe take 10 pictures a year for. But they all coordinate!

Oh, Kory and anyone else, if you want the scrap organizing webinar info, just pm me. on second thought, I prob won't be back on computer all day. Google Scraprack Organizational Bootcamp, that should get you there. The presentation is Tuesday nights, but you can watch them anytime.

Have a great day all!!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

• Ladybing Tammy Said:
Manda is it weather related migraines or other triggers do you think - have you talked to your dr.

Numerous appts, meds, even an MRI. I think that I have a lot of triggers, too much chocolate, weather, hormones, maybe even allergies.

Diva
In response to Manda_K

I know, suffering as no more Twinkies are going to be available!!!!!!!!!!!

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to bayamonesa1

Hey all, Mr Hueys deal on Peachy Cheap today!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Manda_K

that's the hard part Manda - knowing every little trigger and trying NOT to have an attack as you add little things back in. I hope they find some relief for you soon.

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy

Chris I LOVE LOVE LOVE Kohls - oh how I will my Kohls Black Friday this year - as I now live in the UK - it's a bit far to travel.

SherylEb
Idol
SherylEb

What!?! No more Twinkies?!?!! I'm appalled! I had to google it after I saw your post Chris. I love Twinkies my secretary loves them too. She's teeny tiny (like less than 90 lbs). She can put a box of Twinkies away like none other.

Twinkies and Dr Pepper are my crack after surgery.

And I love Kohls too. Great sales and Kohls bucks. I just bought a mixer for my hubs bday. And had enough bucks for a Crock Pot (mine was broke) and an electric skillet my son wants for Christmas for free.

Note: my DH doesn't cook. One year he bought me a lamp post for the front yard for my bday, so I bought him a sewing machine for his. No telling what I'll get for my bday. They are only a week apart.

Did I need a nice mixer? No... But I've been drooling over them for years. And it looks totally awesome on my counter!
Besides I need to make meringue for hubs bday pie next week.

So the day after the mixer arrives, I get a form in the mail asking for my recipes. It's from hubs work. They publish cookbooks ever so often. Ooh!! Now I can be a published author!! Yes, its only 1 recipe in a little cookbook, but that's details!!! I told everyone at work that I got a written request to publish an article in a cookbook. (yes, we are hard up for entertainment).

So I show hubs the letter last night and tell him about being a published author. He laughed and said what can u cook? (totally insulting my abilities). I said "I have a mixer!!" he laughed and agreed, that did make all the difference in the world.

Today we were cooking hot dogs outside at work. (we do this on home football days). Our boss looks over and said "hey published author, you're burning the weenies". No respect, none at all!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics