Username Post: PayDay-Friday!        (Topic#1571397)
Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to kiyawinn

Hey all! I hope everyone had a super weekend! I got some shopping knocked out, but not all. I wanted to decorate, but I only managed a little, I was so tired!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Manda_K

How are your migraines Manda? Hope you are getting relief for them.

I haven't started shopping yet but my list is pretty short. Mostly I have to get the Ruths Chris gift cards earlier this year than I did last year - one did not make it to my husband's daughter and her husband in time.

ALso need to get a check out to husband's son earlier - his ex-wife had to cover it on Christmas day because it wasn't there yet. I hate to say this but we actually forgot about him. YIKES!

My only real shopping concerns are my husband and Joe who shares Christmas with us every year and my mom .

We may go to my mom's house in Alabama for Christmas and my oldest son and his wife and baby will join us there. If so I will have a few more small gifts to buy. Both of my brohters will be there and endless nieces, nephews and cousins but we don't shop for each other. Some I have hadn't had contact with since my daddy's funeral in 1993 and before that it was at least 10 years. WIll be nice to see them all again.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to Henri Jean

heyyyy everyone,

I've been so busy, I'm not sure if I remember my name, let alone any news to tell you-

I'm stage managing a show that opens this Friday- a loud, nicely offensive lounge act- and it's really keeping me running around...

SO- I went out to Michaels on Thanksgiving night- but didn't buy anything. Wait, no, I bought a square punch (4.11 with discounts) and THAT WAS IT... sad, right?

My only Black Friday shopping was a trip to JoAnn which ended in disaster. The manager from #$*@#)* was totally rude to me and I refused to buy a thing. My love affair with JoAnn is OVER. It's FINISHED. I am on a boycott. More about that, later, I'm sure- but to make a long story short- I made it clear that she's a manager of a craft store and she doesn't know what a DIE is... also, if you must leave old sale signs up, at least make the valid dates BIGGER so I see that it's an old sign. I know you're very busy not learning what product you sale and being rude to customers- but still- you have time to take old sale signs down.

-kory

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel

Hi, y'all, hope everyone survived the holidays. Except for going out with my dad Thanksgiving day then my quick trip to Michael's (ugh!), I didn't leave the house. And I sure got a lot done! It was awesome, no distractions, no time constraints, just me and my furbaby to care for. And he's easy, as long as he has food, water, play time and can lay under my chair while I'm in my scrap room, he's perfectly happy. Now if this silly weather will cooperate and become more wintery, I'll be a totally happy camper. This is the time of year when I get the desire to bake, but I can't get excited about it when it's still warm out. I'm so incredibly hot-natured that I am miserable in the kitchen when the weather is warm.
After getting so much done this weekend, it sure was hard to go back to work today, lol! And of course, while slogging through the backlog at work my mind kept wandering to all things I still want to get done, so it was a really long day. Anybody else have this problem?

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to chocolateaxel

today is payday! A big deal since I only get paid once a month. I don't have time to think about much at all at work Darla since the days fly because we are so busy but I am enjoying it. It's the train home where I do all my thinking of what waits for me when I get home and then I don't get half of them done.

Kory on Sunday we were in town and at the Royal Exchange Theater, they are changing the set around so they were giving tours for free and it was awesome - now I must go see something there. I will post pics for you- it is sort of suspended and a theatre in the round - no seat is more than 9 ms from the stage. It really looks like a UFO in a very old building from the lobby. So cool.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to Ladybing Tammy

Well, I haven't had a migraine in a few days *knock on wood*.

I WANT to ramp up decorating, but *ugh* it is work! LOL

Seems that everyone is insanely busy, that is good. I got my black Friday Lindy's loot yesterday (ordered on Sat, received on Monday)! So, I need to clean my scraproom *ugh again* and get that out to play!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to Manda_K

Hello, All! Or rather, Y'all!!

We had a pretty good holiday! We came home from Thanksgiving dinner and got the Christmas boxes down and the tree up. I cranked up my tunes, and in about 4 hours I had the tree and house about 99% decorated. I was thrilled! That meant I had more time to scrapbook on Friday! We barely left the house all weekend. We watched several Netflix movies, played with our new pup, took naps, ate more than we should've ... it was an awesome break!

Kory, I am dying to hear your JoAnn story!!! I'm about to send a complaint to HL on an employee from last night (she was rude, condescending, and then acted huffy toward me when I didn't bow to her opinion) - you should let JoAnn's corporate office know what happened (and that they have inept managers).

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to tanyaham

WOW, I have never had a bad experience with HL! Bummer.

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Manda_K

At my Hobby Lobby no one knows a thing about scrapbooking. I hate going there beacuse the customer service is the worst. Joann's is okay and Michaels service is awesome - especially in the scrapbooking because the ladies who work in that department know and love scrapbooking.

Really varies with the box stores from one place to another I guess.

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K

I usually don't have questions about the scrap stuff anyway. All I need to know is where the stuff is!

Diva

Sorry to hear both bad experiences. I never had a problem with JoAnn or HL, but with Michaels, I did one time, but didn't keep as an issue as it was just one stire and just for one employee, I was not going to be upset about it. It just me.
On the other hand, I took advantage of the 60% coupons for JoAnn and Michaels. Goot a few things needed for my Christmas gifts and cards. Now, I have to start decorating my rental apartment. I left that for this weekend. Not much energy after work as I and going thru chemo treatments ( soon to be done with them!!!!!!!!). Enjoy the season!

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to bayamonesa1

I typically don't have any issues with our HL either, it was just this one lady that didn't agree with what I was making (which was NONE of her business anyway)!

For our annual Christmas picture, our dogs wear something cute, like a scarf or glittery collar - my favorite was the year we did bow ties. This year, I was going to cover a ribbon "collar" with something glittery - I first went to the wearable arts section and found the perfect thing - stretchy sequin rounds, for baby's headbands. Since they weren't big enough to go around my boys' large noggin's, and would be tight around their necks, I decided to go to the fabric section and see what they had for sequin trim. I found exactly what I needed - 1.25 inch wide sequin trim in black and pink (our little gal's first Christmas! LOL). I held onto the baby headband, and asked the lady if she thought I could get away with gluing the sequin trim, or if I should go ahead and stitch it, since the headband had been glued. She said "you don't want to use glue for a baby, so probably stitch it." I told her they were for my dogs, and after looking at me like I had 3 heads, she said "well just glue it then, it doesn't matter" in a very crappy tone. I tried to lighten the mood by saying they always get something cute to wear for our Christmas pictures, and she looked at the trim and said LOUDLY "Black? For Christmas? Wha??? Why???" I repsponded that my decorations were black and white. She continued, very loudly and animated "Why??? It's CHRISTMAS! It should be COLORFUL! This is BLACK!" to which I responded that half their Christmas section on the other side of the store was black and white, it's been sort of trendy for a few years now. She puffed up like a toad, and wouldn't speak to me the rest of the transaction!!! I gave her the pink trim and amount I needed, and then some fabric I wanted for another project, and she just cut it without a word, sliding my cut purchases across the table and walking off. I was stunned!!

Who the heck was SHE to tell me what colors I should or shouldn't use for my decor??? And why was it any of her business? REALLY?? I was just really shocked about her behavior ...

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to tanyaham

WOW!! LOL What a b!

I think I would have been shocked!

Henri Jean
Queen
Henri Jean
In response to Manda_K

She was way out of line!

Juansmom
Guru
Juansmom

Wow, I'm too busy to get online for a week, and look what happens, all the good stores just go to hell!!!

Alison, hope your second test comes out fine, keep positive energy around you!!

I was too pooped to party on thurs pm, so I did not go out at 8 pm, or even midnight to shop!!! Can you imagine!! My family has turkey day dinner with my girlfriends family, for several years in a row now, but this year her dysfunctional wackadoo extended family joined us, so we cooked for 31 people. No good leftovers!!! It all got eaten! At 8 pm we got on toysrus.com and cybershopped for black friday, and WOW was it much easier!!! I did go to Kohl's @ 10 am and did most of the rest of my shopping with my mom. We made a killing, and now I have $90 (gulp) in Kohl's cash to use this week.

My job there has been going great, most of the supervisors have noticed how I work, how great my customer service is, and commented positively to me. They don't realize my secret is I was a customer there first, and know how I like to be treated there!! Plus, every time I have a customer credit card in my hand, I make sure to thank them by name!! works every time!!

Of course with this busy new life, I have had no time to scrap. or scrapbook.com!! My honey is cooking dinner tonight, maybe I will take advantage of the freedom!!

Ladybing Tammy
Queen
Ladybing Tammy
In response to Juansmom

it will come Chris - just a crazy time in retail.

Bayamonesa1 praying for you - didn't realize you were going through chemo.

went shopping last night for Christmas books for my dgd and was successful. Have a 4:00 finish today as opposed to 5 so going to hopefully get them something cute to wear.

chocolateaxel
Diva
chocolateaxel
In response to tanyaham

Hey, y'all, happy Wednesday!
Tanya, that is just crazy about HL, I have never (knock wood) had a bad experience at HL, but I have noticed at the 2 that I go to that the ladies who work in the fabric department seem to be about 300 years old and very set in their ways. I guess back there nobody bothers them or checks up on them, lol. Now Ms, that's another story! The only good experience I've ever had there was this Thanksgiving day, and it wasn't an employee but another customer who made my day. Only reason I went there was for a couple of items that were insanely marked down plus 30% off entire purchase, so it almost made it that they would be paying me for shopping there, lol. Korybean, sorry about your Js experience! I needed to go there yesterday after work, was a little apprehensive after reading your post, but went anyway and didn't have any problems. Found everything I needed and more, and after the markdowns and my couplon, my savings was more than I spent, yay!!
It really is an issue with all these box stores, I wish there were some way they could be more uniform across the country. But I guess anytime you are dealing with humans you are going to have differences. Again proving why I prefer dogs to most humans!
Hope everyone has an awesome day, hopefully I'll be able to check back later.

designguyKORY
Guru
designguyKORY
In response to chocolateaxel

TANYA!!! I would've gone OFF on that HL lady! Was she one of the HL employees with the crazy hairdoes and denim skirts? If so, I would've definitely gone off and told her that I can have black Christmas decorations and she can have her hair-don't!

I did have black Christmas decorations - many years ago. I just 'up and wanted' (as my Mom would say) some black Christmas ornaments on my classy aluminum tree- so I went out to the parking lot of my building in 37 degree weather in my pajamas and spray painted all my glass ornaments black. Then spent the rest of the day having a fit because they weren't drying. Then I read the can that says the weather should be warmer or something.

I'm exhausted. A pretty close friend passed away on the night before Thanksgiving. It was very shocking and sudden - his gall bladder ruptured. He was only 31. The funeral was yesterday and I am totally drained right now. I'm at work but not able to concentrate. Thought I would actually order some stuff online- but then after I go thru the trouble of filling my cart and hitting checkout, the thing says it'll ship 7DEC. I can't wait that long for something to SHIP!!!???

ohh I'm sleepy

tanyaham
Guru
tanyaham
In response to designguyKORY

Kory, I'm so sorry about your friend. ((hugs))

Manda_K
Queen
Manda_K
In response to tanyaham

Kory, so sorry to hear about your friend. Too young.

Chugging along at work today. Trying to avoid any more online shopping.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics